OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke a one good year and dip stepping stone type of job…there’s no chance for sustained success there

I wonder if a school would ever get sick of someone like him entertaining jobs every year and finally tell him to pack his sh*t and go

I don’t think I could handle it year in and year out
VT basically fired Fuente because of that

These new ads on this site are a god damn cancer. Almost making it impossible to come back to.

hit the menu button - here’s an ad.
hit the what’s new option - here’s an ad
Hit the watched threads submenu - here’s an ad
Load the thread you want to look at - here’s a damn near full screen ad with an impossible to hit “X” in the corner

Last edited:
These new ads on this site are a god damn cancer. Almost making it impossible to come back to.
Methodical Management Methodical Management : “we just recently changed ad providers, we’re looking into it.”

Also Methodical Management Methodical Management :
EB8C2341-C6F6-4309-825F-C1958F003868.gif

I would honestly respect management a hell of a lot more if Methodical Management Methodical Management just said they were finally trying to fully push monetization of this board. I’m not paying for this board, I can handle - and almost expect - the ads if you’ll be upfront with me about your intentions.

I would honestly respect management a hell of a lot more if Methodical Management Methodical Management just said they were finally trying to fully push monetization of this board. I’m not paying for this board, I can handle - and almost expect - the ads if you’ll be upfront with me about your intentions.
If you’d like to have a conversation with somebody other than yourself about this, there’s a thread in the Feedback forum:

If we were just looking to cash out, we could’ve sold the site entirely. We haven’t.
The pandemic has wrought havoc on many businesses, especially small businesses, all of which reduces the cost of online advertising. We’re doing the best we can in a challenging environment.

All of the staff members see the same ads you do. We’re not asking you to accept anything we aren’t also experiencing ourselves.

We’re testing out new units right now to see how they perform and we’ll continue making adjustments as we go.

If you’d rather opt out of this entirely, you may choose to buy an ad free subscription:

It’s your call.

If you’d like to have a conversation with somebody other than yourself about this, there’s a thread in the Feedback forum:

If we were just looking to cash out, we could’ve sold the site entirely. We haven’t.
The pandemic has wrought havoc on many businesses, especially small businesses, all of which reduces the cost of online advertising. We’re doing the best we can in a challenging environment.

All of the staff members see the same ads you do. We’re not asking you to accept anything we aren’t also experiencing ourselves.

We’re testing out new units right now to see how they perform and we’ll continue making adjustments as we go.

If you’d rather opt out of this entirely, you may choose to buy an ad free subscription:

It’s your call.
If you actually knew anything about your own forums, data would tell you responses in this thread typically come earlier in the day (especially with posts on a Friday night) unless something in the college football world happens at night (which isn’t as often).

I’m not the only one complaining about your ****** ad situation in this thread either, babe. Maybe go back and read the last few pages?

Seriously and honestly, this was the first I’ve ever heard of an option for an ad free subscription (even though I have an email on file that could have been notified), and I will actually seriously consider that now that I know it’s actually an option. No clue why it hasn’t been presented to me before, and hate that it took me calling you out to make it actually presentable to a lot of people here who just subscribed to particular threads and don’t generally view the cancer of the mass boards.

edit: Just did a quick scan through the entire S&T boards through like 4 pages, and the only announcement I saw about ads was this toxic piece of **** that came up every time I touched a button.

Attachments

• 46A58D45-6A00-4512-89E4-E17C60A75209.png
    46A58D45-6A00-4512-89E4-E17C60A75209.png
    726.9 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
If you actually knew anything about your own forums, data would tell you responses in this thread typically come earlier in the day (especially with posts on a Friday night) unless something in the college football world happens at night (which isn’t as often).

I’m not the only one complaining about your ****ty ad situation in this thread either, babe. Maybe go back and read the last few pages?

Seriously and honestly, this was the first I’ve ever heard of an option for an ad free subscription (even though I have an email on file that could have been notified), and I will actually seriously consider that now that I know it’s actually an option. No clue why it hasn’t been presented to me before, and hate that it took me calling you out to make it actually presentable to a lot of people here who just subscribed to particular threads and don’t generally view the cancer of the mass boards.

edit: Just did a quick scan through the entire S&T boards through like 4 pages, and the only announcement I saw about ads was this toxic piece of **** that came up every time I touched a button.
This is the college football thread. If you’d like to talk about the ads, I’m happy to do so with you respectfully in the appropriate forum.

Duke a one good year and dip stepping stone type of job…there’s no chance for sustained success there

Duke is like Vanderbilt. Even their own fans and athletic department would tell you that they're not committed to winning in football. You're not going to get better resources, you're not going to be able to pay your assistance and you're going to have to deal with third tier football facilities.

That Jared Casey segment on FOX was deep. Great story and seems like a great family. Apparently he has gotten multiple NIL deals since the catch. $800 cash and $1,000 Applebee’s gift card for doing a commercial with the local Applebee’s. :lol:

That Jared Casey segment on FOX was deep. Great story and seems like a great family. Apparently he has gotten multiple NIL deals since the catch. $800 cash and $1,000 Applebee’s gift card for doing a commercial with the local Applebee’s. :lol:

I haven’t seen this many positive stories in the national media about KU football since 2009 and I’m all here for it.
It would be very KU football to follow that all up and get absolutely worked by a not so great TCU team today.

I haven’t seen this many positive stories in the national media about KU football since 2009 and I’m all here for it.
It would be very KU football to follow that all up and get absolutely worked by a not so great TCU team today.

I don’t know if they’ll win but I honestly think they’ll at least cover the spread. Hopefully they’re motivated again since they have some momentum.

Texas barely beat this TCU team.

As a UGA fan, I want the team to be at fill strength. But didn't Pickens tear an ACL in mid March? Really hope he doesn't hurt himself.

Stupid… but what the hell do I know.

I think it's a good move if he's 100% healthy. His draft stock isn't unimpeachable at this point, He's not a Jamar Chase or Miah Parsons level prospect where he'll be drafted in the first round whether or not he plays this season. He still needs to put out quality film and show that he can play, especially coming off of a serious injury.

Not to me he can win a national championship which might be valuable to him

As a UGA fan, I want the team to be at fill strength. But didn't Pickens tear an ACL in mid March? Really hope he doesn't hurt himself.

Returning from an ACL injury in this time frame isn't completely unheard of. Amari Rogers tore his ACL in March in returned by September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom