OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
D318634E-6934-478D-B7B5-927FA4CC94D7.jpeg

I saw that he dropped the ball before he crossed the end zone in real time. There's no way the refs review that and call it a touchdown. That's one of the clearest misses I can remember. It's not going to matter because Alabama is still going to win easily but SEC officiating has been subpar this entire season

Thinking about job openings... is Tom Allen home? Or would he be a candidate for a bigger gig?

I saw that he dropped the ball before he crossed the end zone in real time. There's no way the refs review that and call it a touchdown. That's one of the clearest misses I can remember. It's not going to matter because Alabama is still going to win easily but SEC officiating has been subpar this entire season
There's more than one pandemic out here....officiating in college and NFL has been terrible.

I got to give the SEC officials an apology. Apparently they did review it in real time and they ruled it a fumble with another LSU receiver recovering the ball and scoring the touchdown. After seeing so many players drop the ball before they cross the end zone, it amazes me that we still see players do it

Devonta Smith is one of the best college receivers I've ever seen. Right up there with Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Crabtree. He's been fortunate to have elite quarterback play and coordinators to scheme him open but he's absolutely incredible.

Devonta Smith is one of the best college receivers I've ever seen. Right up there with Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Crabtree. He's been fortunate to have elite quarterback play and coordinators to scheme him open but he's absolutely incredible.

i wonder if dude is going break 4.6

Thinking about job openings... is Tom Allen home? Or would he be a candidate for a bigger gig?
He's from Indiana and this is his alma mater so it's not super far fetched to say he'd stick around. And Adidas would prob ante up.

But you gotta figure someone will throw money at him this year or next.

Wonder if Saban going to put up 80 on the board to tonight

Nobody is touching Bama this year.

They’re insane.

People tend to focus on Alabama's elite skill position players but the biggest advantage they have this season is their offensive line. The reason I see them winning the championship this season is because none of the other contenders have dominant defensive lines who can get pressure on Mac Jones and get their offense off schedule.

Unless another team can get pressure on the quarterback without blitzing, I don't see them stopping this Alabama offense.

Last edited:
People tend to focus on Alabama's elite skill position players but the biggest advantage they have this season is their offensive line. The reason I see them winning the championship this season is because none of the other contenders have dominant defensive lines who can get pressure on Mac Jones and get their offense off schedule.

Unless another team can get pressure on the quarterback without blitzing, I don't see them stopping this Alabama offense.
Anyone who knocks them off will have to do it in a shootout. Bama defense over the years has struggled mightily against spread offenses. Only Clemson and tOSU have a chance IMO.

Anyone who knocks them off will have to do it in a shootout. Bama defense over the years has struggled mightily against spread offenses. Only Clemson and tOSU have a chance IMO.

They’d shred my buckeyes secondary. Shaun Wade would be getting burnt multiple times (worse than he does now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom