OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first one he got, the rule book states “overt reaction to a call/no call” which gives the ref a TON of room for judgement. The reason why Draymond doesn’t get thrown out of every single game. The reason why we don’t have an ejection in every playoff game.

To throw a player out of a game on a 2nd judgement technical is ridiculous. You gave him one that he really shouldn’t have had, swallow your whistle this time and let’s move on. Absolutely nothing happened in that scrum.

Textbook definition of terrible refereeing.

The Draymond thing always baffled me. It's like they T dudes up on a curve, because that dude should be getting ejected according to how every other player is officiated.

He's like the extra at-risk kid in your class growing up the teacher always gives extra chances to so his parents don't thump on him when he gets home.

I guess. I feel like the throwing motion at the ref always yields a T no matter what.

Not saying it should, but it usually does.
It does for some. It doesn't for others. It's a consistency thing and, frankly, it should be applied with SIGNIFICANTLY more leniency during the playoffs.

Reactions: MVP
their job is to be interesting, not to be correct.
giphy.gif

Yea I couldn't do it if it wasn't on MY terms. Some of the bs they are fed to co-sign, I couldn't do it.

I wouldn't do Whitlock, nah.
So you could, but it would need to be on your terms and there are certain things that you're definitely not going to say or argue in support of. Right?

'You over there, you're going to be the safe guy. You, DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican , you're going to be the shock jock. Whatever he says, you have a problem with it. If he says the Lakers are primed, you say the Lakers are overrated. If he says the baseballs are juiced, you say that's good for the game, let them all roid up. If he talks about racial tension, you say there is no racial tension and it's all a myth and you worked your way up.'

Absolutely not, right? You couldn't be just a contrarian without parameters, not for any amount of money. Right? But if you were put on a show where you were your role was to be argumentative and loud without ever saying anything that would compromise your personal values, could you? Knowing that your job every day is to say things that you know will aggravate people, just not things that compromise your values.

It does for some. It doesn't for others. It's a consistency thing and, frankly, it should be applied with SIGNIFICANTLY more leniency during the playoffs.

Maybe it's the bubble, but historically players and teams get away with way more in the playoffs than they do in the regular season. More physicality is allowed, there's usually more leeway given with emotions and reactions given the heightened intensity of the situation and that's for normal players. Stars as always, get that base amplified.

What's really annoying is the context of the first T where the refs blew b2b calls on KP, first not calling that obvious foul on Zubac when KP was going to dunk the ball, then subsequently calling that foul on KP on the other end when he got that clean block on PG. There's going to be emotion and frustration in that scenario and it's natural. The refs need to stop trying to be the show.

Serious question, is this arm on arm contact not a foul? Seemed to me like he blocked it cleanly only after he hit him on the elbow. Unless I'm seeing things or interpreting the play wrong.

Untitled.png
giphy.gif

THE GAME NEEDS LESS FLAGRANT AND TECHS, THESE ARE GROWN MEN COMPETING. FULL OF EMOTIONS AND PASSION. NOTHING MORE EXCITING THEN WATCHING A BIG PLAY, PLAYERS TALK AND THEN A NICE DOUBLE T FOR BOTH.

As soon as that **** happened I thought why is KP running over there? Nothing happened and Luka was walking away.

Then I thought they're going for the triple tech, the league loves that.

Let grown men be grown men, they've killed the passion of the game. It's ****in sad.

And I agree about Draymond, I'd love to ref a game of his. He would have two T's before the end of the first quarter. He's so ****in disrespectful to refs. You can't talk to another grown man the way he does unless you're ready to fight. I can't believe the NBA lets him get away with the **** he does.

Serious question, is this arm on arm contact not a foul? Seemed to me like he blocked it cleanly only after he hit him on the elbow. Unless I'm seeing things or interpreting the play wrong.

Untitled.png
giphy.gif
Now go find the play before where Zubac hammers him and there's no call.

THE GAME NEEDS LESS FLAGRANT AND TECHS, THESE ARE GROWN MEN COMPETING. FULL OF EMOTIONS AND PASSION. NOTHING MORE EXCITING THEN WATCHING A BIG PLAY, PLAYERS TALK AND THEN A NICE DOUBLE T FOR BOTH.

As soon as that **** happened I thought why is KP running over there? Nothing happened and Luka was walking away.

Then I thought they're going for the triple tech, the league loves that.

Let grown men be grown men, they've killed the passion of the game. It's ****in sad.
Couldn't agree more.

It's the playoffs. Should be going out of your way to keep guys on the floor and not rush to technicals and flagrant fouls.

Untitled.png
giphy.gif

That's not a playoff foul in my opinion.
Especially since they didn't call the one prior to this play with Zubac fouling him.

To me, that's a good block. An amount of contact is to be expected. You did that to me in the gym, I'm not even calling it. If I'm KP and I do that to you and you call it, I'm not arguing (I dont really call much or argue) too much except enough to denote you got this one so we getting next questionable call (or maybe "shoot for it!").

Anatomy of an NBA champion: Which playoff teams fit the statistical profile?

For the nerds

Anatomy of an NBA champion: Which playoff teams fit the statistical profile?

For the nerds
Gonna take a read but I'm guessing Lakers Clippers Bucks. BUT its 2020 and I would assume that the Lakers are being discounted being that they can't shoot the 3ball

Well no ****, greatest 8 seed in NBA history, Harden/Russ (if they make it outta the 1st rd), modern day MJ/Pip, and soon to be 2 time MVP. No more cakewalk to the finals, this the big leagues now. He got his partner in crime, don't want to hear ANY excuses. Get it done.

A team that missed 27 straight 3pt shots is the big leagues?
A team that gives up 116 ppg is the big leagues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom