OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be curious to see how that plays out. That team may win 5 games and all of the SEC turns up the heat after he balls this fall.
Someone was saying that if he could reclassify and leave early he would have and FSU would have started him this season. You’ve gotta imagine he has a realistic expectation of what’s going on there right?

I don't think that any of those SEC teams will or can turn the heat up on him anymore than they are right now. He's just shutting them out. Trust me, the Bama/UGA contingent and the folks that get things done have been trying

Another ****ty season will just give him reason to listen more.

At the end of the day though they just need to keep recruiting and keep doing what's necessary to put the best product on the field that they can. Some things are out of your hands, and certain calibers of players are just not in the cards for you as things currently stand. Like Kelly is a kid who was grossly underrated from the jump and I've always said he was a high 4*/5* level kid. Barring Covid and all the fallout from that I don't think he's a kid that would have committed to FSU as early as he did because everyone would have been circling around him.

Plus there's always the Dillard HS factor

Malachi Nelson:

“At this time, I don’t think I’m going to take another visit there,” Nelson said. “USC is a great school and I have a great relationship with coach Doege. He’s probably the coach I’m closest with from any school and I’m always going to have a relationship with him, no matter where I go.

“As recently as two weeks ago, USC was still a leader for me, I felt like it was almost a done deal but things changed when they offered another quarterback. From the get go, they had told me and my family that they weren’t going to offer anyone else until I made a decision so I was kind of surprised when that all went down

“On one hand, I get it, they said they didn’t want to have another situation like they did with Bryce (Young) where I guess they didn't have a backup option in place. For me and my family though, it was a bit of a trust issue where they said one thing and then did another. I’m still definitely praying on this and anything can happen but that’s just where things are at right now.”

----

Lying ***. casper90403 casper90403 Biggins agrees with you on the Iamaleava assessment though.

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 10.36.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 10.38.04 AM.png

One more for stanfan stanfan

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 10.40.29 AM.png

Last edited:
ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis but really, aimed at all:

In your opinion, what's the overall more prominent football program (counting history and recent success) FSU or Penn State?

If you’re going by right now obviously penn state is in a better position than FSU with their down time. Recent success is definitely FSU. They’ve won a title not that long ago. I feel like after they get over this slide they’re in, they have a higher upside than PSU. Even in their best years (recently), can you remember PSU being a legit title contender?

FSU might have the better brand name but PSU is a better job.
Financial and support/admin reasons? I think that’s the only thing in Penn State’s favor. FSU has a better recruiting base, and the path to CFP is a wash for both with OSU/Clemson. FSU won a title in the last decade. I definitely think FSU is the better job.

But which between FSU and PSU is the better program/brand?

UCLA has a better recruiting base than PSU but no one would argue it's a better program. Tennessee has a title more recently than PSU, but is it a better program?

Hopefully the Alumni that sent in da nasty grams sing the song with all of their hearts when "the blacks" choose not to play for their school. Sark risking his sobriety for this nonsense is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom