OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

It’s not... ultimately MD asked Ricks to stay. They won’t let him enroll in college this summer or even in December. He wants to be in school by Spring camp cuz he wants to play as a freshman. MD doesn’t want to set the precedent of letting kids transfer in, take classes elsewhere, and then bounce early. That’s the issue.

Once again, he asked me what is happening. As I said for months times are changing due to MD being scared about CIF and alum.

So why don't they add a 6th star level and split the 3 stars up. There's 1000 3-stars and 32 5-stars.

That added level of evaluation would require alot more work. 247, Rivals, ESPN, etc. would need alot more staff, more film study of thousands of HS prospects, more travel, etc. for very little payoff. Fans of recruiting love to talk/read/obsess over 4 and 5 stars, not 3 stars.

That added level of evaluation would require alot more work. 247, Rivals, ESPN, etc. would need alot more staff, more film study of thousands of HS prospects, more travel, etc. for very little payoff. Fans of recruiting love to talk/read/obsess over 4 and 5 stars, not 3 stars.
I don't really think it would. It's just an adjustment of the rankings using the numbers that they already use.

I don't really think it would. It's just an adjustment of the rankings using the numbers that they already use.

So we're assuming that current 5 star prospects would become 6 stars (~30 prospects), 4 most stars would become 5 stars (~300 prospects). 3 star is a catchall for prospects between 400 and 1000. Adding granularity to that and differentiating between the top of that group and the bottom would take alot of work. Currently the 3 star rank is just a grab bag of prospects.

If you're just using a number cutoff to further drill down the data, how much more work is needed? Not really sure what you're getting at.

If you're just using a number cutoff to further drill down the data, how much more work is needed? Not really sure what you're getting at.

I get what you're saying, just cut if off between 400-700 and 701-1000. and make the top of that group 4 stars and the bottom 3 stars.

What I'm getting at is that if you ask the recruiting coordinators who work for the big services, they'll tell you that they don't put as much effort into ranking 3 stars as they do 4 and 5 stars. The ranking between 400 and 1000 is pretty vague and trying to draw a line in there would be tough and require alot more analysis than they're doing now.

I get what you're saying, just cut if off between 400-700 and 701-1000. and make the top of that group 4 stars and the bottom 3 stars.

What I'm getting at is that if you ask the recruiting coordinators who work for the big services, they'll tell you that they don't put as much effort into ranking 3 stars as they do 4 and 5 stars. The ranking between 400 and 1000 is pretty vague and trying to draw a line in there would be tough and require alot more analysis than they're doing now.
I mean, they're reviewing tape and assigning ratings to the kids. What are you basing the idea that they are putting more effort into rankings on? They essentially already have these de facto separations between high, mid and low 3 star prospects. I don't think that there's any reason for me to believe that they're putting less effort into ranking 3 stars.

Kind of a head scratcher. He know he wasn't starting this season. Maybe he didn't like the depth chart? Clashed with coaches? It's pretty crazy to early early, go through spring then transfer. Oh well, well see him in 2020.

Last edited:
I didn't think he was that good to begin with, but that's pretty surprising to me.

Edit - Apparently there might be some off the field **** that led to that transfer

Last edited:
TAMU’s Thomas Johnson convicted of murder. Damn shame, mayne. His life was supposed to turn out much differently.

Pruitt's got too much baggage for the powers that be at Alabama to let him get that job. It's going to be someone like Pete Golding.

21E2EA55-D0EE-4EBD-AFE4-BEAF6ECF3694.jpeg

casper90403 casper90403 アミーゴ アミーゴ

@witnesskb24 Dennis Dodd said Tate transferred because Ryan Day told him he wouldn’t be part of his offense going forward, “that he wasn’t going to be the guy.”

That’s probably his waiver argument: Old coach resigns, new coach tells him to transfer.

Back
Top Bottom