OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you, but it kind of speaks on your whole thing about context. Russ' teams require him to be a big time scorer. He can't just be John Stockton.

I dunno. EYE do not feel like arguing FOR Russ anymore though :lol:

I look at it like this, who do I trust more? Who puts my team in a better position to maximize their potential?

It is hard to look at RW and say he does that better than the folks I named.

He is an athletic freak at that position. Very physically imposing, but he just never had IT between the ears.

But, he didn't grow up PLAYING the position, so I feel for him. He maximized his gifts as well as anyone in modern history.

He could have ended up as any other high flying 6'4 or shorter player, but he didn't. That says alot about him.

But, to be a TOp 10 PG means a little more than THAT.

Russ' resume right now
1x MVP
9x all Star
8x all NBA
2x scoring champ
2x assist champ

It's comparable to most everybody in top 10 right now except Magic

Isaiah Thomas always getting left out!
KlutzyFloweryIceblueredtopzebra-small.gif

Nash, Kidd, Stockton, Glove, Magic, Kobe, Jordan, Isiah, Luka, Steph, Oscar, Parker, Iverson, Kyrie, Reggie Miller, Booker, CP3, Ginobili, Drexler, all these guys I'm taking over Westbrook

His #s are impressive but no one is taking him on their team. I hate looking at today's stats. They're so inflated and it was obvious Russ was stat padding the last couple of years in OKC.

Legit I'd take Billups, Tony Parker, Kidd over him if I'm building a team.

Russ might finish as a top 10 pg but we all know he's not that. Same way we all know harden aint what he's made out to be. Both of them are woat goats

Walt Frazier is another name that gets left off because he came so much earlier but looking at his resume also puts him in Elite company.

I personally wasn't alive to see him so that is why I don't mention him.

When you put feelings/ preferences into the conversation instead of what's actually done on the field/court of play; I think you get into mucky territory.
Again, context has to be considered.

Context doesn't automatically equate to " feelings/ preferences."

But to pretend JUST the actual resume should be viewed is disingenuous,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom