OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

Ya imo Biden & Dems really bungled this from the start. 2k then 1.4k then fast phase out, etc . The cost was incremental and peanuts compared to the size of the total package.

I swear they be purposely trying to leave the door open for the GOP smfh
Unfortunately, that's politics. IMO, Biden is trying to meet the deadline to get the plan approved and get funds distributed. It was expected that compromises/changes were going to be made.

If Biden didn't agree to the updated phase out, I don't think the bill would be where it's at today.

But I agree with many, the Dems need to be stern and ensure everyone is on the same page (etc. Manchin).

that’s almost one of your paychecks each month after taxes. if you save 2k, you’ll have around 3k to spend. you pay a mortgage or rent? obviously you don’t have kids 😂
I had a daughter in college at the time and rent.

I started in DC at 40k by the time I got to 80k, I was still living like I was at 40k. LOL!

At that time I worked 6a-3p would go on a 60 mile bike ride everyday, which would took about 4 - 8, I was in bed by 9. My Saturday rides were about 8 hrs and Sundays were rest days and vagina.

What’s the deal with that irs gig worker threshold bill they might’ve passed last second? I’ll maybe push $1,000 in ebay sales (not enough for their $20k/200 transaction limit. Now I hear it’s $600? On top of their 15% fees and slow usps shipping, they want to get me for selling crap I no longer want?

MA. been had the threshold of anything over $600 for years now. There's only like 4 or 5 states that do this. Can't remember them all.

What you need to do year to year, is keep a simple spreadsheet of what you sold, but the main point is that you DON'T make profit from your yearly sales. Treat it like a "garage sale" in terms of selling, aka not profiting.

But you should only be taxed on the profit not the gross sales

This.

MA. been had the threshold of anything over $600 for years now. There's only like 4 or 5 states that do this. Can't remember them all.

What you need to do year to year, is keep a simple spreadsheet of what you sold, but the main point is that you DON'T make profit from your yearly sales. Treat it like a "garage sale" in terms of selling, aka not profiting.

Yeah I make it out like I take a hit on everything I sell. AKA I'm just getting rid of old sh*t.

Not factoring in cost of living is still the biggest error in these stimulus checks. 80k in DC is different than 80k in Charlotte. By no means am I saying you’re struggling off that salary, but your quality of life would be noticeably different.
True but clt is expensive for no reason too. No one wants to pay like 1100 down south to hear gun shots every other night.

My rent down here is like 1250ish (fluctuates) for no reason. I def would rather be home in nyc but I I don’t want to derail the thread with why so I’ll leave it alone.

80k in clt is cool but shouldn’t be the ceiling. Livable wages are underrated.
80k is just some magical number they pulled out of nowhere.

Sorry for the long read but I need to vent lol.

I did the dumbest sh*t yesterday smh. I have always done my taxes early, like 1st day available early and this year was no exception. I did them last month but couldn't submit them because a tax form wasn't available, so fast forward to yesterday I finished them up and submitted them. Soon as I finished I saw an article about the cut off's for stimulus checks and said let me see what my AGI is. ... Lo and behold I was sitting at 2k under the married filing jointly limit so now my $4,200 check has turned into $714 with a damn kid. Talk about pissed if I would have waited just 1 week my goofy *** would be straight

The south is cheap argument is starting to get dated. South been on the come up for years now. The days of thinking you’ll live like a king off 50-60k are over. Shoot cities/urban areas everywhere are pretty much expensive now.

The rural south is cheap that's about it. You can live like a king with 80k if you want to wake up next to the cows and cornfields every morning.

With that being said if I made 80k a year I'd be out here wilding.

The south is cheap argument is starting to get dated. South been on the come up for years now. The days of thinking you’ll live like a king off 50-60k are over. Shoot cities/urban areas everywhere are pretty much expensive now.
I know a few people who've moved from NY to Atlanta when they really moved to Georgia. The outskirts of Atlanta offer a much better return on the dollar than Atl itself as an example. Same with Charlotte..

Houses in Atlanta and Metro Atlanta are starting almost at 700K - 1.5 million.

My district for a 2 bedroom and 1 bath house starts at $550K.

SF folk make $120k a year and still live out their car lol.

Might as well do it right then. This can be had for $90K.

5bb256c921e9cb039e2427b6

5bb256c97654530401088f0b

Back
Top Bottom