OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to understand how Westbrook has become a worse shooter as his career has gone by. It’s crazy how no matter how hard someone works, they’ll just never become a good shooter. Has to be mental.

I’m trying to understand how Westbrook has become a worse shooter as his career has gone by. It’s crazy how no matter how hard someone works, they’ll just never become a good shooter. Has to be mental.
It’s the sleeves

Looking over his year by year 3 point production, he was never a good shooter so arguably he didn't really get worse he just never got good
multiple knee surgeries.
At the same time, it's odd the past 3 years his FT% has went significantly down. Feel like his knees shouldn't give him a problem there

If lakers are gonna double harden when russ is the court, Russ needs to catch the ball on the perimeter and immediately go downhill. he's either going to be get a shot at the rim, cause the defense to help and he can kick out, or draw a foul. hell, take a few steps and get that midrange going.

him taking a 3 is an automatic rebound for the lakers. lakers rendered him useless today.
He was doing that
Thats why he had so many turnovers it was predictable

asking russ to shoot threes is the epitome of trying to a fit a square peg into a round hole. definitely not his game.

rockets are throwing 40 million at russ. even if he's hurting the team in a series where small ball requires that he hit open threes, it's the hill they have to die on.

He was doing that
Thats why he had so many turnovers it was predictable

i feel like a lot of those 1st half turnovers were him trying to play iso and beat his man off the dribble only find himself in a clogged paint/lakers collapsing on him

Yall kill the Lakers 2nd option for getting 34/10 but then expect teams relying on pg and westbrook to beat them :lol:

Mans is putting up 30/11 on 58% from the field and 40% from 3 and they wanna nitpick every little detail of his game yet all the other #2s on contenders been playing like straight garbage the entire playoffs. Makes no damn sense.

asking russ to shoot threes is the epitome of trying to a fit a square peg into a round hole. definitely not his game.

rockets are throwing 40 million at russ. even if he's hurting the team in a series where small ball requires that he hit open threes, it's the hill they have to die on.
I’m not just talking about 3’s.

i feel like a lot of those 1st half turnovers were him trying to play iso and beat his man off the dribble only find himself in a clogged paint/lakers collapsing on him
Yea he had an open lane fumbled the ball and kept passing to the corner 3.
Lakers were anticipating all his turnovers

2012 vs 2020

c86a2e25c87396998e1cd3f724deb551447217cc.jpg

Good chance that Westbrook is that bad again than the Rockets catching fire like the third quarter again this series.
lol you dont watch the rockets play. They'll have more like that 3rd qtr. That was light tbh. they get 3s in bunches.

Russ may be trash again, he may not. I think he's hard on himself when he plays poorly. He usually had a decent bounce back game.

I definitely expect the laker shooters to miss shots again. And Markieff had his Marcus Smart moment. That's not his game though.

Rockets still looking like the better team so far based on the eye test.

Stop man. Houston ain’t winning this series. This **** is cute and all for 2 games but that’s about it.
lol based on what could you think this? and not just assuming. But based on evidence just from these 2 games....what makes you think Houston can't/won't win? Things appear to trend in their favor actually..

that was a tough *** W. took that Nuclear bomb and came away with it

Rokcets definitely going to have another game like that though where they get 20 3's or Harden goes berserk.

lol you dont watch the rockets play. They'll have more like that 3rd qtr. That was light tbh. they get 3s in bunches.

Russ may be trash again, he may not. I think he's hard on himself when he plays poorly. He usually had a decent bounce back game.

I definitely expect the laker shooters to miss shots again. And Markieff had his Marcus Smart moment. That's not his game though.

Rockets still looking like the better team so far based on the eye test.
They're a high volume, average-ish accurate three point shooting team on average.

I'll take my chances they won't shoot like that again.

Just watched, grief Russ. But as bad as Russ was, you have to give credit to Lakers defense-- that zone had them looking rabid. D'antoni's gotta find an effective response for that game 3

All-in-all though: Davis went off, Kieff went off, Rondo was serviceable and this was still a winnable game. Says these teams are pretty evenly matched and gonna play at least 6 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom