OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The McClain brothers are transferring out. Their mom’s a she wolf. She needs to chill with the social media though. Her son’s still being investigated by the feds as part of an unemployment fraud ring... I don’t think he knowingly did anything overly wrong but if I was her lawyer I’d tell her to chill and stop making it hot.

yeah, she's wild on twitter. She aint helping. Not sure how she doesn't realize her son messed up here.

Is she blaming Helton or SC?
Helton isn't letting Munir participate in team activities while the investigation gets straightened out. That decision came from the school not him, but she feels he should be the last say in what happens with the football team and force her son's reinstatement. I don't know if she doesn't understand that it doesn't work that way, or if she doesn't care and is trying to win a media/PR battle. She went to the LA Times last spring to do a story about her kids and kinda pressing the coaches for playing time, so she clearly has a connect at the newspaper and means to use them.

It's a little weird. She claimed that Helton and the admin never spoke to her or Munir about what was happening with the investigation/suspension and Helton and others came out and said "that's not true, we had a meeting with them but we can't get into it further. They're obviously free to speak publicly as much as they want though." Obviously they had some sort of meeting, which she later admitted but maybe they didn't give her as much info as she wanted or she felt they weren't taking a hard stance of supporting him?

The school could be witnesses in his case though, so she needs to chill for several reasons. I get what she thinks she's doing, but it's not helping.

He's likely to start. JT has been getting the majority of the first team reps. Seems like the canceled game allowed him more time to get healthy.

It's unfortunate that we won't be able to see JT played until after we're out of the divisional race but hopefully he can set himself up for a big 2021. Frustrating part about this season is that I really like what our offensive coordinator is doing. He's scheming up some great plays and I like having a QB centric offense, we just don't have the QB. We have wide open receivers running around all the time but we don't have a guy who can make the throws. Hopefully JT can step in that role.

Dan Wetzel, Pete Thamel and Pat Forde agreed that BYU would be the best team in the Pac 12 and that Zack Wilson would be the best QB in the pac 12.

🧐

Nah, Wilson can actually play.

The appeal of Locker was always the tools, not actually what he put on tape.
I'm just not buying the leap from year 2 to 3 is this drastic without looking at his comp and the weirdness of covid. Plus I think his HC sucks, so I'm looking at their record incredulously.

And the producers of "D'Eriq King is a top 5 QB..."
I mean, he's been a Top 5ish QB this season and is unquestionably the reason that we're 7-1. If I'm off and he's a Top 10 QB instead then that's obviously a scorching hot take, right? :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom