OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t let me catch you in DFW if you jump ship. We already had D StaXX D StaXX leave

My Lakers My Mavs :pimp: :pimp:
JO4GWW.gif

The discussion in 2019 after the Raps won that chip:

1. KD and Klay being hurt ala Kyrie getting hurt for Giannis.

2. Yes he had one chip, but wasn't the best player on the Spurs. Also he had what you'd consider 2 elite playoff runs (2017 & 2019). Giannis had 2019 and this year. Giannis has also had the dominant regular season stuff that Kawhi doesn't have hence the b2b regular season MVPs. His Finals performance is the best since Shaq in 2000. Can't be touting Kawhi in 2019 and try to question Giannis now.

- Steph and Klay Warriors are better than every team the Bucks faced.
- that series was basically a gentleman's sweep that got pushed to 6 with a couple crazy shots.
- injuries go both ways, Kawhi was cooked physically halfway through the bucks series,
and was on one leg against the warriors.

its not at all clear to me what the outcome would be if both teams are fully healthy.

where its pretty obvious Brooklyn was going to stomp the Bucks.

also wut 2019 Gannis was not an elite playoff run, he had a 570% ts far below his regular season norms

and was pretty clearly neutralized by the raptor defense. nothing comparable had happened to Kawhi previous to 2019.

Look Gannis is a great player, that was an all time great performance.

All im saying is if next year they face a team with reasonable defensive personal to guard him
and it's a replay of the Raptor series..

.that's going to put a serious dent in some of the more extreme claims about Gannis place in history.

Where's Kwame when you need him :lol: :smh:

Dudes really acting dumb or disingenuous as hell like they don't know what a super team is >D

No one on the planet considered either Middleton or Jrue to be top 50 players a month ago

The hate is wild. Not even 24hrs later people still tryna discredit what they achieved.

Where's Kwame when you need him :lol: :smh:

Dudes really acting dumb or disingenuous as hell like they don't know what a super team is >D

No one on the planet considered either Middleton or Jrue to be top 50 players a month ago

Him and Thskip on TV looking crazy. Thskip was just saying during the Nets series the Bucks are better w/o Giannis, Jack keep tryna push this "Middleton is the Bucks best player" nonsense. Now both of 'em sticking to their guns instead of just saying I was wrong.

Look Gannis is a great player, that was an all time great performance.

All im saying is if next year they face a team with reasonable defensive personal to guard him
and it's a replay of the Raptor series..

.that's going to put a serious dent in some of the more extreme claims about Gannis place in history.

We just saw how Kawhi choked last year against the Nuggets though who were fully healthy. It's clear you have a bias just cause the Raptors win the chip with Kawhi so you wanna overlook the similar injury circumstance.

But these are the facts:

Giannis in 8 seasons:
MIPOTY
5x All Star
1x ASG MVP
5x All NBA (Three 1st team selections)
4x All NBA Defense (Three 1st team selections)
1x DPOTY
2x League MVP
1x Finals MVP
1x Champ

Kawhi in 10 seasons:
5x All Star
1x ASG MVP
5x All NBA (Three 1st team selections)
7x All NBA Defense (Three 1st team selections)
2x DPOTY
2x Finals MVP
2x Champ

It's comparable to say the least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom