**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is four years and counting not enough?

I'm still in the camp that Steph Curry is the greatest offensive weapon ever, but he won't have the high volume production that others have.

Thank you for saving me extra typed words this morning :pimp:... I also saw Russ Destroy GS by 20+ in the regular season before.... i was told nobody cares about moral victory regular season wins

I was also told shooting the ball a lot because your teammates aren't good scorers, was a bad trait and that it is detrimental to other players because they don't get the ball or gain confidence.... James has shot the rock over 30 times 4/10 of the last games but.... Best offensive player of all time now :lol:

I may pull a move out that weirdo who be stalking people's comments & just Hold on to some of these Harden takes until his inevitable 15 pt 3/15 7 turnover game come playoff time... we'll be waiting :lol: #windowsclosed

Cranky this morning. I wonder why.

Randle, D-Lo went from "bust" to nice young prospects once they left LA.

Who called Randle a bust? Also, it was mostly Lakers fans calling Russell a bust. (Neither are busts)

PG was rumored as a lock to LA, suddenly he became mr overrated, WGH, and not a franchise player ..... Now he resigns in OKC he's MVP caliber

By Lakers fans. And yeah, he's MVP caliber. He's having a hell of a season.

Harden turning into greatest iso scorer ever if he continues this for multiple seasons.

Again i have got to know how you go to the playoffs (where great players usually play their best).... Put up percentages of 41/31/88 & somehow become the best Iso Scorer over guys like Kareem, Mike, Kobe, Bird, wilt etc etc..

This dude isn't even a top three offensive player in the League Right NOW :lol:

Who called Randle a bust? Also, it was mostly Lakers fans calling Russell a bust. (Neither are busts)

By Lakers fans. And yeah, he's MVP caliber. He's having a hell of a season.

Now ya'll just being straight up dishonest, Outside of the "World is Falling" subset of Laker fans... There was 10000% percent people in here calling them trash every chance they got

Cranky this morning. I wonder why.

Just More Ammo & laughter loaded up for when bearded Russ, Dirk Gasol & Canadian Clarkson... get exposed to their true core

giphy.gif

Spot on

Gsw goes on a win streak and it’ll be back to “unfair! Theyve got five all stars! Unfair!” in a hurry. NT can’t stand draymond, his narrative here ranges from being a 24 hour fitness bench warmer to all-star talent.

GS has an embarrassment of riches. if they win , that is expected. if they lose we get to laugh at it.

also warriors fans are the worst

You've only read it from me probably. I'm the only person I've seen say it. I'll rephrase, this peak of Harden is the greatest offense from a single player I have ever seen. I've never seen someone who can score like he does be that good of a passer.

Is it actually better than steph in 2016 though? Idk the numbers but it’ll be tough for someone to make my eyes say Steph in 2016 wasn’t the greatest offense from a player I’ve ever seen.

Draymond is certified trash but if you threw me out there and let me hack and set illegal screens for 30 minutes I would give you some great minutes.
Folk will say anything to legitimate this narrative of dray being trash. “He cheats therefore he isn’t good.” Nevermind his ability to beat an offensive player to his position most times, defend 1-5, pass in transition/off screens...

The concept of a screen being “illegal” in today’s nba is loose considering it happens nightly in every game for almost every team. Refs only call it when the pick setter comes in with a hard screen that sends a defender to the ground, otherwise they hold their whistle. If Harden knows he can get to the line because he’ll get the benefit of an official’s call, then the opposite works as well.

Also, it was mostly Lakers fans calling Russell a bust.

This is accurate, and it started all the way back in his first summer league game. A bunch of them were going in on his eyebrows of all things every day. They were mad he was drafted over Jahlil Okafor.

Is it actually better than steph in 2016 though? Idk the numbers but it’ll be tough for someone to make my eyes say Steph in 2016 wasn’t the greatest offense from a player I’ve ever seen.
A single season yeah but I'm talking about this four year run of Magic Harden.

And speaking of impact, on the heels of Curry and Harden's 2015 seasons that nudged the choice to select Russell over Okafor for the Lakers.

This is accurate, and it started all the way back in his first summer league game. A bunch of them were going in on his eyebrows of all things every day. They were mad he was drafted over Jahlil Okafor.

That first summer league game he showed no quickness, couldn’t beat anyone off the dribble, was super slow motion and jogging up and down the court like he was prime Chris Paul. Idgaf about no eyebrows, he was just too slow and acted too cool for a rookie who ain’t did ****

Again i have got to know how you go to the playoffs (where great players usually play their best).... Put up percentages of 41/31/88 & somehow become the best Iso Scorer over guys like Kareem, Mike, Kobe, Bird, wilt etc etc..

This dude isn't even a top three offensive player in the League Right NOW :lol:

When I think of iso scorers i think of MJ, Kobe, AI, etc. Cant see why Harden isnt in that category. You could tell he's the hardest player to guard.

He's definitely changing the game. He's creating a new archetype of player.

The irony is that he has never been a particularly accurate shooter. Curry was always destined for greatness in that category: He’s a career 43.7 percent 3-point shooter who has never shot lower than 41.1 percent from 3 in 10 seasons. Harden is a career 36.6 percent shooter who has never shot higher than 39.0 percent in any of his 10 seasons. What the Rockets figured out is that it didn’t matter. The amount of stress the 3-point shot puts on a defense means that even a player without the same touch as Curry could be just as dominant if he were taking 3s at a high enough rate.

1074611146.jpg.jpg

Devin Booker
Photo by Will Newton/Getty Images
The question that every NBA team should be asking is whether there are any young players out there who could make a Harden-like leap in the years to come. There are a couple of key identifiers: The next Harden should be a bigger guard who has shown the ability to shoot 3s off the dribble, make plays for others, and get to the free throw line. There are 38 players in the league this season who are averaging at least 6.0 3-point attempts per game. Five are under the age of 23, including Devin Booker and Luka Doncic—who are both ahead of where Harden was at a comparable point in his career.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1/3/18166695/james-harden-3-pointer-archetype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom