OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does A&M get the 4 seed if clemson beats ND?

I got a funny feeling if ND loses close they (ND) will move to 4 and osu to 3.

USC and Clemson have the same odds now to make the CFP, according to the projector stat that ESPN is airing...

USC and Clemson have the same odds now to make the CFP, according to the projector stat that ESPN is airing...

LOL @ USC odds.

them dudes wouldn't beat indiana or northwestern if we being real.

pac-12 this year has been boring and uninspiring.

i legit think vegas would have usc a larger underdog vs bama than coastal carolina .

I mean does AM have a “good” loss? I wouldn’t say getting washed by Bama is something good. Not to mention their best win just lost to LSU which doesn’t help their cause.

So yeah, if ND loses a real close one to Clemson they should remain in the top 4. Same way Clemson stayed in the top 4 after their loss. Who at this point would have better wins/losses?

Last edited:
Does A&M get the 4 seed if clemson beats ND?

I got a funny feeling if ND loses close they (ND) will move to 4 and osu to 3.
Notre Dame is in unless they get blown out. If Clemson thrashes them, all bets are off.

If A&M had played Bama closer, that game next weekend is probably an elimination game for Clemson/ND. But you can’t unsee a 28 point game, no matter how good the rest of the resume looks.

I mean does AM have a “good” loss? I wouldn’t say getting washed by Bama is something good. Not to mention their best win just lost to LSU which doesn’t help their cause.

So yeah, if ND loses a real close one to Clemson they should remain in the top 4. Same way Clemson stayed in the top 4 after their loss. Who at this point would have better wins/losses?
What does Ohio State have with that 80th ranked schedule?

Who has better wins?
What's the point of a playoff to determine the national champion if you pre-seed 2 teams from the same conference in the top 10 and then reward them for not playing anyone else and only losing to each other?

Why don't we just pick 4 SEC teams then?

Undefeated either way. Y’all got straight embarrassed by Bama. Your squad ain’t fooling no one, any one of them teams in the top 4 would wash them
They’d beat Notre Dame.

Ohio State gets to beat up on a bunch of nobodies all year before they get washed by whoever they play in the Top 4... so it’s kinda the same.

What's the point of a playoff to determine the national champion if you pre-seed 2 teams from the same conference in the top 10 and then reward them for not playing anyone else and only losing to each other?

Why don't we just pick 4 SEC teams then?
You really believe what you just wrote up or you’re trolling? I sincerely can’t tell.

They’d beat Notre Dame.

Ohio State gets to beat up on a bunch of nobodies all year before they get washed by whoever they play in the Top 4... so it’s kinda the same.

Ohio State is 2-2 in the playoff with a natty. What have y’all done in the last two decades?

Is Mond still your QB? Like I said they ain’t beating anyone in the top 4 if he is.

Let me go back and pull up the posts of y’all saying you ain’t that good you just got an easy schedule

Who ever said A&M’s schedule was easy?

Them and Bama are playing the hardest schedules of anyone in the playoff conversation pretty comfortably. Like not even close.

Ohio State is going to get in. But it’s not because they’re a great team this year.

And more often than not it’s largely because of how crummy the Big10 is every single year and how easy their path is. It’s not like they’re annually lighting the world on fire.

Bama’s going to beat them by multiple scores.

My dude the pre season rankings came out and y’all specifically said “it’s not that A&M is really good it’s that they have a beneficial schedule after Bama and Florida”

And I wouldn’t say you’ve comfortably played a tougher schedule than Clemson or Notre Dame, you’ve played big name teams who are trash this year. Let’s not act like LSU, Auburn, etc. are the same as they were last year

My dude the pre season rankings came out and y’all specifically said “it’s not that A&M is really good it’s that they have a beneficial schedule after Bama and Florida”

And I wouldn’t say you’ve comfortably played a tougher schedule than Clemson or Notre Dame, you’ve played big name teams who are trash this year. Let’s not act like LSU, Auburn, etc. are the same as they were last year
A&M’s schedule was easier before the COVID shuffling. By a long shot.

There’s nowhere you’re going to find that would give Notre Dame or Clemson a SOS advantage over A&M. Literally nowhere.

You really believe what you just wrote up or you’re trolling? I sincerely can’t tell.
You don't think in a national title context, in a year where teams cant play other P5s, that it's a self fulfilling destiny to pre-rank two teams highly, then reward them for playing each other twice regardless of outcome?

Do you think Notre Dame has looked like a top 4 elite? And if not, then why should they be in the top 4 if they lose? You've said you think Miami would beat them straight up, so I'm guessing no.

IMO if Clemson loses, they're out. But they won't lose. Which is why you're already hearing the pr and propaganda for why ND should get in regardless of the outcome of the ACCCG.

Nobody thinks Notre Dame is beating healthy Clemson.

Literally nobody.

That team isn’t any better than A&M.

You don't think in a national title context, in a year where teams cant play other P5s, that it's a self fulfilling destiny to pre-rank two teams highly, then reward them for playing each other twice regardless of outcome?

Do you think Notre Dame has looked like a top 4 elite? And if not, then why should they be in the top 4 if they lose? You've said you think Miami would beat them straight up, so I'm guessing no.

IMO if Clemson loses, they're out. But they won't lose. Which is why you're already hearing the pr and propaganda for why ND should get in regardless of the outcome of the ACCCG.
dacomeup dacomeup For the record, I think if Notre Dame loses they're in regardless, I just don't think they should be.

And for the record, I don’t think A&M’s resume is enough to push them ahead of Ohio State. Or Notre Dame unless they get blasted by Clemson.

Ohio State’s resume sucks. They’ve only played 5 games and none of them against anyone worth a ****. A&M’s resume is inarguably better, but it’s not better enough that it pushes them pst a blueblood undefeated conference champ - even with a light schedule.

And frankly, I don’t think undefeated P5 champs should ever get left out regardless.

But ultimately for A&M, that Bama loss isn’t easy to unsee. If that’s a 14 point game, maybe. But it wasn’t. It wasn’t as lopsided as the score indicates, but that doesn’t matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom