Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

If we win the lottery and get Zion everything will fall into place.

We get Zion top tier players will come.

I'm hoping we get him.

Only top players in the league that you can build your team up on is:

LeBron
KD
Greek
Kawahi
Zion

Those 5 right there is the top that you use to build your team up with. Everyone else falls behind them.

Kyrie
Steph
Clay
Etc... are top guys too but I wouldn't choose them to build my team around.

GSW has a good thing and it works for them but even without KD they are still the top team because of what they built and it works for them.

If we get Zion, then we getting KD and then definitely another big star like a Kyrie.

I rather build around KD than that BAN Porzingis any day.

Don’t forget that Phil drafted Frank

Phil jacked up the franchise. Hate that dude. He extended Melo when he was willing to go to the Bulls. Made KP hate the franchise with his nonsense antics, which lead to his exit. Then drafted Frank to finish his garbage puzzle

:smh:

I must be the only one in here with no confidence we will land a big FA

Nah I’m in the same boat. Knicks are taking a huge gamble with this move. Gotta see how things shake out in the lottery...and ain’t no telling how that will go. Also if you’re a KD or Kyrie, or any other elite player, what about NY is appealing besides the bag? Even with two max players, I don’t think there’d be enough pieces to be competitive. This move could potentially pay off, but there’s a lot of “ifs” involved. TBD I guess.

Nah I’m in the same boat. Knicks are taking a huge gamble with this move. Gotta see how things shake out in the lottery...and ain’t no telling how that will go. Also if you’re a KD or Kyrie, or any other elite player, what about NY is appealing besides the bag? Even with two max players, I don’t think there’d be enough pieces to be competitive. This move could potentially pay off, but there’s a lot of “ifs” involved. TBD I guess.

Tell me the last time we have taken a gamble that paid off. The only time I can think of in the last decade I felt like we were heading in a good direction was the first half of the 2010 season with Amare when everyone was clicking and playing well. Besides that, maybe the one season with Melo where we had all veterans and made it out the first round in the playoffs???

Tell me the last time we have taken a gamble that paid off. The only time I can think of in the last decade I felt like we were heading in a good direction was the first half of the 2010 season with Amare when everyone was clicking and playing well. Besides that, maybe the one season with Melo where we had all veterans and made it out the first round in the playoffs???

Fam, I’m agreeing with you lol. It’s risky. And with the Knicks’ luck, we’ll likely end up with the worst record and still not get the #1 pick. I hope I’m wrong though.

Couldn't come in here last night when I was so emotional...

Still not sure how I feel about the trade. KP is a ***** and we knew he was sensitive, but I didn't expect him to go like this.

SURELY we have to of been given some assurance from Rich K that KD is coming otherwise it is potentially one of the worst gambles in NBA history.

Couldn't come in here last night when I was so emotional...

Still not sure how I feel about the trade. KP is a ***** and we knew he was sensitive, but I didn't expect him to go like this.

SURELY we have to of been given some assurance from Rich K that KD is coming otherwise it is potentially one of the worst gambles in NBA history.

Giving KP a max deal would’ve been a pretty big gamble too

Giving KP a max deal would’ve been a pretty big gamble too

Yeah that's the other thing, Giving a 7'3 guy with injury issues a max could of been a disaster to. When big men start getting injuries pile up they generally start to go downhill, Just look at Dwight, Yao etc.

Knowing our luck though, KP will come back and become a 7 time All-Star :smh:

Knowing our luck (if you call it that) we’ll get just Kyrie and he’ll play great for a bit before having a serious injury.

I mean I get that players don't wanna waste years of their career struggling just to struggle but in his case he hasn't even really had a test run at being competitive as the #1 option. Nothing really materialized as of yet. If these complaints came in year 5 onward and we were still in perpetual trash mode I would get it.

If he doesn't want to be here though, moving him as fast as possible is the best decision. In retrospect the return isn't bad at all. Lots of cap space, we got rid of the bad contract. The execution is what's going to really matter though.

I love this trade

We’ve seen so many times players basically tell teams they’re not staying and teams try to convince them to stay and then they get nothing for them. He said he wanted out, get rid of him. Got something for him and I’m cool with it.

Back
Top Bottom