OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only irreplaceable piece leaving from our OL is Andrew Thomas. Our 2nd team OL is still better than most 1st Units.

We're going after CJ because we'll take 2 QB's this cycle depending on what Fromm does. I think if Fromm leaves we'll go the grad-transfer route anyway for next season at QB. All in for Caleb Williams in 2020 as of now.
CJ Stroud isn't going to come in as a 2nd QB in a class. He's not a TOP guy in 2020 but he's still good enough to go to some places as the outright guy right now.

How long would Stoops coach for though? I thought the reason he left Oklahoma was worrying about his health. If I remember correctly his father died somewhat young

I’d love to see him coaching again though

maybe the break refreshes him a bit but Stoops seemed to be on the downside at OU.

nako xl nako xl

If it’s PJ expect a year 0 of sorts. One my little bro’s friends knew some guys on his first WMU team and they HATED him.

Lot of Stoops smoke.

Yeah. Kinda torn on whether it’s true though ... some people seem to be doubling down. Won’t believe until he’s at the press conference. Heard “it’s a done deal” too many times, just for nothing to come of it.

Would be surprised if Bob Stoops is actually ready to get back in the annual grind of college football. He's got a pretty cushy job lined up as HC of the Dallas XFL team. Think he had legitimately genuine health concerns that would line up with a much lower stress job.

Would be a great hire for FSU though.

maybe the break refreshes him a bit but Stoops seemed to be on the downside at OU.

nako xl nako xl

If it’s PJ expect a year 0 of sorts. One my little bro’s friends knew some guys on his first WMU team and they HATED him.
PJ definitely strikes me as a guy who will run kids off if the APR allows it

Jerry Kill is on the record that he believes that’s PJ’s MO. Blame all of the people and the kids who were there before him that way nothing that goes bad the first couple of years can be put on him. He’s just cleaning up the alleged mess that was already there.

SkeletalUnconsciousBandicoot-size_restricted.gif

Stoops to FSU has disaster written all over it.

Did I just read that correctly that CU got the #1 recruit in the nation? Damn. Boulder is one of the most beautiful cities you will ever visit and the white women / college girls are phenomenal but, wow. Good for CU.

Did I just read that correctly that CU got the #1 recruit in the nation? Damn. Boulder is one of the most beautiful cities you will ever visit and the white women / college girls are phenomenal but, wow. Good for CU.
They got a transfer from Alabama that was previously the #1 recruit in the nation... So technically, yes. But in actuality they got a guy Nick Saban didn't think was talented enough to deal with. :lol: :lol:

Jerry Kill is on the record that he believes that’s PJ’s MO. Blame all of the people and the kids who were there before him that way nothing that goes bad the first couple of years can be put on him. He’s just cleaning up the alleged mess that was already there.

Definitely a **** move but honestly in the protection of yourself & your job it’s probably the best route to take

If Bob Stoops wanted to scratch that coaching itch, I could see him coming back to a small G5 program with less expectations. But taking on FSU and dealing with Clemson, Florida, and Miami every year is gonna be stressful. Probably not a good move if you're trying to be healthy

College football fans are the ****ing worst.

He’s not a bad coach he’s just not a great coach. He’s been mediocre everywhere he’s gone with a few winning seasons sprinkled in there. His 7-5 year at Oregon was nice but look at the teams they beat and then weren’t even competitive in the games they lost to good teams. An elite program like FSU took a gamble and he clearly was never going to get it done there, he’d be good for a lower level P5 or a good G5 team imo

keep in mind FSU was in the mix for national titles a few short years ago, Nebraska has been cheeks for a long time so I’d say the expectations are a bit different at those programs

Huh. :lol:

Jimbo at 15-1 :lol:

Matt Rhule would be a great hire. Someone's gotta get that guy away from Baylor. Love him.

Huh. :lol:

Jimbo at 15-1 :lol:

Matt Rhule would be a great hire. Someone's gotta get that guy away from Baylor. Love him.

There are those that are scared of an Urban hire (for several USC reasons) that keep suggesting Rhules name to reporters in LA.

It wouldn't be good for recruiting but I actually think Rhule would be the better option long term -- though he has NFL aspirations and could bounce just as quickly as Urban would.

Back
Top Bottom