**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What part of "plans to work with the Jazz to make their communities 'more inclusive" did you not understand?

He's taking this incident as an opportunity to TRY to spark some change.

It's not going to work in that city because how pervasive ignorance and hate are in that city. But to be disappointed in him and to be completely unfamiliar with his personal experience in Utah makes absolutely no sense. There's nothing to be disappointed about because you don't know what's been going on in his day to day.
if you werent so rude..your insight would be that much more reciprocated

I must say kind of disappointed in him, I'm sure he has heard stuff since being in Utah. However the fact he hasn't tried to do anything to make it better, perhaps go to the owner and let him know.

You mean to tell me his family hasn't come to a game or his friends haven't heard anything and let him know.
Are you saying he has heard stuff, with his own two ears?

or

Are you saying he has heard OF things said to players? (Second Hand Accounts)

I don't think it is fair to assume he has heard anything and make judgement from that assumption.

Sure, I would also assume the same but I am also not making a judgement based on that assumption.

However why didn't you do something before? Many players have said that the fans in Utah cross the line, but because it has never happened to him then all the other players who said it were lying?

Do you not understand that it's not up to you to decide when people want to take a stand?

He's also only been in the league for a relatively brief period of time. He was getting acclimated to his surroundings. Maybe he woke up yesterday and was like "today is the day I'm gonna do something."

Like I said, no reason to be disappointed in him for moving on HIS TIME.

Your schedule is irrelevant as it pertains to Donavan Mitchell. You literally don't have a say so. He gets to decide.

damn dude a few hours ago this comment would have gotten the “you must be white” treatment. But i took the hit for you
Thanks for taking the hit.

or

I don't think it is fair to assume he has heard anything and make judgement from that assumption.

Sure, I would also assume the same but I am also not making a judgement based on that assumption.
I am going to say both, with alcohol and friends around even the most secretive racist will slip up and show you how they really are. Also their have been tons of second hand accounts regarding the fans in Utah, did he really think all those former and current players were making it up.

He wants to make his communities more inclusive fine, however what stopped him from acting sooner?

or

I know some of the jazz fans are blatantly racist..so as a black man..knowing your being drafted to the jazz..the thought of racism in that city is definitley an immediate thought. Dont lie..doesnt matter if he heard it himself or second hand. I agree you cant just go somewhere and start making demads he did have to get acclimated...hopefully he can make the community better

Do you not understand that it's not up to you to decide when people want to take a stand?

He's also only been in the league for a relatively brief period of time. He was getting acclimated to his surroundings. Maybe he woke up yesterday and was like "today is the day I'm gonna do something."

Your schedule is irrelevant as it pertains to Donavan Mitchell. You literally don't have a say so. He gets to decide.
Hmmm he has the right to choose when he wants to take a stand. Yet some how I don't have the right to be disappointed in him moving on HIS TIME. Ok. Guys really trying to tell me I can't be disappointed at something.

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 5.58.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 5.59.29 AM.png

:rofl:

Look who found a friend!

He wants to make his communities more inclusive fine, however what stopped him from acting sooner?

9CDF45C6-4800-428A-A92C-219791CD27C0.png

2nd year player finally has the cache to make a change. I applaud him. It’s not an attack on Derrick Favors but he’s been there 9 years. Thabo almost lost his leg to some bad cops, he could speak up, too. Maybe they aren’t comfortable but he face of the franchise is. At 22 years old

NT gotta be better man.

Hmmm he has the right to choose when he wants to take a stand. Yet some how I don't have the right to be disappointed in him moving on HIS TIME. Ok. Guys really trying to tell me I can't be disappointed at something.

You certainly have the right, it just makes no sense that you don't want to acknowledge his autonomy over his own life, YET YOU WANT YOURS ACKNOWLEDGED.

Like others have said, he is a 2nd year player. He probably wanted to feel comfortable and established before he went to the higher-ups making demands.

Again, salute to that young brother. Some of you dudes live in communities with racist neighbors and haven't done anything to change a single thing, so again salute that man.

9CDF45C6-4800-428A-A92C-219791CD27C0.png

2nd year player finally has the cache to make a change. I applaud him. It’s not an attack on Derrick Favors but he’s been there 9 years. Thabo almost lost his leg to some bad cops, he could speak up, too. Maybe they aren’t comfortable but he face of the franchise is. At 22 years old

NT gotta be better man.
So he wasn't the face of the franchise last year when he was in the ROY conversation. Now basically at the tail end of his second season he wants to try and make a change. Got it.
You certainly have the right, it just makes no sense that you don't want to acknowledge his autonomy over his own life, YET YOU WANT YOURS ACKNOWLEDGED.
Being disappointed in him invalidates his autonomy?

Being that dude is only 22, he should be applauded for even being concerned this young.

So he wasn't the face of the franchise last year when he was in the ROY conversation. Now basically at the tail end of his second season he wants to try and make a change. Got it.

I was going back n forth with you like you had the capacity to understand a lucid point being made.

You clearly don't.

And you were calling me a dumb***? :rofl:

Good day.

Its not worth it man. These dudes are so far up their own behinds. They have all the answers

Being that dude is only 22, he should be applauded for even being concerned this young.
Man, we get so old I forget how young these dudes are. Damn 22 is so young. You are right, how many 22 years olds are telling million-dollar corporations that they need to change their culture.

Tell me when the 'right time' to try to make a difference is
When it first happens, if not then the person or persons will keep pushing the line every time. Neighbor, coworker, whoever, says something out of line I am not letting it slide. I'm not saying be violent but check them right then and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom