OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ABDD3E41-A9B1-45D1-9BE4-35BFF2BEE252.jpeg

3 of the top 5 WR’s in the country

Well then.

Signing with Ohio State?!?!
trash.gif

JSN is a baaaaad dude.

Just went 15/252/5TDs against Allen in a playoff game last week. :lol: :smh:

He's so good.

Did you go to the game? Guy is INSANELY talented.
That one hand TD grab in the 1st set the tone.

I know Eason is struggling and, in hindsight, it would've been better to go after Jackson but Eason was the #1 QB in that class. Let's not play the hindsight game on that one.

The Fields vs. Fromm thing has been talked to death. Fromm was the better last season (finished top 5 in passing efficiency last season). Going with Fromm over Fields was the right move for the 2018 Georgia team. Fields did what he had to do. Good for him.
Man Fields has always been better than Fromm. Can't make the passing efficiency argument when Fields wasn't allowed to throw a forward pass in games.

And in regards to Eason, you're mistaken. I had to double check. Lamar was class of 2015, Eason came out in 2016. Pursuing Jacob Eason should have had no bearing on your taking Lamar as a QB. Your coaches just ****ed up.

I always looked at Eason as just a Max Browne clone, so I already knew what it was. Tall statue white QB with "a big arm," "uncanny leadership qualities," and "deceptive athleticism." From the same league in HS too, no? Eason is buns. I heard somewhere in November he's like 5 TDs, 5 INTs, with a 56% completion rate. Do you know how bad you have to be to come into Washington and be an even worse passer than noodle arm Browning?

Last edited:
Man Fields has always been better than Fromm. Can't make the passing efficiency argument when Fields wasn't allowed to throw a forward pass in games.

And in regards to Eason, you're mistaken. I had to double check. Lamar was class of 2015, Eason came out in 2016. Pursuing Jacob Eason should have had no bearing on your taking Lamar as a QB. Your coaches just ****ed up.

I always looked at Eason as just a Max Browne clone, so I already knew what it was. Tall statue white QB with "a big arm," "uncanny leadership qualities," and "deceptive athleticism." From the same league in HS too, no? Eason is buns. I heard somewhere in November he's like 5 TDs, 5 INTs, with a 56% completion rate. Do you know how bad you have to be to come into Washington and be an even worse passer than noodle arm Browning?
:rofl:
We can agree to disagree on the Fields vs Fromm thing. No need to get testy, dawg.:lol:

And every major P5 school missed on Jackson at QB, that's far from a UGA problem. even Louisville had Jackson fielding punts at first. I just thought it was a funny story.

Mine was serious. It's disgustingly bad. Hadn't realized it.

I'll just do a double answer for you and Bobby Layne Bobby Layne even though I suspect his question was trolling.

Short answer is Clay's been fired twice now: At the end of last season and after a game this season (he was asked to resign and refused and the interim AD was scared to outright fire him before the full time AD was hired.) The fact he's almost been gone twice is not a secret and no parents or HS coaches want to send their kids to play for a lame duck coach until they know what the plan is going forward and who will be succeeding him. Clay has been on the hot seat since game 1 vs. Bama in 2016 and people had been waiting for him to fail and be fired. He kept succeeding despite that until last season when the bottom fell out and 5-7 happened.

Long answer: you'd have to add to that guys like Tee Martin (Asst-HC at the time) who on his way out burned tons of bridges by calling schools and parents and telling them SC is a **** show and they're better off sending their kids anywhere but SC and that Clay is a deadman walking (He's largely responsible for Puka ending up at UW, Jordan Wimore ending up at Utah, and Bru transferring out.) Compound that with Sark and Ed O who know how to negative recruit against a system they helped build and guys like Mario Cristobal, who play dirty, and you have way too much for a middling HC, whose own fan base is flying planes over the stadium, to overcome.

There are kids who will come to SC no matter what, barring a disaster - Gary Bryant and Donovan Green-Warren - and then guys who WANT to come to SC but they want to consistently play for championships and can't trust this staff - Bryce Young, Justin Flowe, Elias Ricks.

:rofl:
We can agree to disagree on the Fields vs Fromm thing. No need to get testy, dawg.:lol:

And every major P5 school missed on Jackson at QB, that's far from a UGA problem. even Louisville had Jackson fielding punts at first. I just thought it was a funny story.
You thought my Justin Fields comment was "testy"?

What thread have you been in?

Really trying to dump on Richt for Lamar Jackson? :lol: Slow news day in here for real.

Like I said everyone missed on Jackson. Any top 25 program would've had him if they promised to let him play QB. Richt did have a lot of QB misses at Georgia though.

Wanted Cam at TE
Wanted Watson at receiver
Wanted Jackson at safety

All while recruiting a white running QB (Logan Gray) who ran the wing T in HS.

Like I said everyone missed on Jackson. Any top 25 program would've had him if they promised to let him play QB. Richt did have a lot of QB misses at Georgia though.

Wanted Cam at TE
Wanted Watson at receiver
Wanted Jackson at safety

All while recruiting a white running QB (Logan Gray) who ran the wing T in HS.

Don’t forget Faton Bauta who was supposed to be UGA’s Tebow :lol:

True. Miami didn't even offer him :emoji_sweat:
Florida slow played him and tried to flip him too late. FSU didn't want him either. They all goofed. But not about to hang it on Mark Richt for not offering an OOS kid who seemingly all of the P5 had questions about playing QB a scholly at QB. Hopefully all of these coaches learn though and the next Lamar isn't being offered at WR, RB and safety.

Back
Top Bottom