OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost took a job in San Antonio in 2014 making less money and prob would have set my career back a good amount of years BECAUSE of the Spurs. My irrational fandom is way up there. I was applying to Jobs in TX just cause the squad is there.

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 4.36.16 PM.png

You made the right choice. San Antonio terrible and by far the worst “big” Texas city

:lol:

Dawg Russ has ALWAYS been a trainwreck. What the hell are ya'll talking about?

Ima a big Russ fan and I literally been calling him that for years but now y'all are "well if he just takes better shots and not be outta control....". What he's done his entire career.

So if he becomes a totally different player in 2 hours it's rockets in 6. :lol:

I think our disagreement stems from what "trainwreck" means or how it's being used. I can't speak for wavycrocket wavycrocket , but I'm not asking Russ to turn into a completely different player. he's going to shoot poorly. he's a poor shooter. but he can still impact the game being a poor shooter.

in game 1 he was 10-24, 24 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 turnovers. that's poor shooting, but the rockets were +15 when russ was on the floor. he was aggressive, created open shots, and his energy permeated to everyone else. rockets win by 15

in game 2, he was 4-15, 10 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists, 7 turnovers. he shot poorly AND he was an active detriment. he was indecisive, passive, and shot bad shots for even Russ standards. it was so bad that we were better if he just didn't even play. that's pure trainwreck. despite that, rockets overcame a 21 point deficit and were up 5 in the 4th. rockets only lose by 8 despite their 2nd star being not just bad, but an active detriment.

Russ is a high variance player so it's not really a surprise he can be so bad, but the rockets can withstand Russ being bad as long as he's not actively hurting the team. Game 1 and 2 are picture perfect examples of that. That doesn't mean I'm picking the rockets to win the series, or say that Russ is somehow going to increase his efficiency tenfold. Nothing more than, if he's not actively bad, the rockets can win the series.

I think our disagreement stems from what "trainwreck" means or how it's being used. I can't speak for wavycrocket wavycrocket , but I'm not asking Russ to turn into a completely different player. he's going to shoot poorly. he's a poor shooter. but he can still impact the game being a poor shooter.

in game 1 he was 10-24, 24 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 turnovers. that's poor shooting, but the rockets were +15 when russ was on the floor. he was aggressive, created open shots, and his energy permeated to everyone else. rockets win by 15

in game 2, he was 4-15, 10 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists, 7 turnovers. he shot poorly AND he was an active detriment. he was indecisive, passive, and shot bad shots for even Russ standards. it was so bad that we were better if he just didn't even play. that's pure trainwreck. despite that, rockets overcame a 21 point deficit and were up 5 in the 4th. rockets only lose by 8 despite their 2nd star being not just bad, but an active detriment.

Russ is a high variance player so it's not really a surprise he can be so bad, but the rockets can withstand Russ being bad as long as he's not actively hurting the team. Game 1 and 2 are picture perfect examples of that. That doesn't mean I'm picking the rockets to win the series, or say that Russ is somehow going to increase his efficiency tenfold. Nothing more than, if he's not actively bad, the rockets can win the series.

That’s exactly what I said :lol:

All I'm saying is Russ being terrible, however you wanna word it is nothing new. How he played in game 2 is what we've seen a lot. We've seen this his whole career. Russ don't just have bad nights. These horrible shooting games and 5+ turnover nights is common for him. Again he shoots 30% from 3 and 41% from the field. So him going ice cold is not a shock.

I almost took a job in San Antonio in 2014 making less money and prob would have set my career back a good amount of years BECAUSE of the Spurs. My irrational fandom is way up there. I was applying to Jobs in TX just cause the squad is there.

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 4.36.16 PM.png

I actually packed up, drove 2600 miles, moved to downtown LA less than a mile away from Staples and been getting big **** poppin on the west coast ever since 2014. Laker games on deck every season even through the darkest period of our franchise history. And y'all got the audacity n the unmitigated gall to question MY loyalty. Some of y'all talk about it, the real Gs be about it.

We watching at ur place tonight? :smile:
I actually packed up, drove 2600 miles, moved to downtown LA less than a mile away from Staples and been getting big **** poppin on the west coast ever since 2014. Laker games on deck every season even through the darkest period of our franchise history. And y'all got the audacity n the unmitigated gall to question MY loyalty. Some of y'all talk about it, the real Gs be about it.

I'm shook, how do you have decade old screenshots from the old layout? You've been waiting for this moment for years. Laying in the cut like sting in the rafters

stingvulture.png

It's from an old frontrunner4life thread. Idk who remembers frontrunner4life from years back but it was one of the funniest accounts. I had to grab it before the layout switch because unfortunately a lot of those old threads didn't survive the move.

All I'm saying is Russ being terrible, however you wanna word it is nothing new. How he played in game 2 is what we've seen a lot. We've seen this his whole career. Russ don't just have bad nights. These horrible shooting games and 5+ turnover nights is common for him. Again he shoots 30% from 3 and 41% from the field. So him going ice cold is not a shock.

your theory: russ is going to shoot poorly and turn the ball over 5+ times. he isn't changing that so the rockets can't win.

game 1: russ shoots 41% from the field, 20% from 3, and 50% from the free throw line and turns the ball over 5+ times, rockets win by 15.

no one is shocked he went ice cold in game 2. no one is shocked that russ was bad.

I'm shocked that literally everything you're saying about his game 2 performance applies to game 1, the rockets won that game by 15, and you're fighting tooth and nail against the simple assertion that "the rockets can win with bad Russ, as long as its not really ******* bad russ" in the face of the fact that they already won game 1 with russ being who he is.

Russ just needs to play like a top 50 (current) NBA player :lol:

Game 1 he did. Game 2 he did not.

your theory: russ is going to shoot poorly and turn the ball over 5+ times. he isn't changing that so the rockets can't win.

game 1: russ shoots 41% from the field, 20% from 3, and 50% from the free throw line and turns the ball over 5+ times, rockets win by 15.

no one is shocked he went ice cold in game 2. no one is shocked that russ was bad.

I'm shocked that literally everything you're saying about his game 2 performance applies to game 1, the rockets won that game by 15, and you're fighting tooth and nail against the simple assertion that "the rockets can win with bad Russ, as long as its not really ****ing bad russ" in the face of the fact that they already won game 1 with russ being who he is.

"****ing bad russ" has shown up a lot in his career.

You got it though, it's just talking in circles now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom