OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

Ok, so I just went through my statements from last year and it looks like I owed the State and Fed taxes. In 2018, I owed State but recieved a refund from the Feds.

Where does that put me as far as this stimulus is concerned? Anyone?

You’re good you should get a payment

For those that dont do direct deposit, is there a reason why?

lots of everyday workers don´t have bank accounts...plus, just for fun:

Congress did not exempt CARES Act payments from private debt collection, and the Treasury Department has been reluctant to exempt them through its rulemaking authority. This means that individuals could see their payments transferred from their hands into the hands of their creditors, potentially leaving them with nothing.

Banks would be first in line to grab the payments to offset a delinquent loan or past-due fees. Even if the individual thinks their account with that bank is closed, if the payments post there, the bank could conceivably use them to cover old debts.

The Treasury Department effectively blessed this activity on a webinar with banking officials last week

EVrt5DAXgAEPTIx

So not all payments sent right? my mom over here calling me asking why she didn't get hers? SMH

and no that website says no info available or some stuff when she checked

she filed in 2018 and owed, did not file for 2019 yet

Not everyone got paid.. :smh:
idk seems like if you owed, they technically don't have your bank info.. but her profile online doesn't even show anything? she's over here freaking out. I mean she should get it so im confused unless they're just gonna mail her one

idk seems like if you owed, they technically don't have your bank info.. but her profile online doesn't even show anything? she's over here freaking out. I mean she should get it so im confused unless they're just gonna mail her one
they not done
all she can do is wait
she will get her money
but its just a waiting game

So not all payments sent right? my mom over here calling me asking why she didn't get hers? SMH

and no that website says no info available or some stuff when she checked

she filed in 2018 and owed, did not file for 2019 yet
Nah not all sent

Both. I did have a 1099-K for a few things I sold on ebay because I'm in MA, but I also filed a W2. That affects it?
I filed a 1099, that means I’m not eligible for the $1200?

No, we're eligible, we just have to wait. I was a 1099 in 2018 as well. hybridsoldier23 hybridsoldier23 explained it to me, but the process is different. A lot of the companies who hired 1099s essentially didn't report any of us on their taxes right, so the IRS has to actually get a hold of them and confirm income and employment, and then give us our payments.

EDIT:

getback getback But yes, being a 1099 affects it. Even though you also submit a W-2 (as I did as well, as I got my current job in December of 2018), the 1099 portion still has to be confirmed by the IRS.

Say What? Controversial Pastor Tony Spell Wants People To Donate Their Stimulus Money To Churches!

Dont these guys get tax breaks and enough money as is? Sorry Tony Spell the ones that are getting checks are keeping them.
These mf’ers the devil

All these so called men of God (not even) should be ashamed and condemned for preying upon people in time of need. Wonder what their organized business rackets are doing to help the needy. POS.

does she work and also collect SS?

I know people who haven't gotten it. They owe every year so they too don't have a DD # on file. But they were told since their SSI is DD, they know where to send it. They heard may 1st. It almost seems like people who usually owe are on a different list. And they haven't been paid yet.

No, we're eligible, we just have to wait. I was a 1099 in 2018 as well. hybridsoldier23 hybridsoldier23 explained it to me, but the process is different. A lot of the companies who hired 1099s essentially didn't report any of us on their taxes right, so the IRS has to actually get a hold of them and confirm income and employment, and then give us our payments.

EDIT:

getback getback But yes, being a 1099 affects it. Even though you also submit a W-2 (as I did as well, as I got my current job in December of 2018), the 1099 portion still has to be confirmed by the IRS.
if we being real
its ALL BS
and making us wait
they have copies of every single person tax return
them staggering this out
and making folks wait is just plain nonsense
i can log on to their website RIGHT NOW
and print out my 2018 tax return transcripts and everything
they know who suppose to get money
they just choose to act like its a difficult process
especially when all this **** really is automatic

Back