**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Injuries aside, the Pels shouldn’t be 15-20 with a transcendent talent, Jrue and Julius. Something isn’t adding up

They can't close out games. 3-10 in games decided by 3 points or less after being 23-16 last season in such contests. Could be AD getting fatigued from having to do so much. Boogie was able to carry the load at a lot of points last season.

KG did that in year 9. And AD has been injured a lot which can account for some of the lack of playoff appearances.
True but KG was playing in the era of the Lakers and Spurs dynasties not to mention Sacramento and Dallas so in the playoffs he was losing to better teams. You would think a transcendent talent like AD would get you close to 50 wins every year and definitely a playoff appearance.

Why doesn’t Anthony Davis impact translate to wins?
Sweeping Portland last season was impressive. Otherwise poor management and injuries have derailed him during multiple regular seasons. If he played in the East he'd have a much easier time getting wins

We've seen poor management derail other great players too recently from "getting wins": Bosh and Love

Basically you’re saying Giannis >>> AD

CC HIM HIM

:lol: giannis has the benefit of playing in the east for starters, and it still remains to be seen how the bucks roster translates come playoff time. The 5 out stuff is for sure ideal when it comes to building around giannis.

AD offensively (And I haven't looked this up, so this could be wrong) gets a lot of his stuff off roles, put backs, layups, and occasional jumpers. He's still not really a guy you just give the ball to and play out of. You see this in 4th quarters where the pels legit play out of Jrue and Julius just as much, if not more than they do AD.

Part of that is fatigue for sure, and as P mentioned their depth stinks. But idk

They can't close out games. 3-10 in games decided by 3 points or less after being 23-16 last season in such contests. Could be AD getting fatigued from having to do so much. Boogie was able to carry the load at a lot of points last season.

Which goes to my point of AD chilling in the 4th quarters. Maybe he’s fatigued. Maybe he quit. I don’t know, just making an observation

He has an elite 2 way PG tho
They have no depth and Mirotic has been injured not to mention Payton for most of the year

With a fully healthy squad that team should not be expected to even be a guaranteed second round team. Hell with how tough the west is, I saw projections on them anywhere from the 4th seed to out of the playoffs (I had them 8th)

:lol: giannis has the benefit of playing in the east for starters, and it still remains to be seen how the bucks roster translates come playoff time. The 5 out stuff is for sure ideal when it comes to building around giannis.

AD offensively (And I haven't looked this up, so this could be wrong) gets a lot of his stuff off roles, put backs, layups, and occasional jumpers. He's still not really a guy you just give the ball to and play out of. You see this in 4th quarters where the pels legit play out of Jrue and Julius just as much, if not more than they do AD.

Part of that is fatigue for sure, and as P mentioned their depth stinks. But his style of play as a #1 is sketch for me.

Do they have less depth than the Grizzlies?

I’m saying LeGiannis is better for the fact that he is a guy you can give the ball to and run the offense through, eastern conference or not. But that’s another debate

True but KG was playing in the era of the Lakers and Spurs dynasties not to mention Sacramento and Dallas so in the playoffs he was losing to better teams. You would think a transcendent talent like AD would get you close to 50 wins every year and definitely a playoff appearance.

When he's been healthy 65+ games they've been near 50 wins a couple times. And when he's gotten to the playoffs they've lost to GS, not exactly chopped liver. But the game has evolved to a much more perimeter oriented game than it was in the 2000s so his impact is going to be less.

Do they have less depth than the Grizzlies?

I’m saying LeGiannis is better for the fact that he is a guy you can give the ball to and run the offense through, eastern conference or not. But that’s another debate

And I can see that line of thinking. You can give it to Giannis, and he can attack from 30 feet out, draw two and make the right read / play.

AD's playmaking is mostly of the PnR variety, and iso post ups, which are easier to double / botch, putting a ceiling on the impact that he can have on the outcome of a game, despite his gaudy numbers.

When he's been healthy 65+ games they've been near 50 wins a couple times. And when he's gotten to the playoffs they've lost to GS, not exactly chopped liver. But the game has evolved to a much more perimeter oriented game than it was in the 2000s so his impact is going to be less.

They’re 11 games under .500 when he plays since he’s been in New Orleans.

But the game has evolved to a much more perimeter oriented game than it was in the 2000s so his impact is going to be less.

Bingo. For someone who's proving right now that his impact isn't necessarily translating to wins, it's wild that the media is going this hard for AD.

I mean I get it, a 28/13/5 superstar at 25 is about to be dealt, I get it. But still, are we sure that he's "That *****" that's going to win you 55 games and take you deep into the playoffs?

Maybe w/LBJ, I guess. Idk.

Giannis is basically the PG for MIL he's going to have a bigger impact on games even though necessarily he may not (and in my opinion is not a better individual player) than AD. Same with Harden.

And I can see that line of thinking. You can give it to Giannis, and he can attack from 30 feet out, draw two and make the right read / play.

AD's playmaking is mostly of the PnR variety, and iso post ups, which are easier to double / botch, putting a ceiling on the impact that he can have on the outcome of a game, despite his gaudy numbers.

In your opinion, who has a bigger impact on the game, AD or Embiid?

Still think the Pels shoulda kept Rondo. He was perfect for them. Glad they didn't though cuz they would be right in that 4-8 seed mix. Pels in a bad spot. All this noise about AD was gonna be there regardless but now you losing, in 14th place, no light at the end.

Hang in there @freddy fig

They have no depth and Mirotic has been injured not to mention Payton for most of the year

With a fully healthy squad that team should not be expected to even be a guaranteed second round team. Hell with how tough the west is, I saw projections on them anywhere from the 4th seed to out of the playoffs (I had them 8th)

The Rockets are a team with no depth.

Payton and Mirotic shouldn’t be the reason a team with 2 first team all Defensive players are at the bottom of the conference.

I could see if AD or Jrue missed significant time but they’ve been relatively healthy.

Giannis is basically the PG for MIL he's going to have a bigger impact on games even though necessarily he may not (and in my opinion is not a better individual player) than AD. Same with Harden.

I don’t necessarily disagree but I feel like Embiid has the kind of impact on a game you’d want AD to have. I got my biweekly line but allow me to enter the barbershop. Embiid got that dawg AD doesn’t have.

Its not an indictment on ADs talent. It’s always been like it’s sometbing missing with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom