OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about the Thunder running Westbrook, old Carmelo and Playoff P as a star trio :lol:

Only looks weirder in retrospect.

Reactions: OTG
Don't see how when Harden was the one that pushed for Russ in the first place.
While true and I've been saying the same thing, you can't be this degree of negative and not take the brunt of the blame. Especially when he's proven to be legit good albeit during the regular season post Capela trade. Harden will still get slandered regardless so nobody has to worry about that

RW might be on the outside looking in when it comes to Top 10 PGs of all time.

His numbers, if looking at JUST those, suggests he is.

But it isn't a guarantee or a "hands-down" thing at all.

By the time Russ retires, he's probably going to be top 25 on the scoring list and somewhere between 10-12 on the assists list. Only other dudes to do that are Bron and Oscar.
Yea, the NUMBERS work in his favor.

The perception doesn't.

Magic
Steph
Oscar
CP3
Stockton
Zeke
Kidd
GP (Maybe)

I doubt anything he does will make him a consensus better than anyone listed above.

Didn't stop to think how liberal it's been in comparison to a regular fan-filled arena. Like you would never see that in a normal environment lol. I think it'd be hilarious if the benches kept this type of energy whenever arenas come back
I love the bench setup in the bubble (row, behind row, behind row) but that will never happen because it will cost too much to take those season tickets away.

I'm curious, when did benches evolve to celebrating whenever a bucket is made? Back in the day, when someone made a bucket, the bench barely moved. I get making a huge bucket to give you the lead in crucial minutes, or a beauty bucket, celebrating occurs. But every damn 3 thats made now is celebrated like its the shot to win the game, even if the score is 21-20.

Sorry, my old washed ness is showing. The whole bench celebration is weird to me. I get certain situations

RW might be on the outside looking in when it comes to Top 10 PGs of all time.

His numbers, if looking at JUST those, suggests he is.

But it isn't a guarantee or a "hands-down" thing at all.
He’s definitely out. This isn’t a Westbrook hate thing either, there’s clearly ten above him. And obviously you wouldn’t just look at the counting stats to compare across eras.

Another guy they said was better than Steph, because he was “all around”, a “dawg”, “goes hard on every possession”, “FINISHES AT THE RIM BETTER”, etc etc etc.

True trickster Russ is.
he's always praised for trying so hard, yeah that's nice but basketball doesn't need you to play at full speed and tense all the time. It's like a running back who doesn't change pace or isn't patient.

The perception doesn't.

Magic
Steph
Oscar
CP3
Stockton
Zeke
Kidd
GP (Maybe)

I doubt anything he does will make him a consensus better than anyone listed above.
Nash is in there for sure

Then there's guys like Billups, Parker, Deron Williams

Then from this era and legacies not yet finished there's Dame, Kemba, Irving etc.

Tough

The perception doesn't.

Magic
Steph
Oscar
CP3
Stockton
Zeke
Kidd
GP (Maybe)

Agree about perception, but I think there are a lot of different arguments that can be made. Don't see how GP can be over Russ whatsoever. Russ scoring is just so far superior to the majority of that list.

Me personally, I don't want him on my team.

Reactions: MVP
By the time Russ retires, he's probably going to be top 25 on the scoring list and somewhere between 10-12 on the assists list. Only other dudes to do that are Bron and Oscar.
Oscar and Bron been to the top tho. All Westbrook is is a stat stuffer.

Vegas had the Lakers as the favorite.

Nobody is talking about betting odds. Like the POR series was supposed to be there are a fair amount of ppl that believed this is a nightmare matchup for LA and ppl were picking HOU to win. Not going to change the narratives again after the fact.

Russ' numbers and career accolades by the time he's done is going to command a spot in the top 10, I think it does right now, tbh.

Nobody is talking about betting odds. Like the POR series was supposed to be there are a fair amount of ppl that believed this is a nightmare matchup for LA and ppl were picking HOU to win. Not going to change the narratives again after the fact.
The Lakers aren’t an underdog here, no matter how you want to paint it. A “fair amount of people” doesn’t change that either.

Agree about perception, but I think there are a lot of different arguments that can be made. Don't see how GP can be over Russ whatsoever. Russ scoring is just so far superior to the majority of that list.

Me personally, I don't want him on my team.
Your last sentence is what it comes down to

Can't argue Westbrook's accolades but... if we're talking like a prime Tony Parker or Billups vs a prime Westbrook, you could say yeah MVP caliber trumps them... but if someone said they'd rather have Parker/Billups I couldn't really blame them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom