OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love what Miami are doing but i need the Celtics to pull through for the drama.

Tatum and Jaylen can be the elite wing duo the Lakers were supposed to face this post season.......

Thank you for the insight and I concur about the media component. The leaps in media between Magic/Bird as prospects (whatever y’all had back then :lol: )...to LeBron ~20 years later (games on national TV and Pay Per View, magazines, etc) to Zion ~15 years later (social media and a more global NBA) have dramatically increased hype for players. It’ll be interesting to see how things evolve by the time we get next Top 1-5 player.
Emoni Bates :nerd:

Screenshot_20200927-102923_Chrome.jpg

Is this still a ridiculous take given what we've seen up to this point?

'01 playoff numbers thru WCF
Bean-31/7/6
Shaq-29/15/3

'20 playoff numbers thru WCF
AD-29/9/4
Bron-27/10/9

tenor.gif

Screenshot_20200927-102923_Chrome.jpg

Is this still a ridiculous take given what we've seen up to this point?

'01 playoff numbers thru WCF
Bean-31/7/6
Shaq-29/15/3

'20 playoff numbers thru WCF
AD-29/9/4
Bron-27/10/9

tenor.gif

:rofl: :rofl: at trying to compare AD to shaq's dominance. AD's been floppin wildly and injuring himself just to live on the line

:rofl: :rofl: at trying to compare AD to shaq's dominance. AD's been floppin wildly and injuring himself just to live on the line

Mans is shooting 57% from the field 37% from 3 and until like the last 2 games I think was in pace for the highest PER in playoff history. It looks different but he's absolutely been DOMINANT in the playoffs.

Hitting the 3 ball like that? A 6'9" 3 & D wing who can put the ball on the floor in a pinch? He might get more than that.

He did a great job as the primary defender on Kawhi the series prior too. No wonder Bron was planting the seed.

Still think DG/KCP/Kuz turn into a 3rd star so to speak.

Are y’all good with the NBA calendar potentially changing permanently? So it’s a December/January - August league? I think I am.
Its kinda sick having basketball, baseball and hockey going on all at the same time, but then when theyre all in offseason at the same time sucks lol

Cuz idc about american foosball

What do you mean?
It's just a random collection of pieces that fit well together, the longest tenured player on the team has been there three years.

I actually think it's kind of a good thing that this Laker team has no "story" behind it. It's kind of all the stuff people hate about how the Rockets do things.... Except it worked.

It's a mercenary team.

What do you mean?

No “home grown” players on the team and mostly guys who’ve had only short tenures with the organization.

There are a small number of fans who are bothered by that. My little brother, who is a Lakers fan, says he doesn’t feel as much of a connection with this current team as past iterations for those reasons.

The point about this team having no real identity will become more apparent if Kyle Kuzma gets flipped.
i think it's a matter of the lakers just being a team of free agents. besides Kuz and Caruso, who else on this team has been drafted by the lakers?

Does an Bron team have an identity, though? I guess the Heat had Wade and Cavs had Kyrie but for the most part his teams have been willing to move or sign anyone. Not a bad thing but it’s just been a trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom