OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't talk about the Lakers any more than you or your little buddies talk about the Clippers, or Celtics, or rockets.
Well, when we're playing them. I've already proven your myth wrong about us talking about them constantly. You ignored it, and that was the end of that conversation. You never responded back when I mentioned that in all the years of the Laker thread, thousands of posts, there were like a couple dozen mentions of those teams. But you talk about us like breathing.

Also, Celtics & Clippers are rivals. Does it also bother you that they talk about Lakers? Of course not. Because… hatred, vitriol. 🤙

Accuracy be damned.

-foe

Russ is coming off probably his worse playoff game ever, he's heard all the talk.... he's putting up at least 25 shots tonight...
giphy.gif

I wish we could skip bucks-heat and just go straight to the main event tonight :lol:
Game is practically guaranteed to be hilarious :lol: Thread gonna be in shambles :pimp:

I'm like why would wavycrocket wavycrocket think the Rockets are gonna limit him. :lol:

From the day they traded for Russ we knew how this would go. They gonna live and die with him and Harden doing what they've always done. Nothing is changing.

Watching Dantoni not pull him in the late 3rd was discouraging. I think he thought Russ would recklessly foul out. But he didnt. His hand may be forced. But “limit” does not mean don’t shoot/don’t be aggressive when he’s in.

Either or...Russ doesn’t have to be great for the Rockets to compete. He just doesn’t need to KILL his team. I expect him to be better. If so, Rockets in 6.

The turn from a player being underrated to overrated is super fast. Trez went from a nice underdog story to an overrated guy you don't watch super quick. A lot of this has to do with pay though. He's a nice piece but I wouldn't want to pay $25m/year

i feel it.

but also harrison barnes got $23mil after being the 4th or 5th best player for the warriors and going 0-8 multiple times in the finals. one of the greatest robberies i've witnessed. trez gonna get paid

What does ALA stand for again? And who are the current members?

Asking for a friend.

Also, what started all these "haters come together" threads in S&T?

Again, asking for a friend.

That's wassup but we know for a fact the Lakers have a long history of being hated by different fan bases because of their past championships.
This in my experience is not why. As it relates to basketball fandom, Lakers fans are the most annoying fanbase and generally uneducated when it comes to basketball (which is a product of scale, the biggest fanbase would likely be the most uneducated being that the casual fan doesn't know anything). The idea of rubbing titles that you weren't even alive or of age to comprehend basketball isn't the wave either.

But that's just my experience. Sports fans make people hate sports teams.

Also in more narrative over facts news

The Horrid bench & supporting cast of the Lakers is the 4th highest scoring bench of the playoffs thus far along with the 6th highest points per possession.

i don't know if these talking heads are serious about their takes or if they just wanna set the table for the eventual "Lebron carried this team" narrative which will eventually come if we win the chip.

when it's "the rockets have statistically the best defense in the bubble" it's a bunch of laughing emojis, MDA this and that, and posts about Dort, but y'all wanna use the same stats to big up the lakers bench after playing a bottom 5 defense in the league? oochie wally/one mic.

y'all complaining about ESPN talking heads and narratives damn well knowing it's an entertainment platform for one, and they have to keep people engaged by saying the underdog could win if XYZ. all the while, the same espn writers:

EhFZbDWXsAAA_-k

Watching Dantoni not pull him in the late 3rd was discouraging. I think he thought Russ would recklessly foul out. But he didnt. His hand may be forced. But “limit” does not mean don’t shoot/don’t be aggressive when he’s in.

Either or...Russ doesn’t have to be great for the Rockets to compete. He just doesn’t need to KILL his team. I expect him to be better. If so, Rockets in 6.

Well he's never been great in the playoffs. You and a couple others always told us he kills his teams but now you expect him to be better?

:emoji_thinking:

Bro they have a whole lame *** breakfast club that's been running for a decade now and they wanna cry about Laker fans 'hating' on other fanbases. THEY hate us cause they ain't us. We have the most prestigious franchise in the history of the game.

“Us”

you know there isn’t some application process to be a fan right? No membership exclusives. You can be a fan from your bodega in NY or even in Seat Pleasant MD. Or even Houston, Dallas or somewhere in NC all because Bron is there.

it’s not that special

“Us”

you know there isn’t some application process to be a fan right? No membership exclusives. You can be a fan from your bodega in NY or even in Seat Pleasant MD. Or even Houston, Dallas or somewhere in NC all because Bron is there.

it’s not that special

:lol:

We know that since you a die hard Rockets, Mavs, GSW, Bucks, etc fan.

Bro they have a whole lame *** breakfast club that's been running for a decade now and they wanna cry about Laker fans 'hating' on other fanbases. THEY hate us cause they ain't us. We have the most prestigious franchise in the history of the game.
See, this sounds insane.

Well he's never been great in the playoffs. You and a couple others always told us he kills his teams but now you expect him to be better?

:emoji_thinking:

He’s been great as a #2 option in moments a decent amount of times :lol:. Pointing out Russ’ flaws...and when it goes really bad...does not take away from his talent, ability or what he’s done.

I’ve seen him flip games and series in his career, for his team. He’s again in the #2 option role. But he simply needs to play better. Doesn’t mean have to be all world. Just better than whatever the hell game 2 was. That’s UNPLAYABLE. He’s not that.

He’s been great as a #2 option in moments a decent amount of times :lol:. Pointing out Russ’ flaws...and when it goes really bad...does not take away from his talent, ability or what he’s done.

I’ve seen him flip games and series in his career, for his team. He’s again in the #2 option role. But he simply needs to play better. Doesn’t mean have to be all world. Just better than whatever the hell game 2 was. That’s UNPLAYABLE. He’s not that.
If he wasn't playing the Lakers you'd never be going to bat for him :lol:. It's cool, I'm a huge Jokic fan these days

when it's "the rockets have statistically the best defense in the bubble" it's a bunch of laughing emojis, MDA this and that, and posts about Dort, but y'all wanna use the same stats to big up the lakers bench after playing a bottom 5 defense in the league? oochie wally/one mic.

y'all complaining about ESPN talking heads and narratives damn well knowing it's an entertainment platform for one, and they have to keep people engaged by saying the underdog could win if XYZ. all the while, the same espn writers:

EhFZbDWXsAAA_-k

Ya'll have got to stop taking something said by one poster & applying it to all Laker fans, why would i laugh or even care about the Rockets defensive rating in the bubble when they've been relatively good all year.

also a big percentage of that list aren't the people on air constantly spreading these BS narratives

Is that really an outrageous statement? We have 16 championships, More Hall of famers than we can count, second highest all-time winning percentage and the biggest brand in the sport.
Tell me what the fallout from WW2 and the Vietnam War was like since you're claiming things going back to that period.

If you don't get outta here wavy. :lol: :lol:

"Us" :lol:

You're from Alabama. You decided to become a fan of the Lakers, Yankees, Gators, and Colts when each team was the best in their sport. You were Drake before Drake. Doesn't mean you actually accomplished anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom