**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
People high on Denver huh. I’m still of the mindset you need at least one superstar to win a round in the playoffs.
pistons-2004-champs.jpg

Thanks for pinging me here.

There are a few franchises in the sports world where anything less than a championship is a failure, the likes of which we have never seen before. The Lakers are that franchise in the NBA. They do not rebuild, they reload. 2nd round exits are embarrassing to them. WCF appearances are moral victories. Losing in the finals is worse than finishing with the worst record in the NBA. Everyone wants to sign with them, as evidenced by the signing of LeBron. If they do not win it all this year they will be better off blowing it up
Lakers been "reloading" since 2013 tho

It’s true that Pistons team didn’t have a “superstar”, but I think they talent they had may be under-appreciated, especially defensively. When he was with the Pistons, Benny Wallace was elite defensively and Sheed was good too. Tayshaun was a great perimeter defender and Rip and Chauncey were solid.

To be honest, once Karl Malone was out, even though the Lakers had the two superstars in Shaq and Kobe, Detroit had the more talented team overall.

:rofl: @ how small everyone was. Navarro Bowman, Dante Cunningham, Nolan Smith, SuperCool Beas
Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 12.40.31 PM.png

Damn this a throwback. I remember my AAU coach Chico Brown (used to run with Freeway Rick) used to gassss DC Assault and Mike Beasley back in the day. First time I ever heard of Mike Beasley

Damn this a throwback. I remember my AAU coach Chico Brown (used to run with Freeway Rick) used to gassss DC Assault and Mike Beasley back in the day. First time I ever heard of Mike Beasley

Those mid 2000s Assault squads were loaded.

Beasley, Nolan Smith, Jeff Green, Austin Freeman, Chris Wright, Dave East :lol:

An unknown Andris Biedrins also came over to US for the 1st time and played with them in Vegas.

KD and Ty Lawson (Nike) were purposely kept away from them but they would have been on those squads too.

Last edited:
Because teams didnt know how to guard Simmons last season so mismatches always happened. Come playoff time when the game slowed down, exposé season lol

Ironically enough, Fultz (Washington version) was supposed to be the ball handler/shot creator and Cov, Dario were floor spacers lol

It's all on Ben for this team to be champions. I don't see it in him half the time

It took bron a few years to find that edge as well so I will be patient.

On a side note, I honestly think if Ben didn't sit out that first year, we would get a much better idea of the type of player he is and perhaps we would have been more open to drafting someone like Tatum. The main reason we were fixated on a PG was because we all thought Simmons would be a PF and part time PG until we saw him last year.

It took bron a few years to find that edge as well so I will be patient.

On a side note, I honestly think if Ben didn't sit out that first year, we would get a much better idea of the type of player he is and perhaps we would have been more open to drafting someone like Tatum. The main reason we were fixated on a PG was because we all thought Simmons would be a PF and part time PG until we saw him last year.

It didn't take Bron years to gain confidence to shoot past 8 feet. Very different. :lol:

What you think the Raps are gonna fall off? That roster is deep and they can guard at every position. Nobody should be surprised if they made the finals.

Some of y’all expect us to believe a 32 year old point guard, an injury prone SF who ain’t been deep in the playoffs in 4 years, are somehow going to getter better as the year goes along.
They will regress like history has shown us the past few years. I swear it’s like the people who keep predicting the patriots not being good every year.

I'm from Toronto and a lot of us older fans aren't jumping on the hype train just yet, it's just the 'new jacks'. We've either had to play 7 games against lower seeded opponents or we've been beaten by them. Could very well be more of the same come Playoff time for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom