OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruth back at it elpablo21 elpablo21 . You subscribe to her site?
KarenKayWestCoast?
It's wild to me people are still debating whether "The Eyes of Texas" is racist. Yet all over CFB boards, even on sites other than Texas I see people trying to defend the Texas boosters for "standing up for their history and culture."
I got into it with a bunch of A&M fans on their 247 board yesterday about how stupid it is to defend that nonsense or just piss and moan about Cancel Culture - and also "but hey, before you throw shade their direction - let's not forget about Maroon Lives Matter"

It was not well received. :lol: :smh:

People are scum bags.

KarenKayWestCoast?

Not even. She's actually a UW board runner/insider. She has a history of outing recruits commitments when they tell her they like UW and she finds out they're about to choose somewhere else. She also gets into it with recruit parents over recruitment and her staunch MAGA/Q ideals. Schools and 7-on teams have shut her out because of her past behavior.

FSU recruiting heating up 😨

Means nothing if they **** the bed during the season, but it's nice to see. They put a lot of focus towards this class last year that's why they took so many Grad Transfers. So some of that is paying off.

Plus it's a bit more of an even playing field in some respect with kids not being able to visit campuses as freely as before.

1614819161686.jpeg

If Reggie had motioned out to the slot on 4th down vs Texas, or just been in the field at all, USC would have won 3 in a row. I have no idea what Lane was doing. It’s as bad a Pete decision as throwing on the goal line Vs New England.
If He didn't try to make a play and lateral the ball they probably win that game as well.

If He didn't try to make a play and lateral the ball they probably win that game as well.
I mean:
1. Reggie threw an illegal forward pass, not a lateral. It should have stayed SC’s ball. I bet they woulda called it right if it had ended up in a TD.
Screen_Shot_2017_09_08_at_3.17.27_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017_09_08_at_3.06.03_PM.png

Vince’s knee was down on that pass
Screen_Shot_2017_09_08_at_3.51.35_PM.png

3. So many other missed calls.

but it’s whatever. The past is the past.

Last edited:
I mean:
1. Reggie threw an illegal forward pass, not a lateral. It should have stayed SC’s ball. I bet they woulda called it right if it had ended up in a TD.
Screen_Shot_2017_09_08_at_3.17.27_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017_09_08_at_3.06.03_PM.png

Vince’s knee was down on that pass
Screen_Shot_2017_09_08_at_3.51.35_PM.png

3. So many other missed calls.

but it’s whatever. The past is the past.

Probably the night that I became a USC fan. I was already a Lakers fan and a UCLA fan so it all made sense.

Biggest recruits that came to your squad but never lived up to the hype/stayed?

Player from your squad you thought would be good in the league but wasn’t?

Torrance Gibson had so much hype coming into tOSU and then got suspended and left after some claims from a tutor. The QB room was already loaded at the time but I remember hearing so much about him.

For whatever reason I really thought Terrelle Pryor would be good in the league. That dude was a freak athlete but just a bone head :smh: I always wish we ran a spread when he was at tOSU. So much wasted potential in Tressels offense.

Didn’t live up to the hype? EASY

Reggie McNeal was the chosen one... :smh: Fran deaded his career.

Christine Michael, Mike Goodson, Speedy Noil, Thomas Johnson

-Jake Locker
-Jake Locker

B00-F0468-0-FE4-495-E-9-BDF-337-F512939-A2.png

I had zero faith Jake in the NFL so probably Reggie Williams for that part

Fred Rouse on the 1st, no question

Need a minute for the 2nd - I'd go Peter Warrick but he was alright for a sec and 12 year old me was wild irrational and probably thought he was gonna break every record Jerry was setting :lol: so I'll go Roberto Aguayo. Def not worth a 2nd :lol: but damn that was a precipitous drop to be out of the league in a year

Last edited:
Lance Leggett, Aldarius Johnson, Arthur Brown, Latwan Anderson

Erik Flowers, Duke Johnson (thought he’d be better)

Never forget the Matt Patchan and Patrick Johnson recruiting drama on canes forum. 😆🤣😂. PJ says it's all about the u.

Fred Rouse on the 1st, no question

Need a minute for the 2nd - I'd go Peter Warrick but he was alright for a sec and 12 year old me was wild irrational and probably thought he was gonna break every record Jerry was setting :lol: so I'll go Roberto Aguayo. Def not worth a 2nd :lol: but damn that was a precipitous drop to be out of the league in a year
Second hand info I have: Aguayo was a coke head and needed serious academic handholding at FSU. None of that was public info but I was told right around the draft that dude would burn out quickly. Person who told me all this wasn’t a football fan at all and didn’t follow the NFL but knew Aguayo. I actually think I mentioned this on here during his playing time.

Second hand info I have: Aguayo was a coke head and needed serious academic handholding at FSU. None of that was public info but I was told right around the draft that dude would burn out quickly. Person who told me all this wasn’t a football fan at all and didn’t follow the NFL but knew Aguayo. I actually think I mentioned this on here during his playing time.

Looks like his (Roberto’s) old lady just left him, too.

PJ even changed his last name once it was all said and done. 😆🤣😂😹. Probably when I became a hurricanes fan.
He took a bag from USC too :lol:

I wasn’t heavy on their boards back then but I’ve seen talk of what it was like.

————

USC fans are agree about what they see as rearranging the deck chairs on a sinking ship. Prior to last season USC had 3 support staff members. New hires so far in the past month:
  1. Director of Recruiting Strategy--Marshall Cherrington
  2. Director of Recruiting Operations--Megan Mueller
  3. Director of Scouting and Player Relations--Jeff Martin
  4. Director of Football Sports Performance--Robert Stiner + 4 sports performance assistants
  5. Director of Creative Media--Derek Marckel
  6. Director of Video Production--Nick Mitchell
  7. Quality Control Analyst--Bryan Carrington
  8. Quality Control Analyst--John Bonney
  9. OL coach--Clay McGuire
  10. TE coach--Seth Doege

Last edited:
Players saying the AD Del Conte was the one who passed on the job threats:

Athletic Director Chris Del Conte said Wednesday he had not heard donors or alumni had threatened job opportunities, adding that he was concerned that players had that impression. He denied players were forced to stay on the field.

“We simply asked for their help — no one was forced or required to do so,” he said in a statement.

But the players said the mandate showed them that university officials prioritized donor wishes over the members of the team, some of whom had been vocal in the opposition over the summer and fall about their rejection of the song.

“It was really eye opening,” Overshown said. “These are some high-power people that come to see you play and they can keep you from getting a job in the state of Texas. It was shocking that they said that. To this day I still think back to the moment. They really used that as a threat to get us to try to do what they wanted us to do.”

A second player, who was on the team during the 2020 season, shared a similar recollection of the meeting with the Tribune. That player asked not to be named, for fear of retribution by the university and donors. He said it was Del Conte who told players that donors were unhappy and threatening to pull financial support.

“He kept saying these guys provide this for you. ... He was mentioning, ‘We have donors talking about pulling out money from the south end zone [stadium addition project], stopping their donations,’ the second player said.

Overshown declined to name the athletic officials, but the second player said it was former head coach Tom Herman and Del Conte who relayed the donor sentiments.

Last edited:
Texas ain’t even that nice to make that song issue n donors wildin a debate :lol: , shoulda been axed it from jump ...None of those bruvas should be going there, it’s better places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom