OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tom Herman’s words were my favorite out of the coaches. Didn’t dance around the topic

he average fan relate? No, they can’t,” Herman said. “There’s a double standard maybe a little bit. We’re going to pack 100,000 people into DKR and millions watch on TV that are predominantly white — not all of them certainly, but most of ’em white. We’re gonna cheer when they score touchdowns, and we’re gonna hug our buddy when they get sacks or an interception.
But we gonna let them date our daughter? Are we going to hire them in a position of power in our company? That’s the question I have for America. You can’t have it both ways.”
A lot of coaches have put out statements but few have used their position to make the general public be more introspective.”

QB talk starts at 23:00 min.

cliffs

• Lawrence isn't this Andrew Luck type prospect the media has made him out to be.
  • UGA is claiming that they gave Fields every opportunity to win the job from Fromm and he let Fromm outwork him.
  • The Trey Lance hype is real. DJ had him as his top guy based on the tape he's watched so far, and it seemed like Bucky would have joined him as well if it wasn't for the level of comp concerns. Bucky compared him to Garoppolo.

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne just watched the 2011 game on ESPN when you guys beat us. Was all that RPO (if you want to call it that) and designed runs for Denard Brady Hokes actual offensive scheme or did they tailor it to fit Denards capabilities? I know Rich Rod wanted to change the whole offense to a spread and you guys had a lot of pro style type players but couldn’t remember with Brady

They tailored it to Denard but only after IIRC trying to force a square peg into a round hole earlier in the season with having him play a lot under center and trying to run Borges' WCO he ran at Auburn and SDSU with Hoke. Hoke was a defensive guy by trade but wanted to run a man ball pro style offense like Michigan ran under Carr.

I might be a bit biased but honestly I think his second stint at SDSU is going to be a disaster. SDSU is at worst a top 10 G5 job, I'm sure there were plenty of quality candidates who would have taken that job.

Last edited:
Tom Herman’s words were my favorite out of the coaches. Didn’t dance around the topic

he average fan relate? No, they can’t,” Herman said. “There’s a double standard maybe a little bit. We’re going to pack 100,000 people into DKR and millions watch on TV that are predominantly white — not all of them certainly, but most of ’em white. We’re gonna cheer when they score touchdowns, and we’re gonna hug our buddy when they get sacks or an interception.
But we gonna let them date our daughter? Are we going to hire them in a position of power in our company? That’s the question I have for America. You can’t have it both ways.”
A lot of coaches have put out statements but few have used their position to make the general public be more introspective.”
That’s that mensah

Last edited:
They tailored it to Denard but only after IIRC trying to force a square peg into a round hole earlier in the season with having him play a lot under center and trying to run Borges' WCO he ran at Auburn and SDSU with Hoke. Hoke was a defensive guy by trade but wanted to run a man ball pro style offense like Michigan ran under Carr.

I might be a bit biased but honestly I think his second stint at SDSU is going to be a disaster. SDSU is at worst a top 10 G5 job, I'm sure there were plenty of quality candidates who would have taken that job.
That admin apparently is pretty meddlesome too.

And yup UM had Denard running a lot of under center stuff that wasn’t working. Was it that year they had him splitting snaps with the backup whose name I forget (was also a black QB but more of a passer.)

Tequila Tom making sense? 2020 truly is a bizarre year

That admin apparently is pretty meddlesome too.

And yup UM had Denard running a lot of under center stuff that wasn’t working. Was it that year they had him splitting snaps with the backup whose name I forget (was also a black QB but more of a passer.)

I want to say it was Devin Gardner?

Woof

I want to say it was Devin Gardner?

Yup him. Whooo Michigan ruined a lot of blue chip QBs careers this decade.

Is there a school that’s had as many back to back busts? How were the glorified RB and the unathletic kid from Iowa the only two who made it to the league?

Twitter starting to go in on that Dabo statement

giphy.gif

Continued, because **** Dabo:

"Dabo Swinney does more for the African-American community than the vast majority of the population."

tenor.gif

The better question is, what has Dabo Swinney done for the black community that also didn't benefit him in some way? Recruiting black players and giving them an opportunity to getting education and pursue their NFL dreams benefits Dabo just as much as it benefits the players (probably more so because this is the why Dabo is making over $7m a year). All with his mission work and community service are good PR to fuel his self-righteous, holier than thou image.

Dabo is a heck of a coach but he personifies the gentile, "pray the problems away", "anything is possible if you work hard, the black community just needs to work harder", passive racism of white conservatives in the south.

My only question is, is Dabo genuinely ignorant or is he sophisticated and just using the "awww shucks" stuff as a cover?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom