**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knicks should sign Randle, he's young enough to go with the timeline of the rest of their young guys and tank again for LaMelo. I don't know if hoarding cap space is the right move especially if Brooklyn is going to pull off what most expect them to do now.

There's definitely a couple Knick jokes that can be sprinkled in here

13_Chris_Paul_fake_laugh.jpg

I’m all the way good on Randle.

Did I miss all the hype around him last season. Feels like his name just started getting thrown around as one of the big grabs, but I don’t know.

Rather just wait it out and let the young players grow maybe just adding one or two vets on short deals.

They really should just keep that team together and try to add a piece that compliments what that team does.

If KD weren't injured, and signing Kyrie guarantees that then I'd approve...but they're breaking up a young promising team for some shaking foundation.

Promising as in what really tho? a perennial first round Exit? (if your talking about the Nets).

This is their best chance to actually go for something w/o having to get rid of the majority of their young guys. Brooklyn had a decent year & they have some very nice young guys who can develop into good players but outside of D'Lo who else on that roster is even a All Star. The gamble on KD/Kyrie is worth it.

Best Case scenario, KD comes back and is still a top 10 player in the league the rest of the duration of his contract, Kyrie keeps the level of play he had in Boston minus the chemistry issues & one of their young guys takes that step from above average starter to AS caliber.

Worst case scenario KD is just average (by his standards), some young pieces are traded to win now & they are a perrenial second round team for the next 3-4 seasons.

It ain't like BKN is giving up a OKC like young core to try & get KD/Kyrie.

Here's the thing with the Knicks and hoarding cap space... Who exactly are they waiting on now? last summer & this summer were where the Franchise changing players were available (clearly injuries to KD,Klay & Boogie didn't help)

over the next two summers those franchise guys aren't hitting FA.... so why not sign a young guy like Randle/D'lo who have both already proven to be pretty effective while young & still be able to grow with the other young players & improve. It's not like the young guys on the Knicks have looked like future AS's so far... they could use some more talented young guys.

Knicks should sign Randle, he's young enough to go with the timeline of the rest of their young guys and tank again for LaMelo. I don't know if hoarding cap space is the right move especially if Brooklyn is going to pull off what most expect them to do now.

Tanking shouldn't be the move anymore. The lottery odds are different. I mean the two out of the top three lottery winners weren't tanking.

Crazy to see the contracts from the 2016 contracts line up like that, on a list for the 2020 free agents :lol:

And great convo. 24:40 mark :nerd: :rolleyes

I’m all the way good on Randle.

Did I miss all the hype around him last season. Feels like his name just started getting thrown around as one of the big grabs, but I don’t know.

Rather just wait it out and let the young players grow maybe just adding one or two vets on short deals.

Nah Randle is pretty solid. I’d take him on the “cheap”

• Kawhi ain’t going anywhereKemba ain’t turning down that payday
  • Durant is damaged
  • Jimmy ain’t the answer by himself
  • Neither is Tobias
  • Kyrie just quit on on team with a better young core
Let’s find a way to make fun jokes about the Knicks tho

• The Knicks are the worst team in the league and no one wants to take their money

I don't think the Knicks could have foreseen this turn of events for them. It'll be interesting to see if they make a panic move this offseason to get somebody like Kemba. 2021 is the next free agency class that's loaded but seemingly if KD and Kyrie don't wanna take their money, who will?

Promising as in what really tho? a perennial first round Exit? (if your talking about the Nets).

This is their best chance to actually go for something w/o having to get rid of the majority of their young guys. Brooklyn had a decent year & they have some very nice young guys who can develop into good players but outside of D'Lo who else on that roster is even a All Star. The gamble on KD/Kyrie is worth it.

Best Case scenario, KD comes back and is still a top 10 player in the league the rest of the duration of his contract, Kyrie keeps the level of play he had in Boston minus the chemistry issues & one of their young guys takes that step from above average starter to AS caliber.

Worst case scenario KD is just average (by his standards), some young pieces are traded to win now & they are a perrenial second round team for the next 3-4 seasons.

It ain't like BKN is giving up a OKC like young core to try & get KD/Kyrie.

I don't completely disagree, I just really don't see Kyrie changing his demeanor (especially stepping into a lockerroom who probably idn't completely happy about replacing DLo with Kyrie after he led them last year)...and I really don't see KD returning to form...and even if he does, after a year + or him rehabbing, how long does it take for KD/Kyrie and the rest of the roster to adjust to adding him to things?

It's a risk, but you have to take risks to win. This isn't a risk I'd take, though.

Here's the thing with the Knicks and hoarding cap space... Who exactly are they waiting on now? last summer & this summer were where the Franchise changing players were available (clearly injuries to KD,Klay & Boogie didn't help)

over the next two summers those franchise guys aren't hitting FA.... so why not sign a young guy like Randle/D'lo who have both already proven to be pretty effective while young & still be able to grow with the other young players & improve. It's not like the young guys on the Knicks have looked like future AS's so far... they could use some more talented young guys.
I don't see it as hoarding. Why would we sign some second tier role player when we don't even know the roles we'll have to fill down the line? To me it makes more sense to see what you got with a lot of these young players, then add players that compliment that rather than adding a Jimmy Butler and stunting the growth of some of the perimeter players who have some potential.

The Knicks 'striking out' on KD and Kyrie and signing Julius Randle and Tobias Harris and hoping they gel with the rest of the roster would be peak Knicks. I'm cool.

Atlanta hype is out of control. Can't wait until that team does nothing

Smells just like the Tatum is a superstar talk from a couple years ago and Brown is untouchable

Idk who you see hyping the Hawks like that. But Trae and Collins are All-Star level talent and as long as Huerter, Hunter, Reddish and Fernando turn into solid players they should be a playoff team within two years. Lloyd Pierce is also a good *** coach and their front office seems to know what it’s doing.

Just realized....... Jimmer Fridette got work before Melo.

Melo should play in the summer league. His ego won’t allow it though

Just because there aren’t big names to wait on as far as we know now, doesn’t mean we should overpay for sub all-star talent (Randle). Rather just be patient. Russell would be a good signing though.

The Hawks have a good base to build on. I don't think I've seen anyone go too far beyond that at this point.

They're going to need Trae and Collins to make a jump. They're going to have to probably get another star there through trade or FA.

But the core is there. And it's nice.
The knicks have been stacking cap space and striking out on free agents for a million years now lol. For whatever reason, free agents don't come to NY. They got to learn how to draft
Free agents generally don't walk into situations where they're entering at the ground floor.

The Knicks barely even have a foundation at this point. They've burned relationships with the last two stars they had that could actually BE that foundation. Mecca of mediocrity. I actually wanted KD and Kyrie to go there - but even if they had and KD were healthy, they would've been a couple years away from actual contention at best just because of how rough the rest of the roster is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom