OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid's statement he put out said he felt unsafe on campus ... Was there stuff going on up there I haven't heard about/Brown didn't address?

Nah, I think he’s referring to the threats that he’s received since deciding to enter the portal from WVU fans.

He’s referring to a player being stabbed at a bar near campus.

I mean it’s Texas A&M, so I’m tempering my expectations towards disappointment. I know we’re newer to the SEC, so you’re not as familiar, but we’re really big on moral victories.

Gonna go ahead and page justincredible7 justincredible7 so he doesn’t come flame me.
No I respect your opinion and you not being bias towards your team a lot of fan bases need realistic fans such as yourself. I don't drink the burnt orange Kool aid until I see results.

Meh. How much do recruiting rankings mean today compared to 5-10 years ago now that the portal makes it easier to leave?

You can sign 8 and 18 if those guys know if they lose out on a starting job they can go somewhere else in 1-2 years.
Yea, I’d expect a heavy exodus on the DL at A&M because having 20 blue chips on the roster at one time just makes no sense. A kid like Shemar Stewart will def be “homesick” and looking for an out after he sits his frosh year.

With Frank Gore retiring, I’d like to wish my Miami homies a happy 19 years :hat

022214A6-C64A-4958-A078-77B5A147A06B.jpeg

Nah but really they were talking on the radio about how loaded that Miami backfield was, sheeeeesh

Does Notre Dame have that kind of roster coming back? Who's playing quarterback?

Again - we just saw the first batch of Jimbo’s and last of Sumlin’s kids push through the pipeline, and saw how mediocre they largely were athletically at the combine. Maybe you want the win totals to be better, but the upperclass talent doesn’t scream it should’ve been.

People don’t realize how big a dumpster fire A&M’s talent level was when Jimbo took over. It was horrendous.

Jimbo’s first two full classes at A&M had a TOTAL of 12 Top 100 kids - and more than half of them played almost zero snaps at A&M.

The last class and this one are the two truly high-end crops of kids he signed.

But you gotta do that again. And again.

Jimbo's biggest issue at A&M so far has been that he largely whiffed HEAVILY on quarterback the first 3 classes. Maybe 4, depending on what Haynes King is. You can't recruit quarterbacks that poorly and expect to compete at any level.

You're making a lot of excuses for your boy jimbo. Long story short, if he doesn't want to championship with he'll be the first coach to not win a National championship with the number one recruiting class. Not only did they have the best recruiting class this year, it's the greatest recruiting class by a fairly large margin.

You guys can't brag about getting everybody and then try to temper expectations.

Last edited:
Does Notre Dame have that kind of roster coming back? Who's playing quarterback?

I don't think Notre Dame's team next year is going to be all that great but from our current vantage point, it doesn't look like they're going to be that many good teams. If anything, I might swap Notre Dame and Clemson.

It feels like it's one of those years where there are only 2-3 elite teams and the four seed is going to be the sacrificial lamb that gets blown out by 30.

You're making a lot of exclusives for your boy jimbo. Long story short, if he doesn't want to championship with he'll be the first coach to not win a National championship with the number one recruiting class. Not only did they have the best recruiting class this year, it's the greatest recruiting class by a fairly large margin.

You guys can't brag about getting everybody and then try to temper expectations.
I'm not making excuses for anything.

CHAMPIONSHIP OR FAILURE is stupid. Period. Across the board, universally stupid. Particularly in a sport where determining who gets a chance to play for one is as arbitrary as it is in CFB.

Even with this class - A&M is at best a fairly distant third and might still even be 4th in the SEC in terms of sheer volume of talent. That's not an excuse. It's a fact.

I've been plenty critical of Jimbo over the first 4 years of this tenure, so let's not act like I'm sitting here trying to find reasons to keep him propped up. :lol:

I don't think Notre Dame's team next year is going to be all that great but from our current vantage point, it doesn't look like they're going to be that many good teams. If anything, I might swap Notre Dame and Clemson.

It feels like it's one of those years where there are only 2-3 elite teams and the four seed is going to be the sacrificial lamb that gets blown out by 30.

Clemson has an absolutely cakewalk schedule but they aren't making the college football playoff lol.

I'm not making excuses for anything.

CHAMPIONSHIP OR FAILURE is stupid. Period. Across the board, universally stupid. Particularly in a sport where determining who gets a chance to play for one is as arbitrary as it is in CFB.

Even with this class - A&M is at best a fairly distant third and might still even be 4th in the SEC in terms of sheer volume of talent. That's not an excuse. It's a fact.

I've been plenty critical of Jimbo over the first 4 years of this tenure, so let's not act like I'm sitting here trying to find reasons to keep him propped up. :lol:
Texas A&M was the 8th most talented team last season and they are all but guaranteed to pass Florida, Oklahoma and LSU which will put them in the top five.

Screenshot_20220404-114333.png

Texas A&M was the 8th most talented team last season and they are all but guaranteed to pass Florida, Oklahoma and LSU which will put them in the top five.

Screenshot_20220404-114333.png
And still a distant third behind two teams in their own conference. Both of whom they'd likely have to beat in order to play for a title.

So again... It's a stupid notion.

Texas A&M probably should win one with how their class finished, but they also play in the best conference in America with the best team of the last 10 years in their division. I wouldn’t say it’s a failure if they don’t but if they don’t at least make a playoff then maybe.

By saying the top recruiting class should win a natty, I wonder how many teams that finish with top 4 classes failed to make the playoff/title game

Texas A&M probably should win one with how their class finished, but they also play in the best conference in America with the best team of the last 10 years in their division. I wouldn’t say it’s a failure if they don’t but if they don’t at least make a playoff then maybe.

By saying the top recruiting class should win a natty, I wonder how many teams that finish with top 4 classes failed to make the playoff/title game
USC had the #1 in 247 and #2 composite class in 2015 under sark :lol:

I think Texas A&M needs to win their division for the first time in like 30 years before we start projecting title appearances.

I think Texas A&M needs to win their division for the first time in like 30 years before we start projecting title appearances.
Right.

We're looking at one or two truly elite classes and thinking OH NO MORE EXCUSES ... :lol

They're still playing catch up. Aggressively. And still don't have an established high-end starting quarterback, which is... Largely the most important factor in all of this.

Yeah either you build a super team to where the QB can be a JAG and the other talent around them is so good they're able to offset it.

Or you build a very talented team with a Elite/Heisman Caliber QB that can lead you

Yeah either you build a super team to where the QB can be a JAG and the other talent around them is so good they're able to offset it.

Or you build a very talented team with a Elite/Heisman Caliber QB that can lead you
I don't think A&M is at the point yet where a Max Johnson or Kellen Mond can just go play "keep this thing on the rails" get them there. Not with most of their best athletes as sophomores and freshmen.

Connor Weigman, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom