OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there’s no way in hell that they’d do it but if they were smart they’d go after a guy like Tony Elliot from Clemson

If Illinois was smart they’d go after someone like Gus who got fired from a big job. He’d use Illinois as a stepping stone to get them better so he can jet outta there after a few years.

But they’ll hire another mediocre MAC coach and continue to suck

So a team that lost to a good Iowa State and a depleted 4-6 Kansas State team deserves to be in over a team who’d have one loss to a top 5 team? Cmon nako xl nako xl
Besides Clemson who has Notre Dame played or beaten. Seriously. This goes back to my "the committee thought Clemson was great coming into the year so any win or loss over clemson is seen as a positive." What other good win does ND have? UNC? They have 3 losses. Notre Dame won't even have a conference championship to buoy their resume. So what're we rewarding? "You played well against Clemson 2x so you should get a 3rd shot?"

If it's a national title conversation and you're eliminating an actual conference champion and completely ignoring a 5th conference, then what's the point of the playoff? I, personally, value conference championships more than close losses. But I also think it should be an 8 team playoff with automatic bids so don't mind me.

He’s underhandedly trying to **** on the ACC, when it’s undoubtedly the second best conference behind the SEC this year. Regardless of Miami getting their *** handed to them yesterday.
I really don't think saying it's the second best means anything. It's extremely top heavy like every other conference. I'm not even ****ting on them or being underhanded. I think in the ACC that Clemson is great, Notre Dame is good, and UM and UNC are decent to good. I also think a healthy Indiana would beat every team in that conference, except maybe this year. I think Northwestern would shut down a majority of that conference too.

You and I have talked about this with Miami. You always said they were good because look at what they did against UAB, and Louisville, and FSU... well...

Besides Clemson who has Notre Dame played or beaten. Seriously. This goes back to my "the committee thought Clemson was great coming into the year so any win or loss over clemson is seen as a positive." What other good win does ND have? UNC? They have 3 losses. Notre Dame won't even have a conference championship to buoy their resume. So what're we rewarding? "You played well against Clemson 2x so you should get a 3rd shot?"

If it's a national title conversation and you're eliminating an actual conference champion and completely ignoring a 5th conference, then what's the point of the playoff? I, personally, value conference championships more than close losses. But I also think it should be an 8 team playoff with automatic bids so don't mind me.

Who has oklahoma beaten besides 3 loss Texas? Oklahoma state who has 2 losses? 2-6 Baylor? 0-7 Kansas?

Who has oklahoma beaten besides 3 loss Texas? Oklahoma state who has 2 losses? 2-6 Baylor? 0-7 Kansas?
Bro... Texas and Oklahoma State are probably better than any team Notre Dame has played BUT Clemson. And IF they win their conference, they would have a top 10 win against Iowa State... Go look at their strength of schedules. Oklahoma's Big 12 schedule (8.6 rating) is tougher than Notre Dame's ACC one (8.0).

Essentially all you'd be doing if the scenario plays out is arguing "but Clemson is a good loss!"

For the record, that "easy schedule," everyone said TAMU has is rated 4th in the country. Part of that is because wins against other SEC teams are overvalued, but then what are you doing with the 1 win over Clemson?

I really don't think saying it's the second best means anything. It's extremely top heavy like every other conference. I'm not even ****ting on them or being underhanded. I think in the ACC that Clemson is great, Notre Dame is good, and UM and UNC are decent to good. I also think a healthy Indiana would beat every team in that conference, except maybe this year. I think Northwestern would shut down a majority of that conference too.

You and I have talked about this with Miami. You always said they were good because look at what they did against UAB, and Louisville, and FSU... well...
It’s not about ****ting on the ACC. Proceeds to **** on the ACC. :lol:

You lock in on things to try and support a point that you’ve already entrenched yourself on. We see it in here weekly. It’s fine. You’re still wrong, and you can’t in good faith name a Top 4 teams on resume or eye test that includes USC or Oklahoma, regardless of what happens next week. This idea that Clemson is only at the top because they were pre-ordained to be there is silly.

If Illinois was smart they’d go after someone like Gus who got fired from a big job. He’d use Illinois as a stepping stone to get them better so he can jet outta there after a few years.

But they’ll hire another mediocre MAC coach and continue to suck
Would he take a job like Illinois though? He comes off like a guy who would never leave the south.

Bro... Texas and Oklahoma State are probably better than any team Notre Dame has played BUT Clemson. And IF they win their conference, they would have a top 10 win against Iowa State... Go look at their strength of schedules. Oklahoma's Big 12 schedule (8.6 rating) is tougher than Notre Dame's ACC one (8.0).

Essentially all you'd be doing if the scenario plays out is arguing "but Clemson is a good loss!"

For the record, that "easy schedule," everyone said TAMU has is rated 4th in the country. Part of that is because wins against other SEC teams are overvalued, but then what are you doing with the 1 win over Clemson?

I don’t think Texas is better than UNC at all nor is Oklahoma state.

But even with those “better” wins we are just going to ignore the fact they’d have double the amount of losses one being to a depleted 3-6 KSU?

Again, I don’t like ND but in no way would Oklahoma deserve to be in over them should they lose to Clemson. I’d rather see A&M in over Oklahoma if ND lost

Come on Nako, Oklahoma is not better than ND. I know its easy for us to hate on ND because its a rival but ND deserves to be where they are at.

Oklahoma isn't a top 5 team this year.

Would he take a job like Illinois though? He comes off like a guy who would never leave the south.

I doubt he would but you never know. I mean they got Zook after he was let go from Florida. Not saying he’s at the same level as Gus but I’d rather see a fired big time program coach over a middle of the pack MAC coach.

They just need someone to lay a decent foundation. A nationally known coach could do that then you get some up and coming MAC coach. They’ll never be some top program but a 7-5/8-4 yearly would be awesome for them, like an iowa or Wisconsin.

It’s not about ****ting on the ACC. Proceeds to **** on the ACC. :lol:

You lock in on things to try and support a point that you’ve already entrenched yourself on. We see it in here weekly. It’s fine. You’re still wrong, and you can’t in good faith name a Top 4 teams on resume or eye test that includes USC or Oklahoma, regardless of what happens next week. This idea that Clemson is only at the top because they were pre-ordained to be there is silly.
I said that I value a conference championship over a good loss, good season, good story. I also said, but I am a proponent of an expanded playoff with automatic bids. With that information you can pretty clearly see my thread of thought. It has nothing to do with Clemson. I've said they look great. I think the idea though, that a non champion Notre Dame should get in by virtue of beating Clemson and then losing to them with nothing else on their resume isnt fair the to the spirit or idea of a true playoff to determine a national champ.

Ironically, if an undefeated tO$U was on the outside looking in and people were saying a Buckeyes team that has only played one team with a winning record (and squeaked by them at that) didn't deserve to be in over a 1 loss non-conference champion, witnesskb24 witnesskb24 would be in here making the opposite argument than he is right now.

But whatever. I said, don't mind me.

Come on Nako, Oklahoma is not better than ND. I know its easy for us to hate on ND because its a rival but ND deserves to be where they are at.

Oklahoma isn't a top 5 team this year.
I'M THE ONLY IAN BOOK FAN IN THIS THREAD DON'T GIVE ME THAT! :angry::lol:

I think you guys are misunderstanding me. I'm not saying Notre Dame isn't good. I'm saying a 1 loss, non conf champ notre dame, with absolutely nothing on their resume but a win against clemson should not be subsequently rewarded with an automatic playoff bid even if they lose to Clemson and every team directly behind them wins out.

How is that a radical idea? The fact that this is even so controversial is wild to me.

Just responding to the comment that Oklahoma is better than ND.

But yeah, if ND loses to Clemson, they shouldn't be in the final 4 against an undefeated team unless the undefeated team is Cincy, USC, and Coastal.

I said that I value a conference championship over a good loss, good season, good story. I also said, but I am a proponent of an expanded playoff with automatic bids. With that information you can pretty clearly see my thread of thought. It has nothing to do with Clemson. I've said they look great. I think the idea though, that a non champion Notre Dame should get in by virtue of beating Clemson and then losing to them with nothing else on their resume isnt fair the to the spirit or idea of a true playoff to determine a national champ.

Ironically, if an undefeated tO$U was on the outside looking in and people were saying a Buckeyes team that has only played one team with a winning record (and squeaked by them at that) didn't deserve to be in over a 1 loss non-conference champion, witnesskb24 witnesskb24 would be in here making the opposite argument than he is right now.

But whatever. I said, don't mind me.

Nah I said from the start we shouldn’t be in due to how moronic the B10 handled this, I’ll pull them posts up if you want. We’ve played half as many games as other teams, I don’t care how bad the teams are but the amount is what gets me.

Kevin Warren is an idiot and leaving tOSU out would’ve made him look even worse

Ironically, if an undefeated tO$U was on the outside looking in and people were saying a Buckeyes team that has only played one team with a winning record (and squeaked by them at that) didn't deserve to be in over a 1 loss non-conference champion, witnesskb24 witnesskb24 witnesskb24 witnesskb24 would be in here making the opposite argument than he is right now
But OSU looks miles better than USC. USC looks like a decent to good team in an atrocious conference. So you’re arguing hypotheticals that don’t really match up. Winning a conference doesn’t mean much if you don’t have the resume or you don’t look like you belong with the elites. We’ve already seen this in past years, I’m not even sure I get your argument here.

with absolutely nothing on their resume but a win against clemson
Clemson is a huge win :lol:. Somehow you’re trying to discount that? This is stupid. Beating Clemson is a win that solidifies you into the Top 4. We both know this.

Notre Dame beat Clemson and Oklahoma lost to a 4-6 team. You say that ND hasn’t beaten anyone besides Clemson when UNC would be the biggest win on USC’s schedule. You’re just all over the place here.

Damn, Milton goes to the program with one of the worst line the past 5 years???

They’re actually not nearly as bad this season. Atkins has done a really good job with them. Kinda worried about losing him TBH.

Not saying they’re good, just better than putrid. Plus they’re pretty young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom