Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

I don't buy the Kanter comments but doesn't Fizdale have a track record of not getting along with players?

Kanter says he “knows the answer’’ to the question of why Porzingis, who was traded Thursday to Dallas, was disgruntled with the organization and wouldn’t commit long-term.

The Knicks center, also on the trade block, revealed he had a summit with Porzingis at halftime of the game against the Thunder on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

While Kanter said he couldn’t reveal any secrets, he gave away hints, admitting four years of losing got to Porzingis and the Latvian also didn’t like the Turkish center’s treatment by coach David Fizdale.

“He was frustrated for me, too,’’ Kanter said. “He was frustrated at how I was getting treated. He actually wanted to go to lunch with me but the trade happened. He was so frustrated because I was so frustrated. He was texting me a lot to stay strong.’’

Kanter wants out, too. He and Porzingis seem to share similar views that tanking isn’t the way to build a winning culture. Porzingis spent four seasons without even being in a playoff race.

“Of course it will affect a player, for sure,’’ Kanter said. “But every time I was out there I want to win. I don’t care where we are. You want to look at [a young player], send him to the G-League. This isn’t the place to look. He was getting frustrated and he was seeing all the losses.’’

“I’m giving up my minutes so my young guys can get better,’’ Kanter said. “I’m 26 and the guy just came [Jordan] is older than me [30]. I don’t know man. I think it’s a little disrespectful. Only reason I’m not playing is they think I’m old. Now they bring in more old guys. I just feel a little disrespected.’’

This guy is ****ing pathetic

Dude tryna be a martyr on the court too *****

Wow, man. Editing my post and @ing pure evil to join the thread!?! :smh:

tenor.gif

Or certain guys don't like him because they don't like taking orders from someone like "him"

Never heard anyone ***** about Fiz outside of a certain type of player.
It's possible. I wouldn't sign off on the take without knowing more details of what went down, but it is absolutely possible.

Fiz the type of coach to have favorites and let it be known.

That's the vibe I get from him.

In regards to the LAL offer, I think besides Kuz, we can offer a better package.

If he would commit and knowing we have 2 max slots. I dont see why dude wouldnt come or other superstars .

Legit can put together a big three.

Still think Ewing should've been given a chance to be our coach

We continue to do him so wrong :smh:

I would’ve loved to see him rip into Hardaways shot selection like this :lol:

Wonder what trade is going to have the biggest impact on the league. The Knicks trade or LAL going all in for AD

Still think Ewing should've been given a chance to be our coach

We continue to do him so wrong :smh:

I would’ve loved to see him rip into Hardaways shot selection like this :lol:

Ewing coming here would have been career suicide. Once we actually build a squad and have some stability after this trade then I would like him to come.

Yea we woulda ruined Ewing just like we did with Larry Brown, Dantoni, Phil, Isiah to an extent and literally anyone that has had any type of solid reputation prior to their stint here.

Ewing dodged a bullet by not being given a opportunity to coach here.

I would love to see someone go back and find posts defending THJR’s contract, saying we can’t trade KP and Kanter is a good pickup

Back
Top Bottom