OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I remembered that. That's why I kinda figured it would make sense.

But if they already have a young guy in the fold that they love, I can see not wanting to shake things up too much
Is there a kid in particular you have in mind right now?

Preston Stone is there and he's a weird variety of SMU royalty.

And Rhett recruited the **** out of Stone at SMU before bolting to Miami.

So they may not want to play that game.

atlsfinest atlsfinest watch Jamon Dumas-Johnson

Along with Arik, Gilbert JDJ been the talk of the team so far this spring. He showed flashes in spot duty last season and apparently he's been lighting it up in the spring. He's supposed to be the next great Georgia inside linebacker. He does have some fierce competition. Georgia has recruited that position very well but I do expect JDJ to be one of the starters in the fall.

Along with Arik, Gilbert JDJ been the talk of the team so far this spring. He showed flashes in spot duty last season and apparently he's been lighting it up in the spring. He's supposed to be the next great Georgia inside linebacker. He does have some fierce competition. Georgia has recruited that position very well but I do expect JDJ to be one of the starters in the fall.
Well I meant more so, watch him to enter the portal. I'm guessing Kirby is recruiting him to stay :lol

Well I meant more so, watch him to enter the portal. I'm guessing Kirby is recruiting him to stay :lol:
🤣
I don't know the kids or his intentions but I've heard nothing but great things about him and camp and he's played in the short time he's played on the field. What makes you think he'll transfer?

Admittedly, Georgia has some very high level recruits battling for those ilb spots but I always had JDJ penciled in to start.

🤣
I don't know the kids or his intentions but I've heard nothing but great things about him and camp and he's played in the short time he's played on the field. What makes you think he'll transfer?

Admittedly, Georgia has some very high level recruits battling for those ilb spots but I always had JDJ penciled in to start.
Well, this is awkward...

Because someone with Baltimore ties has mentioned him by name as a guy who's been going back and forth on transferring for a while.

I think they've reasoned that our linebacker corps sucked at stopping the run last year and have decided to just get bigger up front than the rest of the conference and to figure everything else out after. Pass coverage has never really been our issue. It's that teams realize they don't have to pass.

They also have a really strong in with Maryland recruiting right now, at a time when MD seems to be producing a lot of kids, and are going to milk it for all it's worth.

Oklahoma folk had really convinced themselves they were getting LT Overton... :lol: :lol: :smh:

Now Wiltfong got them bent outta shape again and talking about how Brent Venables is gonna build OU the right way on integrity and hard work, not on making a quick buck with NIL. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The pressure is definitely on Jimbo now. Every team that has finish number one in the 247 composite recruiting rankings has won a national title within the next 4 years. It's going to be interesting to see if Jimbo can keep that street going

Oklahoma folk had really convinced themselves they were getting LT Overton... :lol: :lol: :smh:

Now Wiltfong got them bent outta shape again and talking about how Brent Venables is gonna build OU the right way on integrity and hard work, not on making a quick buck with NIL. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I haven't followed him at all, but when I was lurking the OU board a month ago their mods told them they were taking him and his brother (who i think was in juco?) and that OU was his leader and if he was going to A&M he would have committed there already.

Guessing it played out exactly as everyone but OU and Oregon thought it would huh?

I haven't followed him at all, but when I was lurking the OU board a month ago their mods told them they were taking him and his brother (who i think was in juco?) and that OU was his leader and if he was going to A&M he would have committed there already.

Guessing it played out exactly as everyone but OU and Oregon thought it would huh?
Feel like it was always gonna be A&M or Georgia.

Brother was at Liberty last year - barely played. I don't know if anyone ever actually offered him a scholarship or if he's just tagging along as a walk-on.

Thought maybe UO could get in with Lanning and Nike cash, but OU and tOSU always felt like visit fillers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom