OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where's Kwame when you need him :lol: :smh:

Dudes really acting dumb or disingenuous as hell like they don't know what a super team is >D

No one on the planet considered either Middleton or Jrue to be top 50 players a month ago

Superteam with 2 guys who didn’t even make the ASG? :lol:

and let’s keep it 100, Middleton wouldn’t have made the ASG the prior two years if it weren’t for Giannis. Not trying to **** on anyone, but let’s stop acting like those two were ever the #1 option on a team.

Some of you guys have sick fetishes about Steph and Kobe. One dude didn’t even play this postseason and the other isn’t even alive anymore (RIP). It’s borderline sociopathic.

Was this the first non-super team title since Dirk in 2011? Or are we counting the 2014 Spurs, 2019 Raptors and potentially the 2020 Lakers?
15 warriors wasn't a super team. They just got it easy with two opposing stars getting hurt.

Seems like S Jax got a taste for having a bit of a spotlight because of ATS and now feels like he has to say wilder and wilder stuff to stay relevant.

Definitely a long way from the days when he had cred with a lot of NBA fans for being “real”.

Last edited:
I can see that but he don't wanna rebound and not much of a rim protector.

yeah he isn’t going to reach that defensive level I don’t think but offensively he’s one of them boys. Hopefully Willie can light a fire under him on the other end of the court because I think he still has potential there

Superteam with 2 guys who didn’t even make the ASG? :lol:

and let’s keep it 100, Middleton wouldn’t have made the ASG the prior two years if it weren’t for Giannis. Not trying to **** on anyone, but let’s stop acting like those two were ever the #1 option on a team.
They're not and everyone knows it but dudes are tryna reach for anything to talk down on a guy they don't like instead of admitting their dumb *** was wrong :lol: >D

Pure 🤡ery though

I always thought super team was stars joining forces. Not home grown. Bucks are a great team but when you're home grown, you're not a super team.
I used to love all the smoke but once i saw how childish and self aggrandizing the talking points are, I got tired of it. Jackson finds a way to bring up his championship/accolades every show.

They're not and everyone knows it but dudes are tryna reach for anything to talk down on a guy they don't like instead of admitting their dumb *** was wrong :lol: >D

Pure 🤡ery though

Example infinity of how weird NBA media is. Always someone trying to diminish or put a negative spin on team/player accomplishments.

Half sprite half lemonade gang
9ADCE40E-7C91-4010-9CC5-48CCFB45D605.gif

We just saw how Kawhi choked last year against the Nuggets though who were fully healthy. It's clear you have a bias just cause the Raptors win the chip with Kawhi so you wanna overlook the similar injury circumstance.

But these are the facts:

Giannis in 8 seasons:
MIPOTY
5x All Star
1x ASG MVP
5x All NBA (Three 1st team selections)
4x All NBA Defense (Three 1st team selections)
1x DPOTY
2x League MVP
1x Finals MVP
1x Champ

Kawhi in 10 seasons:
5x All Star
1x ASG MVP
5x All NBA (Three 1st team selections)
7x All NBA Defense (Three 1st team selections)
2x DPOTY
2x Finals MVP
2x Champ

It's comparable to say the least

so what you're saying is that Kawhi's performance in subsequent playoff series has forced us to just our all time great estimations of Kawhi?

doesn't that validate the point im making?

that's all im saying about Giannis.
and Gannis has less impressive previous playoff resume than Kawhi 2019 so we should be even more hesitant about crowning him.

he's a great player, but someone said he's in the goat PF convo with Timmy if he never played another game.
im just saying pump the breaks a liiitle bit.

if anything I've always bristled at the "Kawhi carried the raptors to a ring" narrative
if anything im probably biased in the opposite direction.

Kawhi was physically cooked by the the end of the run and Kyle had to bring us home in game 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom