OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
2004 circumstances were kinda different tho
fresh off the 3 peat that team was already ready to implode no?

Not exactly. There was a one season gap between the 3 peat and the 2004 Finals appearance. Lakers had brought in Karl Malone and Gary Payton and moved on from Rick Fox and Robert Horry. But the Shaq and Kobe tensions were there; plus Shaq wanted a contract extension the team wasn’t sure about.
But I think your overall point is correct that there are reasons the 2004 team was more vulnerable than this one.

I’m watching the clippers go down in flames and I’m wondering how people were just glossing over this.

People have a lot to say about LeBron playing GM on every team, but he’s done nothing but give you 30/7/7 in the playoffs every year for 10+ years.

Kawhi pulling strings & he had 14 in a game 7? And we’re talking about Paul George & the coach here? :lol:

There seems to be a much bigger issue with the clippers to me. I guess time will tell.
first round TS% was like 70 and by the time it got to winning time he was shooting sub 40% in all those second halves lol. he was getting to his sports FOR THE MOST PART too so think that knee is way more serious than we thought cuz he load managed the last to RS and it happened twice and this time he got a extra 4 month hiatus lol

Not exactly. There was a one season gap between the 3 peat and the 2004 Finals appearance. Lakers had brought in Karl Malone and Gary Payton and moved on from Rick Fox and Robert Horry. But the Shaq and Kobe tensions were there; plus Shaq wanted a contract extension the team wasn’t sure about.
But I think your overall point is correct that there are reasons the 2004 team was more vulnerable than this one.
Yup
I do however see the comparisons cuz this Heat team and 2011 Mavs and 04 Pistons players crappy *** def.... Dirk did have an all-time individual performance tho

I don't see comparisons to the Mavs but especially not the Pistons, that was an all time great defensive team. As for our side, the chemistry between Bron and AD couldn't be more of a polar opposite than what Bean and Shaq had at that time.

I don't see comparisons to the Mavs but especially not the Pistons, that was an all time great defensive team. As for our side, the chemistry between Bron and AD couldn't be more of a polar opposite than what Bean and Shaq had at that time.
two teams that play good team ball and scrappy defense going on finals runs
but to me Mavs had Dirk who was on a crazy individual run... he swept Kobe off the 2 peat if im not mistaken
and then 2004 Rip and Chauncey were on FIRE too lol (them two combined was like 44% from three lol)

not sure if Miami statistically is as good on defense as the Pistons tho i might have to look into the numbers

This Lakers team is also deeper and overall more talented (after the big 2) than the 2004 team. I mean, after Malone went down, that team had to give Slava Medvedenko major minutes against the Wallace boys. Yikes.

Semi-hot take.

There won’t be much difference between “prime” Tatum and current Tatum.

Nah, he's going to improve a lot in the coming years. He'll refine his skills, build his body and approve his decision making. Because he had so much success early on, he hasn't had the opportunity to make mistakes like a lot of young players

I’m watching the clippers go down in flames and I’m wondering how people were just glossing over this.

People have a lot to say about LeBron playing GM on every team, but he’s done nothing but give you 30/7/7 in the playoffs every year for 10+ years.

Kawhi pulling strings & he had 14 in a game 7? And we’re talking about Paul George & the coach here? :lol:

There seems to be a much bigger issue with the clippers to me. I guess time will tell.

Facts. I know we joke about Kawhi, but Bron is really a cyborg.
It's blatant that Kawhi is breaking down. His knees are deteriorating before our eyes.
Scary hours.

5lvjsajo3zp51.jpg

Kawhi joined the Clippers to play under Doc only for Doc to get fired the very next year.

You love to see it.

elpablo21 elpablo21 whatever you do..I beg of you.. don't give that flip flopping chump Playoff freeze freeze the bottle section this year. There's only so much betrayal I can tolerate :smh:
I have real estate in all you losers heads. Look at you thinking about me while I'm chillin enjoying life.

Talking all these tough words...you gonna have to see me with the hands chief. All y'all corny. Get your whole face mushed. I Know you would be comatose off a jab.

And me and elpablo21 elpablo21 trill homies. I know bro got me on the velvet rope section and bottles and thick jawns with the wap.

Bro...heat in 6.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom