OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
if it took for 2020, for you to learn to appreciate your blackness, jokes on you. You just started loving yourself in 2020? Sad. Ya’ll act like the NBA isn’t predominantly black. We’re supportive of our own by default. I’m a Kawhi fan. I hope the HEAT whoop the Lakers.

I love LeBron off the court. On the court? Enhhh. He b**** and complains to much. Then had the nerve to go on HOME BOX OFFICE and call himself the GOAT....:lol: :lol: :rofl:

If you love Bron off court i'm not sure why you cared to respond but i appreciate the energy :lol:

And the brothers on the Clippers reaching milestones too. They keeping that 'no finals appearances' thing rolling :pimp:

Lol it is not science. Water being wet is simply how you define “wet”. Water may not be wet if you define “wet” as being when a solid is covered by a liquid. There are many other definitions and uses for the word “wet” though...”wet” is even used as a noun in some instances.

Your screen name is freeze...what about ice? If you splash water on ice you are saying it is not wet? Have you ever heard the term “wet steam”? The phase changes of water allow it to be “wet”. Idk bro...seems more like making a general statement as “water isn’t wet” is more remedial. It’s kind of a basic way of defining things.

3D963FC3-2512-41AE-9FFE-48F5B16FD149.gif

Lakers start the 4th with Kuzma & Morris. Jokic doesn’t get a touch :lol:

Dwight comes back in, Jokic gets it on an iso only 3 times in the quarter before garbage time, 2 Dwight fouls & a bucket :lol: Rather than keep tapping this they decided to run those weak *** DHOs.

They didn’t change anything in their late game offense from G4. Good riddance

If you love Bron off court i'm not sure why you cared to respond but i appreciate the energy :lol:

And the brothers on the Clippers reaching milestones too. They keeping that 'no finals appearances' thing rolling :pimp:

Clipper franchise that has NEVER gotten past the 2nd round of the NBA Playoffs :lol:

Sheesh :sick:

Can't think of anyone else ever in sports to start off with as much astronomical hype as he did and manage to fulfill and surpass damn near every expectation.

Dude is different

Who else has that much hype? I’m trying to only speak about my lifetime because I wasn’t around when Magic or Bird were coming up but maybe Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 can chime in about them. Off the top of my head in terms of hype (not speaking to the then living up to it)

Tiger Woods
Bryce Harper (Baseball’s Chosen One)
Sidney Crosby (Next Wayne Gretzky)
Andrew Luck (his hype may be less than all the others but he was billed as the next Peyton)

Who else has that much hype? I’m trying to only speak about my lifetime because I wasn’t around when Magic or Bird were coming up but maybe Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 can chime in about them. Off the top of my head in terms of hype (not speaking to the then living up to it)

Tiger Woods
Andrew Luck (his hype may be less than all the others but he was billed as the next Peyton)
No one's been comparable from the time I've been paying attention but I can't speak for how it was when Tiger was breaking through.

Crosby and Neymar might be the only ones who had the same style of consensus wide hype in their sports and they've lived up to a lot of it but neither were really billed as their sports 'chosen one' like that.

Harper got that billing early and he's been good but he's never really been the best in his sport at any time in his career.

Tiger Woods
Zion Williamson 🤔🤣
antidope antidope

No one's been comparable from the time I've been paying attention but I can't speak for how it was when Tiger was breaking through.

Crosby and Neymar might be the only ones who had the same style of consensus wide hype in their sports and they've lived up to a lot of it but neither were really billed as their sports 'chosen one' like that.

Harper got that billing early and he's been good but he's never really been the best in his sport at any time in his career.
Agreed on all accounts. To be clear, I don’t think those guys had as much hype as LeBron, they were just the closest I could think of across sports.

Zion Williamson 🤔🤣
antidope antidope

Zion certainly got a lot of hype and it is somewhat similar just in how excited everyone is, but the difference is that LeBron was seen as clearly on the road to becoming an all-time great immediately. People aren't really talking about Zion like that yet.

Lol it is not science. Water being wet is simply how you define “wet”. Water may not be wet if you define “wet” as being when a solid is covered by a liquid. There are many other definitions and uses for the word “wet” though...”wet” is even used as a noun in some instances.

Your screen name is freeze...what about ice? If you splash water on ice you are saying it is not wet? Have you ever heard the term “wet steam”? The phase changes of water allow it to be “wet”. Idk bro...seems more like making a general statement as “water isn’t wet” is more remedial. It’s kind of a basic way of defining things.
Water isn't wet. Wet is a conditional term. If something has the ability to be wet, it has the ability to be dry. Water does not have that ability. Take the L.

Agreed on all accounts. To be clear, I don’t think those guys had as much hype as LeBron, they were just the closest I could think of across sports.

Zion certainly got a lot of hype and it is somewhat similar just in how excited everyone is, but the difference is that LeBron was seen as clearly on the road to becoming an all-time great immediately. People aren't really talking about Zion like that yet.
I agree with you... that was moreso a reference to an earlier discussion in the thread lol
Honestly though having to do a year in college hurt a lot of guys hype wise. Wiggins immediately comes to mind... he had similar hype to Zion before that year at Kansas.

also what about Freddy Adu? I was young then but I remember him having crazy hype

I agree with you... that was moreso a reference to an earlier discussion in the thread lol
Honestly though having to do a year in college hurt a lot of guys hype wise. Wiggins immediately comes to mind... he had similar hype to Zion before that year at Kansas.

also what about Freddy Adu? I was young then but I remember him having crazy hype
Freddy grew up playing against trash competition. Got crazy hyped because we wanted a big name for budding US Soccer. He didn’t actually have the pedigree.

You’re right about Wiggins. His buzz was huge coming into KU. B Sox B Sox is spot on about Freddy :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom