OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shambles. Love it.

\m/ —> /m\
Is this what /m\ is?

E30F9707-130D-4F80-88B1-E57848F339AC.jpeg

I wouldn’t put too much into the UM/MSU ranking. MSU is coming off a loss so I got no problem with Michigan being ahead. I’m pretty sure tOSU was ahead of Oregon the week after Oregon lost to Stanford.

Last edited:
He’s toast.

More Longhorn nonsense… Bo Davis spazzing after the OU debacle…

These kids don’t respect none of them coaches, man. It’s a mess.

This the same guy whose DL has given up an average of 225 rushing yards per game (even still over 200 per if you count all games) and only gotten 1 sack per game against their 7 P5 opponents this season? Yea, might wanna sit your *** down, old man. Stop blaming those kids for blowing your $900k/season after you not making anyone better in a full offseason and 9 games of a season so far.

Last edited:
Bruce Feldman brought up a great point on his last podcast. In a hypothetical situation where the USC, LSU and Florida jobs are all open he would view the Florida job as the least desirable of these due to unrealistic fan expectations.

Bruce brought up the fact that outside of that decade with Spurrier and a the 06-09 run with Urban Meyer the Florida program really hasn't had sustained success in their hundred years history yet "the Gator standard" is competing for championships every year.

This is what is leading them to the cycle of firing coaches every 3-4 years (starting to sound kind of like Tennessee or Texas). Fans are expecting their coaches to immediately bring them back to the Urban Meyer/Steve Spurrier hey Dave when that might not be a realistic expectation.

CJ Stroud: “I’m not a running back I throw the ball for a living”

Dude needs to get over himself, his desire not to run has killed this offense in the red zone

Again, I'm older and in a different place in life so what I view as a 30+ yr old grown *** man compared to a 19-21 yr kid (man) is completely different but I see ZERO issues with that Texas coaching addressing his team in that manner. IMO, that sounded like a coach with passion who was sick of losing.

When I was coaching high school the thing I constantly told my players was I can't want it more than you. I will do everything in my power to put you in the best position to succeed but I can't make you want to give the effort.

Bruce Feldman brought up a great point on his last podcast. In a hypothetical situation where the USC, LSU and Florida jobs are all open he would view the Florida job as the least desirable of these due to unrealistic fan expectations.

Bruce brought up the fact that outside of that decade with Spurrier and a the 06-09 run with Urban Meyer the Florida program really hasn't had sustained success in their hundred years history yet "the Gator standard" is competing for championships every year.
My thing re: the SUSTAINED SUCCESS OVER A HUNDRED YEARS... Is like... Who cares? College football isn’t the same now as it was even 10 years ago. “History” doesn’t matter.

USC has been consistently great for the one Pete Carroll run since like the 70s. Nobody that impacted their runs in the 70s and prior is still around football. Texas is the same way under Mack.

LSU was nothing until Saban.

There's like 3 programs that have been basically consistently great forever and it's Alabama, Oklahoma, and Ohio State. They’re just never “down” long.

Again, I'm older and in a different place in life so what I view as a 30+ yr old grown *** man compared to a 19-21 yr kid (man) is completely different but I see ZERO issues with that Texas coaching addressing his team in that manner. IMO, that sounded like a coach with passion who was sick of losing.

When I was coaching high school the thing I constantly told my players was I can't want it more than you. I will do everything in my power to put you in the best position to succeed but I can't make you want to give the effort.
I don’t disagree at all.

The video being recorded and leaked is just more emblematic of the larger issues in that room right now.

They started losing and Sark and them dudes tried to start turning into Nick Saban and cracking down on **** they hadn’t been. It’s why the Josh Moore stuff went south so fast.

You don’t get to be an authoritarian when you’re an alcoholic who even today doesn’t publicly accept a ton of responsibility for how poorly they’re playing, throws players under the bus and has assistant coaches running around with stripper side pieces and pet monkeys biting kids. :lol:

My thing re: the SUSTAINED SUCCESS OVER A HUNDRED YEARS... Is like... Who cares? College football isn’t the same now as it was even 10 years ago. “History” doesn’t matter.

USC has been consistently great for the one Pete Carroll run since like the 70s. Nobody that impacted their runs in the 70s and prior is still around football. Texas is the same way under Mack.

LSU was nothing until Saban.

There's like 3 programs that have been basically consistently great forever and it's Alabama, Oklahoma, and Ohio State. They’re just never “down” long.
Spot on. Who really gives a **** about continued success? Can you win there? Yes. UGA hasn’t won since before I was alive but you can win there now.

Spot on. Who really gives a **** about continued success? Can you win there? Yes. UGA hasn’t won since before I was alive but you can win there now.
Jimbo is about to flirt with and may actually sign the #1 recruiting class in America at Texas A&M.

The landscape just isn't the same anymore.

Last edited:
nako xl nako xl

Some smoke starting to pop about mutual interest between TCU and Billy Napier.

I’d assume he’d be all in on LSU first, but that’s starting to pick up steam locally.

I don’t disagree at all.

The video being recorded and leaked is just more emblematic of the larger issues in that room right now.

They started losing and Sark and them dudes tried to start turning into Nick Saban and cracking down on **** they hadn’t been. It’s why the Josh Moore stuff went south so fast.

You don’t get to be an authoritarian when you’re an alcoholic who even today doesn’t publicly accept a ton of responsibility for how poorly they’re playing, throws players under the bus and has assistant coaches running around with stripper side pieces and pet monkeys biting kids. :lol:

Sark has little credibility.

nako xl nako xl

Some smoke starting to pop about mutual interest between TCU and Billy Napier.

I’d assume he’d be all in on LSU first, but that’s starting to pick up steam locally.
Yeah I think they're going 100% in on Jimbo for now and the smaller schools are capitalizing.

This is what is leading them to the cycle of firing coaches every 3-4 years (starting to sound kind of like Tennessee or Texas). Fans are expecting their coaches to immediately bring them back to the Urban Meyer/Steve Spurrier hey Dave when that might not be a realistic expectation.

This is a lotta BS. UF is in the most fertile recruiting ground in the country. There should be expectations to be an elite program, the AD has just made bad hire after terrible hire. I don't know how much the school's academic status increasing post Urban status but it has had an effect for sure. But outside of that, just a lot of excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom