OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol

Screenshot_20200818-023320_Instagram.jpg

Bron lowkey got that Lola Bunny fetish >D

He went to the line 15 times (up from his season average of 9) so he's getting Top 5 reffing

They fouled him more than that. He deserved a few more calls. If it were James Harden, he would have got to 25 FTs.

Not in good conscience. :lol:

First, I never pick my teams to win it all in brackets/office pools/whatever. I'm not superstitious, but... I just don't want to jinx them. So maybe a little superstitious.

So I have to have my team out somewhere on my bracket, and I went with the WCF against the Clippers. My fingers wouldn't let me select the Clippers winning it all, so that left the East. Too many times the last 5 or so years, I've picked Boston to either reach the Finals but lose or actually win it all. Not this year. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 3 times, what is my problem? Fool me 4 or 5 times, ok, seriously, what am I doing? So Deer/Dinos in the ECF, I believe in the Dinos reemerging :smile:nerd:smile: more than I do the Bucks putting it all together.

amitt5504 amitt5504 this is what I am saying. THEY don't want to give the man the ball.
I find it convenient it says “not sure what Brett Brown can do” lol if the man just called plays down the stretch (besides ATOs) Embiid would get the ball more. Yea you can blame the roster but it’s still his fault he doesn’t know how to use the players on the roster. It worked last year because Jimmy would improvise. Burks is similar but he has tunnel vision.

You know who else we could use who Brett Brown didn’t want to play. He wears 32 for Dallas

I find it convenient it says “not sure what Brett Brown can do” lol if the man just called plays down the stretch (besides ATOs) Embiid would get the ball more. Yea you can blame the roster but it’s still his fault he doesn’t know how to use the players on the roster. It worked last year because Jimmy would improvise. Burks is similar but he has tunnel vision.

You know who else we could use who Brett Brown didn’t want to play. He wears 32 for Dallas
You can't script out every possession of a game though. When the players are given room to run, they just don't want to give the ball to Embiid.'

Embiid agrees with you though.

All aboard firing Brett?

This is why I prefer losing in the first round, I don't want to be any doubt in Brand's mind that Brett's gotta go.

The reason we lost yesterday was that Brad was able to adjust and again, Brown gets outcoached.

You can't script out every possession of a game though. When the players are given room to run, they just don't want to give the ball to Embiid.'

Embiid agrees with you though.
Ehhh Brown just doesn’t call plays. 4th qtr offense is pretty much “figure it out”. If Embiid does get it in the post, the guys just stand around and constantly hear Brett yelling “keep moving” in the background. He doesn’t want to run a 2 man DHO game between Embiid and Shake, no PnRs etc. Guys be out there looking like 3 PM @ LA Fitness

I find it convenient it says “not sure what Brett Brown can do” lol if the man just called plays down the stretch (besides ATOs) Embiid would get the ball more. Yea you can blame the roster but it’s still his fault he doesn’t know how to use the players on the roster.

It almost didn’t work with Jason Kidd in Dallas because Rick Carlisle wanted to call a play every time down the court & Kidd (rightfully) felt he was above hand holding :lol:

Years later they brought in Rondo, Carlisle did the same thing, Rondo blew up :lol:

All that to say, if your guards are Shake Melton & Jay Rich, you probably need to hold their hand and call plays for Embiid, every single time down if you have to.

This is why I prefer losing in the first round, I don't want to be any doubt in Brand's mind that Brett's gotta go.

The reason we lost yesterday was that Brad was able to adjust and again, Brown gets outcoached.
To be completely honest, Brad didn’t adjust anything lol Cs did the same things they were doing earlier in the game. Add in some bad calls, bad lineup rotations and the typical lack of coaching and you get a 4th qtr collapse

There's a point where you just run out of excuses.

Bruks, Richardson, and Tobias can all average 20 points (they all did at one point). Embiid has fire power.

You can also give the excuse for Stevens that he doesn't have a big to stop Embiid, but he adjusted and that's what coaches do. He did not make excuses.

It almost didn’t work with Jason Kidd in Dallas because Rick Carlisle wanted to call a play every time down the court & Kidd (rightfully) felt he was above hand holding :lol:

Years later they brought in Rondo, Carlisle did the same thing, Rondo blew up :lol:

All that to say, if your guards are Shake Melton & Jay Rich, you probably need to hold their hand and call plays for Embiid, every single time down if you have to.
Eggggzackleee

Make things easier for your (basically) rookie PG who’s by far the best shooter on the roster.

Lmao, Skip tweeting about Dame and the Blazers on their off day.

After all these years, I'm still surprised when I see serious sports fans take these shock jocks seriously. Don't get me wrong, Stephen A and Shannon are funny sometimes but their opinions are no more valid than the average fan and they're not working in a journalistic capacity, there's no objectivity or deep research. They're just giving their opinions.

Colin cowherd put it best: their job is to be interesting, not to be correct. If their job was to be correct all the time, these networks would just hire Vegas sharps

After all these years, I'm still surprised when I see serious sports fans take these shock jocks seriously. Don't get me wrong, Stephen A and Shannon are funny sometimes but their opinions are no more valid than the average fan and they're not working in a journalistic capacity, there's no objectivity or deep research. They're just giving their opinions.

Colin cowherd put it best: their job is to be interesting, not to be correct. If their job was to be correct all the time, these networks would just hire Vegas sharps

Skip's job is to get fans riled up, then they'll tweet him all day, call him an idiot while simultaneously shining a brighter light on the hot takes

skip is there to play devils advocate.
shannon still gonna deny him entry into club shay shay
bet his narrative is " the blazers will win because of AD not because of lebron"

Could you guys be the contrarian? The Skip, Screamin' A, Whitlock, where your JOB is to be disagreeable, say uncomfortable things, even if you don't necessarily believe them but that's your role in the company, could you?

Could you guys be the contrarian? The Skip, Screamin' A, Whitlock, where your JOB is to be disagreeable, say uncomfortable things, even if you don't necessarily believe them but that's your role in the company, could you?
no, its hard. My boss is like that.

You say the sky is blue, he says "I actually think its purple."

Contrarians are the worst type of people. But skip gets paid to be like that so its different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom