OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most players get smarter as their career progresses. He's just getting dumber. Lowest IQ I've ever witnessed.
Westbrook strikes me as the type of player who would do something wrong just to spite people. He knows his style of play isn't productive when it comes to helping his team and getting his team to win. He knows he's doing more damage to his team, but he wants when his style of play does actually work(cause a broken clock does tell the actual time twice for the day), that he's able to say "See, I told you".

I feel like I can say with the confidence of Kuzma that the only Hakeem you saw was on Moesha
Brotha please. Only Akeem you ever saw was on Coming to America. Tell me bout the Akeem who "powered" thru the 86 Celtics in the Finals or the Hakeem who "powered " thru Shaq and David in the mid 90s and let me know if he was a powerful force like Shaq and Wilt before you try to act funny

Plenty of examples of players leaving or being traded away from a Westbrook team becoming better players on their new team.

GP was simply a better player than Russ was. One of if not the best defensive PGs ever, and a much more reliable and consistent offensive player. Again those are not two eras across which you can compare counting stats.

Yeah I mean it's crazy trying to actually make an argument FOR Russ because I hate his game so much. But numbers/accolades ultimately have to mean something.
They have to be taken into consideration.

Context also has to be taken into consideration.

The numbers mean SOMETHING, sure, but everyone knows the story.

Everyone knows HOW he got those 10 rebounds during those 3x2 years.

Context is king.

Russell Westbrook ain't definitely on no gotdam top 10 all time player list that's fo dam sure

There are 10 guards alone who I'd take over Westbrook when it comes to building a title contender

They have to be taken into consideration.

Context also has to be taken into consideration.

The numbers mean SOMETHING, sure, but everyone knows the story.

Everyone knows HOW he got those 10 rebounds during those 3x2 years.

Context is king.
Would swapping some of those other guards for Russ on those Thunder teams have improved their chances of winning a title? I dunno.

Would swapping some of those other guards for Russ on those Thunder teams have improved their chances of winning a title? I dunno.

Yea I never get into those types of conversations .

My hypothetical machine hasn't worked since I was born. ( IATT IATT 8) )

he's always praised for trying so hard, yeah that's nice but basketball doesn't need you to play at full speed and tense all the time. It's like a running back who doesn't change pace or isn't patient.

He only really “tries hard” going for gamble steals or crashing the board :lol:.

I watched him not contest shots, not set screens, not move without the ball, leave shooters open to camp for rebounds etc. Been saying this for years...but the general public has been conditioned to only view hustle after Russ goes 100mph...and it works 2/9 times, and he scowls and flexes....while the commentators talk about how he’s the only player who “brings it” every night :lol:.

The worst of Russ was on display last night. It’s truly some of the worst basketball you will see. And it’s baked in. So when he’s bad....he’s REALLY bad.

You could’ve showed last nights game to someone who’s never watched basketball....and they’d come out saying, “#0 is really killing his team” :lol:

He only really “tries hard” going for gamble steals or crashing the board :lol:.

I watched him not contest shots, not set screens, not move without the ball, leave shooters open to camp for rebounds etc. Been saying this for years...but the general public has been conditioned to only view hustle after Russ goes 100mph...and it works 2/9 times, and he scowls and flexes....while the commentators talk about how he’s the only player who “brings it” every night :lol:.

The worst of Russ was on display last night. It’s truly some of the worst basketball you will see. And it’s baked in. So when he’s bad....he’s REALLY bad.

You could’ve showed last nights game to someone who’s never watched basketball....and they’d come out saying, “#0 is really killing his team” :lol:
At a certain point it’s also if you refuse to get better, how hard are you really trying.

Top ten guards or PGs?
Jordan
Kobe
Wade
Harden
Magic
Steph
Nash
Zeke
West
CP

Are all without question better

Yea I never get into those types of conversations .

My hypothetical machine hasn't worked since I was born.
I hear you, but it kind of speaks on your whole thing about context. Russ' teams require him to be a big time scorer. He can't just be John Stockton.

I dunno. EYE do not feel like arguing FOR Russ anymore though :lol:

At a certain point it’s also if you refuse to get better, how hard are you really trying.

ben simmons.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom