OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

It doesn't make sense because that isn't how it works.

-First, we don't know if the $2000 applies to each dependent. They were raising the personal one but I have not seen clarification about the dependent amounts

Even if that were the case (which it could be)...

-The cut-off is not at 75K. Under 75K is to qualify for the full benefit.

If they are just upping the amount but keeping the cut-offs and reduction rates that are in the signed relief package..

A single father making 85K with 7 children would get MORE than one making 75K with 5 kids

So I really don't understand your complaint, because it seems like the Dems are trying to get help to people that need it.

you’re correct regarding my example above. However if you play around with the calculator you posted, there are many scenarios where it shows the system is flawed. Head of household earning $180k with 5 children get under $300 whereas a married couple with same amount of children snd income receive $2000 more. Plus they don’t take into account location and cost of living. Either give everyone or make it more targeted to those in real need in much larger dollar amounts.

My boy texted me saying "they're gonna give out $2k checks." A lot of Americans about to be crushed once the news the senate rejected the bill breaks. Majority of Americans don't understand the process needed for a bill to pass.

hmmm...sounds to me like you’re well informed on politics and you understand the process needed for a bill to pass.

you’re correct regarding my example above. However if you play around with the calculator you posted, there are many scenarios where it shows the system is flawed. Head of household earning $180k with 5 children get under $300 whereas a married couple with same amount of children snd income receive $2000 more. Plus they don’t take into account location and cost of living. Either give everyone or make it more targeted to those in real need in much larger dollar amounts.
Then maybe simply argue it should be universal, instead of making some petty complaint about how you are not getting a check but some people with kids are.

It’s not about “some people with kids” getting a check. It’s about Democrats arguing that dependents such as children including new borns deserve $2000, yet a tax payer doesn’t deserve anything based on a bogus income limit system. That’s the issue.

It’s not about “some people with kids” getting a check. It’s about Democrats arguing that dependents such as children including new borns deserve $2000, yet a tax payer doesn’t deserve anything based on a bogus income limit system. That’s the issue.
Are they really arguing that? Or are you are just complaining that they are.

This was your first post on the matter....

Ridiculous how I who YTD has paid $46,xxx in federal taxes gets 0 relief but a newborn baby deserves a $2000 check. In what world, does this make any sense.

They are not the ones that demanded lower-income limits this time. The only people pushing universal checks during all this have been some progressive Dems

They passed a bill to get people more help and you are pissed because you as a high earner was not cut in. It is wild that no matter what, people got issues with the group in Congress that wants to give regular people more money. Now the issue is the Dems are not looking out for high earners enough? What is the GOP doing for these folk the Dems are seemingly ignoring btw.

There are political restraints preventing universal checks, and all things considered, they are prioritizing the right people.

You want a check, fine, you think the checks should be universal, fine, what to say that the reduction rates should be adjusted, fine, but someone making under 75K with kids should be a priority over a high earner. Economically and ethically that makes more sense.

Last edited:
I feel like everyone should get a check just like everyone should pay the same taxes just to be fair then you don’t have to hear people ***** and whine.

I feel like everyone should get a check just like everyone should pay the same taxes just to be fair then you don’t have to hear people ***** and whine.
Horrible idea :lol:

Of all the bad ideas libertarians have, flat taxes are in the starting five.

Letting fools whine until they turn blue in the face is worth it if that means America can have a truly progressive taxation system.

I'm cool with universal checks though. Da UNC 4s bout to drop anyway. :smokin

Last edited:
My boy texted me saying "they're gonna give out $2k checks." A lot of Americans about to be crushed once the news the senate rejected the bill breaks. Majority of Americans don't understand the process needed for a bill to pass.

These are the same people that are trying to educate one another about COVID too. "You shouldn't wear a mask cause you'll trap too much of your own CO2." :lol:

63b8770ba8346ef01b5193c2bee2c037.jpg

Anyone remember back in august about them passing a second stimulus? I’ll see it when it’s magically in my DD.

Horrible idea :lol:

Of all the bad ideas libertarians have, flat taxes are in the starting five.

Letting fools whine until they turn blue in the face is worth it if that means America can have a truly progressive taxation system.

I'm cool with universal checks though. Da UNC 4s bout to drop anyway. :smokin

I don’t know anything about those types of libs, I just know most rich people don’t pay much taxes and most us on nt pay too much. I feel a 15% across the board would be better than 25-30% for me and $749 for trump. 🤷‍♂️

I don’t know anything about those types of libs, I just know most rich people don’t pay much taxes and most us on nt pay too much. I feel a 15% across the board would be better than 25-30% for me and $749 for trump. 🤷‍♂️
It won't, it would make matter way way way worse.

I could go into detail on how it is bad at a later date. But I think I can convince you without the excessive paragraphs....

Both Rand Paul and Ted Cruz advocate for that very thing you suggested.

exactly what I wrote. While no one know whether it passes the senate or not. The house believes it’s justified to give dependents under the age of 17 $2000 as well while many tax payers get 0 relief.

I get where you're coming from fam and this probably won't change you're opinion, but I'm 99% sure the $2k that passed today is ONLY for adults $600 stays the same for children. Either way the $2k IMO is moot, I would be absolutely floored if the Senate passed it on their end. I just don't see it, then again 2020 isn't quite finished yet, so nothing would surprise me.

The thing that kind of bothers me is at this point they're still deciding who gets a stimulus check based off of 2019 tax returns. It seems like a lot more people would/should qualify based on 2020. A LOT of people lost jobs and some lost their careers/business. I realize there's probably not an efficient way to calculate that until 2020 taxes are filed, so I feel like this small check of $600 should have really went to every one or maybe they should have raised the income cut off. Hopefully they have some sort of tax rebate for people, when they file 2020 taxes and may not have qualified based off of 2019, but did for 2020.

Anyone else hear Trump had secured a couple ball rooms in a Mar-a-Lago Hotel with Christmas decorations, carolers, Etc. and had every intention on signing the bill on TV on Christmas Eve, and then had a change of heart at the last minute. After a horrible term dude had a chance to at least end it with a decent move, he decided to bout face and do the opposite. IF true its even funnier that buddy signed it after all. :rofl: I can't lie I was a little stressed he wasn't going to sign it. Not so much in my situation for a stimulus check, but the unemployment. For me the check is just extra and thats going to be saved. He had a point that the checks were too low, but I just cannot believe thats what kept him from signing. There was just too many other things that needed to be addressed for him to be playing with people like that, just because he wanted to lash out.
5c3024c82ac1a.image.jpg

Isn't he still able to Executive Order and repurpose the money left from the first stimulus, until the end of the year? Dude really didn't give 2 Fs about 2k or he would have made that move (I'd have made that move before the election). If I didn't question his intelligence, I'd have said he was playing some sort of chess game, but this is Trump so...

Last edited:
The $300 bonus unemployment is fine. I know for a lot of people with kids and mortgages, etc who can't get back into their career field can't survive off that amount but it's still better than $0. However, after MONTHS of nothing to just say ok we'll give you assistance but it'll be half what it was before is a slap in the face following months of nothing.

all these wannabe economists were saying "well most people should have 3-6 months of salary saved for emergency." Ok it's been almost 10 months. What's the excuse now?

Back
Top Bottom