OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone w/ a huge buyout is pretty much off the table

Pass on Scott (If you're gonna get a Clemson OC then Elliot is the one to get), Leach, Mark Stoops, Richt
Campbell ain't coming
Indifferent on Fleck, plus would be surprised if the Admin ok'ed that Hire
Norvell is interesting, but he has his own issues
Clawson is a great coach
Bob Stoops is interesting
Venables is interesting as well but I doubt he comes and I doubt they opt for a coach w/ no HC experience

Last staff was rife with talk of disorganization and **** behind the scenes so I wouldn't think they would go for a guy who doesn't have a proven track record of success in that area at the HC position

Last edited:

ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis fahqu001 fahqu001 Anyone on this list realistic or enticing?

Fleck, Campbell, and Norvell, with Fleck seemingly the the overwhelming favorite. Some concerns on why Arky passed on Norvell; co-ed issue were brought up with him, but not much amplifying information on that.

Some people like the Pirate. M Stoops is received lukewarm at best, B Stoops everyone seems to like, but doesn’t seem too realistic. B. Stoops and Miles get brought up as a stop gap and for Briles to be HCIW. Venables or Scott hasn’t been brought up, but Elliott at Clemson has. Clawson has only been brought up by one or two. Some think he’d be an epic failure in Tally.

Thaxby probably reads a lot more on other sites. I typically only go to one, so that’s my impression above.

Fleck has a $9.5 mil buyout but also has familial ties to the midwest that make it tough to move... His kids are young and the ex wife wont move them from the area... But that just may be a talking piece as to why he wont leave Minnesota

Fleck has a $9.5 mil buyout but also has familial ties to the midwest that make it tough to move... His kids are young and the ex wife wont move them from the area... But that just may be a talking piece as to why he wont leave Minnesota

Where did you see $9.5M? I saw $3/4M

Last staff was rife with talk of disorganization and **** behind the scenes so I wouldn't think they would go for a guy who doesn't have a proven track record of success in that area at the HC position
Kevin Sumlin without the drinking problem. :smh:

Bubba Bolden broken or fractured ankle smh. He was starting to play really well too. This year should count as a RS year, with 3 to play.

Where did you see $9.5M? I saw $3/4M
On a message board I frequent... Just one spot but honestly have no idea what it is just passing on what I saw and what the scuttlebutt was on him when he was at Western Michigan

Has the Georgia window closed?

Felt like this year was their best shot.

Being excited about Stroud is telling. I want Stroud but only because Jake Garcia is garbage and we need the depth

MAKE IT HAPPEN ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis

D712C479-8EF9-4565-B93F-7B25AD664147.gif

Has the Georgia window closed?

Felt like this year was their best shot.

Being excited about Stroud is telling. I want Stroud but only because Jake Garcia is garbage and we need the depth
I guess having a senior Fromm would keep them as a contender? I did think that this was the best shot, especially assuming Fromm left. They're going to lose a few studs on the OL to the draft as well.

He also said it was happening at some point right? I mean we’re in full swing of silly season so i’d take things w/ a grain (or a boulder in some cases) of salt but hey, no harm i’m having fun w/ all the **** coming out

I guess having a senior Fromm would keep them as a contender? I did think that this was the best shot, especially assuming Fromm left. They're going to lose a few studs on the OL to the draft as well.

Only irreplaceable piece leaving from our OL is Andrew Thomas. Our 2nd team OL is still better than most 1st Units.

We're going after CJ because we'll take 2 QB's this cycle depending on what Fromm does. I think if Fromm leaves we'll go the grad-transfer route anyway for next season at QB. All in for Caleb Williams in 2020 as of now.

Back
Top Bottom