OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Only guy with a lower TS% than Russ in this postseason is his teammate Austin Rivers. Second last and dead last.

40988448-E0EA-4B84-8555-B08EEAE554E2.jpeg

Only guy with a lower TS% than Russ in this postseason is his teammate Austin Rivers. Second last and dead last.

40988448-E0EA-4B84-8555-B08EEAE554E2.jpeg

Austin was -18 in only 6 minutes :lol:

If the Lakers continue to double harden, rockets had a lot of open 3s. If they can continue to knock those down they will stay in this series even if Russ is bad and not flat out terrible

Not sure why all the fuss about AD shooting mid-range jump shots
Tim Duncan, David Robinson, and Dream Olajuwon just to name a few
They all made a living as big men that shot jump shots

Austin was -18 in only 6 minutes :lol:

If the Lakers continue to double harden, rockets had a lot of open 3s. If they can continue to knock those down they will stay in this series even if Russ is bad and not flat out terrible

I’m floored at how bad Rivers was in just that amount of time

you would think mid range jump shots are more efficient but some people disagree... saying a long 2 pointer aka mid range is inefficient when they can just shoot the 3... this argument is hilarious cuz not everyone is a great 3 point shooter like curry let alone a good shooter in general look at russ and ben lol

you would think mid range jump shots are more efficient but some people disagree... saying a long 2 pointer aka mid range is inefficient when they can just shoot the 3... this argument is hilarious cuz not everyone is a great 3 point shooter like curry let alone a good shooter in general look at russ and ben lol

A wide open shot is easier than a contested 2. I’d want my guys with limited skills to take the easiest most efficient shot which is the spot up 3. My all stars and superstars can take mid range jumpers, which they do

It's moreso that most players shoot similar percentages from either range so why not step back two feet and increase the expected yield from a made basket.

65% on wide open two point jumpers is rare much less contested by a player of any height, which is why every defense is geared to defend the 3pt line & the rim but concede the midrange.
Nah you’re right 65% is ridiculously high. I was just making the point that AD has been getting his dream positioning and looks on these midrange jumpers.

Add to that not everyone can get their own shot. Which is why the high three point games and 3&D guys started to become a trend.

The closer you get to the basket, the more resistance you will find. Even moreso, only so many players are skilled enough with the ball to even get close to the basket out of a triple threat or off a pass.

Think the Lakers are outsmarting themselves a bit. They don't need to double Harden that chronically.
I dunno. I don't think you can afford to let Harden just blow by his defender at will like he did in Game 1. Seems like a slippery slope. Better off just taking the ball out of his hands completely until Russ starts playing like a competent basketball player.

I dunno. I don't think you can afford to let Harden just blow by his defender at will like he did in Game 1. Seems like a slippery slope. Better off just taking the ball out of his hands completely until Russ starts playing like a competent basketball player.

I just think that like with game 2, you're just giving guys open 3's and I don't think Russ will continue to be this Bad.

I think they can double him, but doubling him every play builds a habit and once that happened, the rockets started picking them apart and getting wide open looks. 4 on 3 basketball.

They should also consider starting house and letting EG come off the bench so he can play with Russ in the non harden minutes, or try to match Harden's minutes w/LBJ and never have Russ out there alone against LBJ lineups.

I just think that like with game 2, you're just giving guys open 3's and I don't think Russ will continue to be this Bad.

I think they can double him, but doubling him every play builds a habit and once that happened, the rockets started picking them apart and getting wide open looks. 4 on 3 basketball.

They should also consider starting house and letting EG come off the bench so he can play with Russ in the non harden minutes, or try to match Harden's minutes w/LBJ and never have Russ out there alone against LBJ lineups.
If they don't double, Harden is going to get by his defender into the paint and will either find guys for the open 3 anyways or lay it in. By doubling, you can at least take away the first part. All boils down to what Russ can do.

Definitely agree with never having Russ alone against Bron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom