OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
64DC6CD4-0C33-4C0C-9C9E-B29C30DCFD38.jpeg

D09B7E8C-B627-4704-8E4C-FB23AA1E4206.gif

I still can’t believe Travis etienne didn’t go to the draft last year..
and its not like he's improving his draft stock either. I think he was projected to be a 2nd round pick last year? Still seems like hes projecting as a 2nd rounder this year.

Whoever gets him is gonna get a good player though.

and its not like he's improving his draft stock either. I think he was projected to be a 2nd round pick last year? Still seems like hes projecting as a 2nd rounder this year.

I think he would have been the 1st RB taken.. which is scary since the 1st RB taken went to the chiefs

but worst case he was going top half of the 2nd, more than likely worst case he was going back half of the 1st

I think edwards-helaire is a solid RB, but he’s like Mark Ingram to me.. etienne is special, his speed and receiving ability going give teams nightmares

Nah he's a first rounder. He'll probably still be one, but with how short the life span of peak production is for a RB it was foolish. Probably got paid a **** ton to come back though. Can't even imagine what the offense looks like without him right now, even with Trevor.

Knowing Texas fans they think Urban Meyer will come out of retirement or some successful NFL head coach will leave to come and coach the longhorns.
the offense put up 45 points and lost :lol:

A lot of things are his fault but I’m not putting yesterday’s game on the O. It’s known that Horns 247 hates Herman but that post reeks of agenda.

I hope they keep him :smile:
They do believe they can land Urban. But they also believed the last two times they could lure Saban and ended up with Charlie and Tequila Tom.

Their issues out there are deep though. There’s lots of whispers boosters have been pressuring/demanding Herman and the assistants hang around for Eyes ofTexas after games, despite players opting out as part of their social justice demands in the summers.

Then you got pictures of the postgame yesterday and it’s the staff and Ehlinger out there and everyone else left the field.

Factor in COVID, Herman’s recent extension... it’s messy. Very messy.

I didn't even notice that Costello got benched for a period in the game. their backup came in and threw another interception so they put KJ back in the game. Then he proceeded to throw a game ending pick six.

The funny thing is that teams aren't doing anything crazy to defend Mike Leach's offense. They're doing the exact same thing Washington did every time they would play Wash State, they just rushed three and dropped eight and let their QB throw two yard passes 50 times per game. For however much people think Mike Leach is a genius, he has no second punch and makes no adjustments

Miami looked so unprepared for the misdirection and disguised plays, it's basically all Clemson ran yesterday to start, you throw in a team an undisciplined team and last night's result can't be surprising. Pope, Wiggins & Harley are liabilities at the WR position. There's still a whole season to go let's see if they can keep it together.

Lane Kiffin is who Mike Leach thinks he is.

I never understood the the hype for Gruden in college

Me neither. He hasn't coached in college since the early '90s. People assume that he would be a great recruiter because he's a high energy guy but there's no real evidence for it.

Once coaches get to the pro level most of them don't willingly go back to college. There's a reason why Joe Brady and Matt rule took the first possible pro jobs they could get.

If I had to guess, X's and O's coaching is only about half of the obligations of a top tier college coach. Recruiting is a year round grind, You've got to do the donor/booster circuit, campaign for better facilities, etc. Most coaches don't want to do that and it's laughable that a an attractive pro coach like Jon gruden would want to go back to a dumpster fire like Tennessee was at that time.

His energy is attractive to ADs and you can say you hired a SB winning coach.

But Gruden has always had issues identifying talent.

Dude used to get a boner talking about JFF aka Manziel.

Happy he won the one and only Championship in Tampa, but I wish it was Tony Dungy that put the Bucs over the top and brought home the Super Bowl Ring. Still love that guy. Just seems like a really good human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom