OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
did any of you guys hear about this? The refs finally admitting that they screwed up that Jimmy Butler turnover and the fact that he should have been shooting two free throws. That literally changed the game. I don't think it'll have much consequence on the outcome of the series but it was still a major blunder.

standards are pretty low man.
accountability should be more than "yeah, you got us. we messed up (and won't do anything about it)"

after the fact changes absolutely nothing moving forward. i have a huge problem with the refereeing system in the nba. they just keep on going without ever making corrections or demoting some of these refs who often rely more on players and coaches telling them they made a bad call than their own training. nba needs a massive overhaul and re-training of refs.

I really only remember Tayshaun guarding Kobe in the 2004 Finals well. He might've guarded him well post-2004, I just don't recall because the Piston faded to Bolivia a few years later.

But Tony made Kobe work for his points from ~2010 until he retired.

Edit:

Thabo was really good defending Kobe too.

Shane Battier did a great job on him but usually Kobe adjusted. Shane rarely fouled and never went for the block. He knew he couldn't, so he always contested with the hand in the face. To the point where I thought he would poke him in the eye here and there.

They had a nice little respectful rivalry over the years.

1599586624848.gif

Shane Battier did a great job on him but usually Kobe adjusted. Shane rarely fouled and never went for the block. He knew he couldn't, so he always contested with the hand in the face. To the point where I thought he would poke him in the eye here and there.

They had a nice little respectful rivalry over the years.
Kobe used to torch Battier when he was younger in Memphis.

But Battier definitely got wiser and made Kobe work for his points in Houston.

I didn't even know there was Lakers Rockets beef until this series started. This is all new to me. I didn't really ever check for the rockets like that. I feel like these rockets fans are letting out years of frustration

I didn't even know there was Lakers Rockets beef until this series started. This is all new to me. I didn't really ever check for the rockets like that. I feel like these rockets fans are letting out years of frustration
Lakers fans have started rivalries/bickering based of draft lotteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom