OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
reformeDWS reformeDWS you got Houston winning the series?

I'm not trying to convince anyone of the outcome of this series. I don't think posting a highlight video from a game in february is going to sway anyone's opinion on who wins this series. I think Lakers in 6 is the most likely outcome but disagree with some of the basis people post in here for it. Namely: "harden and westbrook aren't much different than dame/CJ, and the lakers beat them in 5, so lakers should cruise in 6". I think the rockets present different challenges to the lakers offensively and defensively which can be a point of discussion in here.

predicted lakers in 6. I think kuzma/green/kcp/morris/rondo and gordon/tucker/covington/house/rivers can swing either way on any given night, but AD and Bron are a more consistent pair than Russ/Harden are.

I actually packed up, drove 2600 miles, moved to downtown LA less than a mile away from Staples and been getting big **** poppin on the west coast ever since 2014. Laker games on deck every season even through the darkest period of our franchise history. And y'all got the audacity n the unmitigated gall to question MY loyalty. Some of y'all talk about it, the real Gs be about it.
That's what's up man.

I think there's also a difference between "Would I put my money on a team to win" and "could they win". If Russ can be a competent basketball player, I definitely think the Rockets can win this series. I just don't trust him enough to put money on that.

I actually packed up, drove 2600 miles, moved to downtown LA less than a mile away from Staples and been getting big **** poppin on the west coast ever since 2014. Laker games on deck every season even through the darkest period of our franchise history. And y'all got the audacity n the unmitigated gall to question MY loyalty. Some of y'all talk about it, the real Gs be about it.

where did u grow up

Any day now

Concussions & Covid, the real reason the Rockets lost to the Lakers

A thread
See, man? I'm saying, let somebody say that AD or Lebby had some sort of affliction/sickness. This thread would be dominated by certain people saying 'Oh, here we go, excuses are already starting'... while the series is currently going on. 🤣 ESPECIALLY if it were Lebby.

-foe

Aww hell Javele is available tonight.
As far as +/- is concerned, he is a positive player more consistently than some of our other players, including big name players. Just saying.

-foe

"Real Gs", man you moved to LA not Oklahoma City :lol:

Assumptions don't count as 'reading', though. Reading you say 'I'm from LA' and assuming 'Well he must be a Clippers fan', that's not enough for the RIF response to be fitting.

-foe
You assume I hate the Lakers because I have no problems stating the obvious. Like,
The Lakers don't shoot the ball very well
The Lakers have problems at the free throw line or
The Lakers have had issues with teams with good wing players.
All of which are true...and because I say them, most times, more sarcastically than that, doesn't make me a laker hater. Especially when I'm on record saying good things about the Lakers *** well.
Me saying I'm from L.A. is just in addition (related to others posts made regarding ones geographical location in direct relation to which team you support) and had nothing to do with anything you said.
Also, even though it wasn't you specifically, the narrative from some Lakers fans towards the rockets has been "they'll finish with the 6th seed and the Clippers would drop to the 3rd and have to face each other. Insinuating that the rockets would be a prime candidate to upset the Clippers. (Which very well could have been true) but, is also true in this scenario with the rockets/Lakers (which I said would end up happening before the bubble play started) not because the Lakers suck, but because the rockets can beat anybody at anytime...and it wouldn't surprise me personally. Imo
Other Lakers fans, (not you) were borderline offended and chapped at the notion that anyone would even pick the rockets, let alone the rockets actually win.

I point all of this out, and that makes me a Lakers hater? Nah.

I'm no more a Lakers hater than you are a Clippers hater, Or a Celtics hater, or a rockets hater etc etc.

I take my opportunities to get jabs in like everyone else, and I give praise when it's due...

Here's a good example for you...if the Lakers win the title, you won't hear anything but praise from me. Why, because they earned it by going thru Portland, Houston and presumably the Clippers and Boston/Miami.

I'm of strong belief that it won't happen. Somehow, that makes me ALA, only posting about hate for the Lakers, right?

Just like when I keep my critiques on basketball, then one of "y'all" (not you) gets personal, I state very plainly that I'm not with the foolishness, but somehow I'm the "e-thug"?

Your narrative about me being this Lakers hater is just not consistent. It never was...thrice times

As far as +/- is concerned, he is a positive player more consistently than some of our other players, including big name players. Just saying.

-foe

He's completely useless against the Rockets which is all that matters right now. He and Dwert.

props on making the life changing decision to move but let's be honest here: moving to LA =/= San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom