OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at some point the narrative has to go to Kwahi for clippers short coming instead of PG
He’s been flying under the radar for blame cas the hate always goes to PG

Lol at some point the narrative has to go to Kwahi for clippers short coming instead of PG
He’s been flying under the radar for blame cas the hate always goes to PG
Narrative going against Kawhi?

He's a made man already and was the best player in the playoffs along with KD when he was out there for them :lol:

PG deserves a lot of credit for stepping up since he went down but so does Lue because this squad would've folded with ease if they were in the same situation last year under Doc.

Not sure where a case for Kawhi holding them back would come from :lol:, they're just a much better coached team that can adjust on the fly as well as any team.

Nothing to do defensively if you’re Phoenix. That was just a 1on1 clinic from PG & Morris. Tip your hat. You start sending doubles and you’re trading mostly contested jumpers for wide open jumpers & layups. Just gotta make them do that 2 more times.

On the other end, they gotta take the leash off Ayton. He was a -22 :lol: because he struggles to help & recover rotate out to 30 feet against those small lineups and they’re not feeding him on the other end when he’s being guarded by Mann & Morris. He was out there for cardio.

He’s the only one on the team with a mismatch. He gets great position in the restricted area off the PnR every time. Get it to him.

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE & MVP MVP I know y’all conflicted as hell. Who y’all *****s got? Btwn Clips/Suns

What's there to be conflicted about? BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE been shameful all season with his turncoat antics, upping the Celtics and Dippers. I'm rooting for Book in this series. It's always **** the Dippers as a staff, label and a record crew. Suns going to lose in the Finals anyway.

JVG has always had a dry, sarcastic sense of humor, which I’m cool with. And at least historically, I liked that he would occasionally be very direct and honest about things he didn’t like with the league, etc. But there’s just been way too much of that in these playoffs in particular, from him and Mark Jackson (to a lesser extent). The “back-in-our day this would never happen” energy with almost every flagrant and call review has been OD and obnoxious.

But media coverage of the NBA in general is just in a weird place right now. So focused on negative stories all the time. Too many prominent media members with their own strange agendas. I was really put off by the overall reaction from NBA media to Jokic being the clear-cut leader for MVP. Was almost no effort to actually promote one of the league’s new stars. Lame as hell to me.

Last edited:
Paul Jordan. Air George. Pick one
PAIRG.jpg

JVG and Mark have their faults, but who’s really better? Do you wanna hear more Reggie Miller or Greg Anthony? I definitely don’t :lol:

I wouldn’t mind hearing some completely new voices, TBH. At least in the analyst chairs. I like the play-by-play guys like Harlan, Breen and Ian Eagle for the most part.

I’m still deciding on Grant Hill and Jim Jackson.

But yeah, I’ll take JVG and Mark over Reggie or Webber any day.

JVG has always had a dry, sarcastic sense of humor, which I’m cool with. And at least historically, I liked that he would occasionally be very direct and honest about things he didn’t like with the league, etc. But there’s just been way too much of that in these playoffs in particular, from him and Mark Jackson (to a lesser extent). The “back-in-our day this would ever happen” energy with almost every flagrant and call review has been OD and obnoxious.

But media coverage of the NBA in general is just in a weird place right now. So focused on negative stories all the time. Too many prominent media members with their own strange agendas. I was really put off by the overall reaction from NBA media to Jokic being the clear-cut leader for MVP. Was almost no effort to actually promote one of the league’s new stars. Lame as hell to me.
Swear It's the only league where those who's job it is to cover it, many ex-players, seem to actively hate and try to disparage the league and its players daily any chance they get :lol:

It's notl surprise when it rubs off on casual fans who end up seemingly not even liking the sport, just certain players/personalities.

They legit undermine the league's growth and progress with that bitter old man ****

I haven't watched Inside all season long for this reason. Shaq and Charles have made it monuments to themselves and basketball sucks cause people don't play like them.

Tim Legler is like the one mainstream basketball guy that makes sense.

Legler. :emoji_hugging:

Unfortunately ESPN only puts Legler on for the 1am SC with SVP, meanwhile Screaming A, Wilbon and Perk the Perv all over ESPN basically everyday.

Grant Hill is too boring. Jim Jackson is fine. Richard Jefferson has the best balance of humor and analysis.

I dont wanna sound like brosizzle but weve gone too far from just passing the ball to the big when he has a small on him. Ayton is more than capable. I get that not all bigs can pass out of doubles but ayton has been decent on that regard. They dont even try to give him the ball when a small is on him

JVG has always had a dry, sarcastic sense of humor, which I’m cool with. And at least historically, I liked that he would occasionally be very direct and honest about things he didn’t like with the league, etc. But there’s just been way too much of that in these playoffs in particular, from him and Mark Jackson (to a lesser extent). The “back-in-our day this would ever happen” energy with almost every flagrant and call review has been OD and obnoxious.

Well said.

I'll add that the media doubles back on itself after every game.

After game 1, "oh this series is over!"
After game 2 tied 1-1, "the road team did what they were supposed to do."
After game 3, "so and so blew it and he's overrated."

The takes jump around like house of pain

Etc etc

Journalistic integrity isn't extinct, but it only exists in the less popular non sellout journalists...(other than the pti crew)

But wilbon has his moments where he gets with SAS and his better judgement goes a little haywire.

Last edited:
Nothing to do defensively if you’re Phoenix. That was just a 1on1 clinic from PG & Morris. Tip your hat. You start sending doubles and you’re trading mostly contested jumpers for wide open jumpers & layups. Just gotta make them do that 2 more times.

On the other end, they gotta take the leash off Ayton. He was a -22 :lol: because he struggles to help & recover rotate out to 30 feet against those small lineups and they’re not feeding him on the other end when he’s being guarded by Mann & Morris. He was out there for cardio.

He’s the only one on the team with a mismatch. He gets great position in the restricted area off the PnR every time. Get it to him.

Problem is he’s going to jump hook these mismatches. All his eating been as a roll man and on the glass.
He’s shot like 4 free throws all series

Narrative going against Kawhi?

Not sure where a case for Kawhi holding them back would come from :lol:, they're just a much better coached team that can adjust on the fly as well as any team.

The load management Ish and secrecy behind his health. Obviously when the guy plays he’s excellent but you never know with him when and if he ever hits the floor. He doesn’t get scrutinized for that nor does anyone dare to call out his behind the scenes pulls :lol:
PG def gets all the slander for the team and some of it is his own doing but there are times when it’s really not his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom