OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

I've seen multiple 2020 mock drafts that have Najee Harris going in the first round and I just don't see it. He was the #1 RB in the nation a few years back and the talent is there but nothing I've seen from him at Bama make me think he's a future first rounder, especially with more productive backs like Etienne, Taylor and Swift coming out. I'm guessing this is a straight projection and that any they're assumg any starting (he's the presumed starter right?) Bama running back is gonna produce big.

I mostly seen Etienne & Taylor mocked in the first round, for Najee it's more about his traits, he has the size speed combo thing NFL teams covet, not much tread on his tires, now he needs to prove he can catch & block.

By December mocks will look completely different, I remember shades of Kaaya being mocked in the first round :smh:

Was he linked to Ohio State at all before he took that job or it came out of nowhere?

I mean Tressel was still the coach but as soon as he was gone it was a foregone conclusion Urban would take over after Fickell has his season. I don’t think he would’ve gotten the job even if he had that team go 12-0, thank god he went 6-7
And wasted time with Bauserman

I mean Tressel was still the coach but as soon as he was gone it was a foregone conclusion Urban would take over after Fickell has his season. I don’t think he would’ve gotten the job even if he had that team go 12-0, thank god he went 6-7
And wasted time with Bauserman

I guess I'm wondering if what happened back then is similar to what's happening now. I've seen people trying to draw the comparison but Fickel was an interim right? They never removed that title.

I've seen multiple 2020 mock drafts that have Najee Harris going in the first round and I just don't see it. He was the #1 RB in the nation a few years back and the talent is there but nothing I've seen from him at Bama make me think he's a future first rounder, especially with more productive backs like Etienne, Taylor and Swift coming out. I'm guessing this is a straight projection and that any they're assumg any starting (he's the presumed starter right?) Bama running back is gonna produce big.

Najee was splitting carries with 2-3 other NFL running backs :lol: of course Etienne would be more productive.

i wonder how long until Max Browne gets a gig with one of the big boys covering college football. Or is he too off the radar and didnt have a productive career to get real love?

I like him.

Got a Jake back
ehh3.png

Najee was splitting carries with 2-3 other NFL running backs :lol: of course Etienne would be more productive.
He only had 3 fewer carries than Jacobs, Bama split carries pretty evenly between Jacobs, Harris and Harris It's not just production, even when I watch Harris play I'm not that impressed. Nothing he's done screams 'first round pick'. Have you been impressed with him?

Last edited:
He only had 3 fewer carries than Jacobs, Bama split carries pretty evenly between Jacobs, Harris and Harris It's not just production, even when I watch Harris play I'm not that impressed. Nothing he's done screams 'first round pick'. Have you been impressed with him?

And 30-40 less than Damien Harris. Najee was the #3 back on his team. The two other guys you listed were the lead backs.

As to being impressed with him, yes I have. He's gotten 7+ yards per carry every time I've watched him play, including in the title game. I didn't understand why Saban didn't give him the ball more against Clemson (maybe because they fell behind.) I think he's a stud. Everything about him screams first or second back taken in the draft to me.

Wasn't he the worst of the bunch?
His stock took a hit for sure and people seemed to be enamored with Yankoff's mobility but I don't think there was any real separation between Haener, Yankoff and Sirmon besides seniority.
9zy7x0.jpg

Might not work out after Eason leaves but I rather have the opportunity to see it play out rather than not at all
manny.png

I guess I'm wondering if what happened back then is similar to what's happening now. I've seen people trying to draw the comparison but Fickel was an interim right? They never removed that title.

Yeah he was just an interim but you had the idiot fans who wanted him to be the coach because he was tied to the program for so long. Some of them wanted him instead of Day as well. Sorry but he’s a good DC but I’d never want him as a HC.

I think Urban was always tied to tOSU job because of his past (Notre Dame as well) ties so whenever there was smoke about an opening he was linked to it

damn. They ain't even a good program, are they?

The facility is only about a year and a half old but I don't think so. They went 4-6 last season.

If Westlake and LT don't have similar setups, I'm sure they will shortly. They're both Austin area schools like Del Valle is.

Back
Top Bottom