**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all LA Dudes have no shame.
6D4F76BB-7561-4083-997C-B8AAD9EB4C78.gif

Regarding the Pelicans signing Horford and being playoff contenders: people are getting wayyyyyy ahead of themselves. Was Durant ready to lead a winner in his rookie year? Was Lebron? Well then Zion won’t be able to. Even for the best it takes 2-3 years. It’s not a smart move to sign an old vet who’s best years are only the next 2.
If they sign Horford, they'll probably be one of the better defensive teams in the league right off the jump. Jrue is an all-star caliber guard in his prime. Ingram has promise. Lonzo sucks, but at least you don't have to rely on him for much other than defense. They need some more shooting off the bench. This is certainly a FAR better situation than either KD or Bron came into as rookies though.

If Zion can effect the game from the jump, the team will be competitive and should have a shot at making the playoffs.

Um yea...except Zion’s supporting cast would be vastly superior than either KD or Lebron...

If they sign Horford, they'll probably be one of the better defensive teams in the league right off the jump. Jrue is an all-star caliber guard in his prime. Ingram has promise. Lonzo sucks, but at least you don't have to rely on him for much other than defense. They need some more shooting off the bench. This is certainly a FAR better situation than either KD or Bron came into as rookies though.

If Zion can effect the game from the jump, the team will be competitive and should have a shot at making the playoffs.
I'm sure they'll have a shot at making the playoffs if they sign Horford, a good shot. I'm just not sure how that benefits Zion and the team's development for the next 5 years. I don't especially believe in the principle of "playoff reps" for a rookie versus taking time to build the team around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom