OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel like they completely ignore what other teams will do when they come up with these scenarios

LSU is good and I’m rooting for Burrow but I think they’ll drop 2 games or more

LOL. Man, this is incredibly dumb and it won't happen. Especially if Clemson and OSU/Wisky are undefeated.

I’m assuming the 4th team in their scenario would be Clemson. So they leave out Ohio State/Wisconsin? Texas/Oklahoma? Oregon could climb back in, Notre Dame as well (as much as I hate to say it)

Honestly if LSU's only loss is to Bama I could see them getting in as well as long as it's not a blowout.

Honestly if LSU's only loss is to Bama I could see them getting in as well as long as it's not a blowout.

It depends on what the Dawgs do

It depends on a lot of factors and it's too early to tell. It takes a lot for a non-conference common on division winner to make the college football playoff.
In 2016, Ohio State got in as a non-divison winner because Penn State was a two-loss conference champion
In 2017, Alabama got in as a non division winner because Ohio State was a 2-loss team (including 1 embarrassing loss) and Wisconsin lost in the Big 10 title game.

A lot of chaos would have to happen for LSU or Bama to make the college football playoff without winning their division

I’m assuming the 4th team in their scenario would be Clemson. So they leave out Ohio State/Wisconsin? Texas/Oklahoma? Oregon could climb back in, Notre Dame as well (as much as I hate to say it)
Oregon isn’t finishing the season with 1 loss. Neither is LSU.

Wisconsin isn’t going undefeated.

Undefeated SEC champ: Bama or LSU (13-0)
1 loss SEC East Champ Georgia (12-1)
1 loss non division winner LSU or Bama (11-1)

Or

Undefeated SEC champ: Georgia (13-0)
1 loss SEC West Champ LSU or Bama (12-1)
1 loss non division winner LSU or Bama (11-1)

Who makes it and who gets left out?

Haven't seen major matchups, haven't seen the random upsets, and people already going down this road :lol:

Brooooooo :lol: :wow: That helmet
originalyosefhelmet-270x300.png

GPYFBOATNCGKWOY.20131212222552.jpg

I feel like they completely ignore what other teams will do when they come up with these scenarios

LSU is good and I’m rooting for Burrow but I think they’ll drop 2 games or more
Oregon isn’t finishing the season with 1 loss. Neither is LSU.

Wisconsin isn’t going undefeated.

What two regular season games do you see LSU losing? Other than Bama, all their other big games (TAMU, Florida and Auburn) are at home. I see them going 11-1

The one thing that no one is really talking about is how poorly LSU's defense has played so far. They've given up 38 pts to both of the Power 5 teams they've played. Part of it is pace of play with their dynamic offense and part of it is them just not playing well. I think they have some guys banged up though.

The one thing that no one is really talking about is how poorly LSU's defense has played so far. They've given up 38 pts to both of the Power 5 teams they've played. Part of it is pace of play with their dynamic offense and part of it is them just not playing well. I think they have some guys banged up though.
Everyone is talking about it. :lol: I've heard it mentioned on multiple pods this week alone.

Back
Top Bottom