OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Financial and support/admin reasons? I think that’s the only thing in Penn State’s favor. FSU has a better recruiting base, and the path to CFP is a wash for both with OSU/Clemson. FSU won a title in the last decade. I definitely think FSU is the better job.

Yea, and I think PSU is a bit of an underachiever due to them letting senile Joe hang on until he couldn't. Could you imagine what FSU would be right now if they let Bobby's senile *** hang on until he was 85? :lol:

The talent in PA isn't what it once was, but Jersey still pumps out guys, and even though it's a bit of a free for all, I'd consider the DMV part of PSU's recruiting base. If PSU could ever get a coach who could lock the DMV down, I think they could be NC contender.

You know UT is a ****show when TAMU's fanbase is ridiculing them for racism.
1619130626251.gif

I hope Clay Helton stays forever.

Yea, and I think PSU is a bit of an underachiever due to them letting senile Joe hang on until he couldn't. Could you imagine what FSU would be right now if they let Bobby's senile *** hang on until he was 85? :lol:

The talent in PA isn't what it once was, but Jersey still pumps out guys, and even though it's a bit of a free for all, I'd consider the DMV part of PSU's recruiting base. If PSU could ever get a coach who could lock the DMV down, I think they could be NC contender.
dacomeup dacomeup this kinda sums up my feelings on both...

Florida State’s just got some issues that I don’t think Penn State does right now.

Big10 money is better. Conference is better. Less high-end competition in the Northeast for talent than FSU has to fight in the South.

dacomeup dacomeup this kinda sums up my feelings on both...

Florida State’s just got some issues that I don’t think Penn State does right now.

Big10 money is better. Conference is better. Less high-end competition in the Northeast for talent than FSU has to fight in the South.
I think there’s less high end talent in the Northeast than Southeast by a large margin though. Not sure we have anything in the history to make us believe that the DMV can even be locked down. No major power is actually located there, so those kids just end up going all over though. There’s less competition for the Northeast talent because there’s just less talent there. You can’t field a national title team made up of mostly guys from the Northeast. You’ll get ran. I really think that the money is the only thing that Penn St has over FSU.

I think there’s less high end talent in the Northeast than Southeast by a large margin though. Not sure we have anything in the history to make us believe that the DMV can even be locked down. No major power is actually located there, so those kids just end up going all over though. There’s less competition for the Northeast talent because there’s just less talent there. You can’t field a national title team made up of mostly guys from the Northeast. You’ll get ran. I really think that the money is the only thing that Penn St has over FSU.

Spot on. OSU was a perfect example of having a bunch of northeast talent and then continuously getting blown out in OOC games/Bowl games. Once they started getting more kids from Texas/Florida area it helped them be more competitive with the bigger powerhouses

Spot on. OSU was a perfect example of having a bunch of northeast talent and then continuously getting blown out in OOC games/Bowl games. Once they started getting more kids from Texas/Florida area it helped them be more competitive with the bigger powerhouses
Exactly, a large part of why (among others of course) that Michigan can’t climb back up. Southeast on aggregate just has a different level of athlete. Once OSU tapped into that it put them on a different level than the conference. Why would a Northeast school who can’t get into that area be better than a Southeast program who can be a dominant recruiting force in the Southeast when things are firing on all cylinders? PSU literally hasn’t won a national title in my lifetime.

I mean MSU has made a playoff and Penn State hasn’t. Even Iowa was in position to make it if they didn’t lost to MSU in the B1G title game that year.

Their crackhead coach James Franklin even said “we are great but not elite” during one of his typical post game meltdowns

Shadrach Banks in the transfer portal already after being on campus at A&M since January...

Rumors he already got asked to move off receiver during spring ball and isn't having it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom