**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man the slander here is crazy haha I won a friday night out by betting earlier and is ALA member by my Celtics fandom but this thread in shambles haha

I'll give you Rose. His injuries also became a joke for some reason.

To be fair, Bulls fans made it easy to hate Rose. @seymore cake was in here everyday talmbout pooh this and pooh that. But...I don’t think anyone made fun of him after the initial injury. It was like injury #3 where the jokes came in. I made a Santa hat Avy of him in a wheelchair that made a lot of people angry :lol:

Check this page out for D Rose jokes...it was when Jimmy Butler came out saying he removed the rearview mirror in his car so he wouldn’t look to the past :smh:

https://niketalk.com/threads/the-20...-to-lamar-odom.629224/page-1470#post-24361873

1D4F89CB-B855-4046-8380-87351CC66C1E.jpeg

that tweet is from last year lol
but yeah i think i read somewhere that Bron called all those guys to seal the deal lol

To be fair, Bulls fans made it easy to hate Rose. @seymore cake was in here everyday talmbout pooh this and pooh that. But...I don’t think anyone made fun of him after the initial injury. It was like injury #3 where the jokes came in. I made a Santa hat Avy of him in a wheelchair that made a lot of people angry :lol:

Yeah the jokes didn't really start flying until he sat out the following season despite being cleared. People called him "soft" or "quitting on his team".

Rondo and Mcgee are decent signings though. Stephenson an ok bench guy. Not the meme team fault they didnt also get shooters along with them

Gordon Hayward absolutely wasn’t overhyped.

Convenient he damn near broke his leg in two, and hasn’t recovered... so you can get your “he never really was that good” takes off.

I was saying the same thing back then though. He got a lot of praise off one season.

It’s from the barbershop types. You know “what it is” :lol:. White Wing....they think he was “overhyped” in Utah. I see the vibes.

I thought so..just wanted confirmation. I don't think it's Hayward's fault for the C's struggles but he is clearly not 100%. The thing is would you rather bank on a 28 year old still recovering from a serious injury. Or give those minutes and shot attempts to younger players who as of right now in his current state are better than him in Tatum and Brown, who have a higher ceiling than him in the long term as well?

Yeah the jokes didn't really start flying until he sat out the following season despite being cleared. People called him "soft" or "quitting on his team".

I called him a mental ****** :rofl: :smh: But again...I think this dude’s excuse was “I donmt wanna be all sore at meetings or my son’s graduation.” He didn't do himself any favore :lol:

If you haven't noticed by now...the Hayward takes on here are rooted in something else.

I have never in my life seen a player catch flack for getting injured until now...and it has nothing to do with basketball unfortunately.

Ehhhh. I get what you’re saying, but I can’t fully get down.

He plays for the Celtics, who a lot of people hate (especially on here because of the whole Laker fans vs Celtic fans thing).

He is getting paid a lot of money which shines a big spotlight on you.

People want the Celtics to fail (as a Laker fan I like this :lol:) which is why Hayward gets slandered extra hard.

Despite his improved play in the past few weeks and his warming to his reserve role, Jaylen Brown said he’s unhappy with the Celtics losing, saying that he and his teammates have to try to fix the “toxic” environment.

“To be honest, I’m not feeling good at all,” Brown said. “The losing, it’s not a good feeling. I’m not too good about that.

“Because right now it’s not good. It’s toxic. I can’t really point out one thing. I don’t have all the answers. I’m just going to try to be part of the change. I’m going to try to do my best. That’s all I’ve got to say.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...-fan-losing/0UXjFg8dTymrdQ0ovh05AN/story.html

I thought so..just wanted confirmation. I don't think it's Hayward's fault for the C's struggles but he is clearly not 100%. The thing is would you rather bank on a 28 year old still recovering from a serious injury. Or give those minutes and shot attempts to younger players who as of right now in his current state are better than him in Tatum and Brown, who have a higher ceiling than him in the long term as well?

There'd be an argument for this if Brown and Tatum were producing at a level in the current rotation...that suggests they'd be better with more minutes. Is more minutes going to make Tatum stop trying to be 06 Kobe by hoisting contested long twos? Are they going to make Jaylen Brown less selfish and not shoot every time he touches it?

Tatum is 2nd on the team in minutes at 31...Brown plays the same as Hayward at 26. Exactly how much time is he "taking" from them? Especially Brown considering they usually share the floor together.

There'd be an argument for this if Brown and Tatum were producing at a level in the current rotation...that suggests they'd be better with more minutes. Is more minutes going to make Tatum stop trying to be 06 Kobe by hoisting contested long twos? Are they going to make Jaylen Brown less selfish and not shoot every time he touches it?

Tatum is 2nd on the team in minutes at 31...Brown plays the same as Hayward at 26. Exactly how much time is he "taking" from them? Especially Brown considering they usually share the floor together.

And Hayward is doing way more playmaking than the two.

I'll give you Rose. His injuries also became a joke for some reason. The rest of your examples are comical. Nobody slandered Paul George when he came back. He came back earlier than expected...played the last week of the season and came back the next year back to normal. I dare you to pull one receipt of Paul George slander when he came back. Wall always came back from injury looking like himself. As a matter of fact...his first season after a season ending injury...he made the playoffs for the 1st time. Kobe was at the end of his career and sustained his injury at the end of his season. He never missed a season...which I specifically asked you to provide examples. Please stop it.

Am I acting like Hayward is getting "major" blame or is that how your magical brain is interpreting this conversation? I didn't even MENTION the Celtics and how he factors into their current season. I'm simply speaking SPECIFICALLY to the crowd that's posting Hayward stats and talking about his contract without context. As if he's averaging 10 points simply because he's averaging 10 points.

Shaun Livingston missed 2 entire seasons and had to fight his way back as a journeyman. He certainly didn't "look good right after".

Fam the Whole reason people even started this Black Gordon Hayward narrative in here... was because PG didn't look like the same player he was before injury, at the time he was looking like he lost a step & people were going on to say Hayward was better than him.

Wall Played 41 games last season, used this summer to get back into shape....... and people were 100% slandering him this season. Kobe played 6 games the season after his achilles injury & 33 the following year.... but that's supposed to make some grand difference.

Chandler Parsons entire career is a joke on this website and all he does is get hurt.... Stop acting like this is specific to Hayward, players consistently get slandered on this site after coming back from injury.

So, I guess this Celtics season is a good illustration that managing ego/personalities and getting a lot of talented players to sacrifice for the greater good really is a coaching skill that shouldn’t be underestimated...

Not that I’m blaming Brad totally, but he gets a share...
The Phil Jackson skill...N Calapari be doing the same thing on the college level, wonder if he would give the league another shot with what he knows now

Any sub 6 footers with potential out there?

With IT getting washed Jj barea getting hurt it seems like there is no starting calibers one. I think there’s less than 5 in the league now.

Frank Mason
IT
Fred V he seems like hes 6’ tho

Fam the Whole reason people even started this Black Gordon Hayward narrative in here... was because PG didn't look like the same player he was before injury, at the time he was looking like he lost a step & people were going on to say Hayward was better than him.

Damn, this is actually true :lol:
I, for one, was never part of this. Never thought he was as good as PG.

But also, I think it kinda started because they were the same, height, weight, age, position, and were drafted near each other. I think that was the firet time he was called WPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom