OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
His #s are impressive but no one is taking him on their team. I hate looking at today's stats. They're so inflated and it was obvious Russ was stat padding the last couple of years in OKC.

Legit I'd take Billups, Tony Parker, Kidd over him if I'm building a team.
yes, its hard to look at stats, but in another sense, hard to overlook.

This is the "home run ball" era. Stats are inflated because of amount of shots being taken vs in regular times. So rebound, points are going to be up.

yes, its hard to look at stats, but in another sense, hard to overlook.

This is the "home run ball" era. Stats are inflated because of amount of shots being taken vs in regular times. So rebound, points are going to be up.

Shortened shot clock to 14 seconds equaling more possessions factors in too.

Again, context has to be considered.

Context doesn't automatically equate to " feelings/ preferences."

But to pretend JUST the actual resume should be viewed is disingenuous,

Bro you literally have ppl saying "I wouldn't want him on my team" or "I hate his style of play". That's not necessarily context to me that's personally what you like to watch. Winning doesn't carry a premium on here like it should anyway (well when it comes to evaluating certain players it is, others it's not). What any player actually was able to accomplish to me should take precedence.

Walt Frazier is another name that gets left off because he came so much earlier but looking at his resume also puts him in Elite company.

I personally wasn't alive to see him so that is why I don't mention him.
I hate to talk about players I wasn't alive to see. Only some guys dont need me to have viewed to be comfortable with putting in all time great categories though (Wilt, Bill Russell, Oscar)

Jerry west in 2020 would be Gordon Hayward and Hayward would have been the logo if he played back then (*Shoulder shrug)

Bro you literally have ppl saying "I wouldn't want him on my team" or "I hate his style of play". That's not necessarily context to me that's personally what you like to watch. Winning doesn't carry a premium on here like it should anyway (well when it comes to evaluating certain players it is, others it's not). What any player actually was able to accomplish to me should take precedence.
The people on Niketalk aren't the only individuals that are allowed to have an opinion on the topic.

But again, I will say,

Context doesn't automatically equate to " feelings/ preferences."

So yes, some people WILL use feelings/preferences, EVERY consideration of context doesn't imply they will.

EhSExqKXgAI1mDj

Clyde Frazier loves mentioning how he knew where all dead spots on the hardwood were or how the shot clock used to be on the floor and when he'd catch players looking at it he'd go for the steal.

Different times :lol:

Stockton and Nash were detrimental to their squads cause they refused to shoot even though they were true talent shooters. Russ is detrimental cause he's OC at times and can't shoot the long ball (or anything as of late). I'd personally go with Russ but that doesn't matter when talking about what all 3 accomplished.

Cool. But thing is your nor my personal preference ultimately should have much standing in evaluating a player's all time standing. That was the point.
No one sane is taking Westbrook over Stockton or Nash, that’s simply delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom