OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
perk and jack gone full buffoonery in this nba media game with their hot takes
it's one thing for skip, SAS, etc to play characters, but as former players in the gm they really went all in wwe style :lol:
That's the gig. Journalism degree and sports experience are irrelevant now.

I love Yanni as much as the next man, he has an impressive resume and I consider him to be a Top 1-3 player in the league but some of y’all are catapulting him WAY too high up the all-time lists. It’s disrespectful to the the legends who who were doing it for 10, 15, 20 seasons.

Yes he deserves his flowers right now but give him time before we start saying he’s the GOAT PF and Top 10-15 of all-time.

And to be clear - I’m not saying he can’t get there when he hangs them up but to say that he’s here TODAY is wild to me.

Last edited:

JampackedPlasticGilamonster-size_restricted.gif

This dude Stak is sick 😭

So instead of taking back the nonsense he was spewing about Giannis being a "Robin", he completely ignores Giannis dropping a 50 piece but not so subtly tries to take credit for the Bucks winning by saying he gave advice to............................................PJ Tucker?

tenor.gif

He and Perk need Jesus.

It's a shame those dudes have such a large platform to spit their nonsense while people like Legler are locked in a cave only to be brought on the 12am SC with SVP.

so what you're saying is that Kawhi's performance in subsequent playoff series has forced us to just our all time great estimations of Kawhi?

doesn't that validate the point im making?

that's all im saying about Giannis.
and Gannis has less impressive previous playoff resume than Kawhi 2019 so we should be even more hesitant about crowning him.

he's a great player, but someone said he's in the goat PF convo with Timmy if he never played another game.
im just saying pump the breaks a liiitle bit.

if anything I've always bristled at the "Kawhi carried the raptors to a ring" narrative
if anything im probably biased in the opposite direction.

Kawhi was physically cooked by the the end of the run and Kyle had to bring us home in game 6.

Since 2019 Kawhi has looked like a juggernaut against the Mavs who can't guard a chair, choked a 3-1 lead against the Nuggets and got hurt this year and the team looked damn good without him.

Ppl were really trying to argue Kawhi was top 10 all time after having at best 3 elite regular seasons and 2 playoff runs. That was just as absurd.

I love Yanni as much as Yanni as the next man, he has an impressive resume and I consider him to be a Top 1-3 player in the league but some of y’all are catapulting him WAY too high up the all-time lists. It’s disrespectful to the the legends who who were doing it for 10, 15, 20 seasons.

Yes he deserves his flowers right now but give him time before we start saying he’s the GOAT PF and Top 10-15 of all-time.

And to be clear - I’m not saying he can’t get there when he hangs them up but to say that he’s here TODAY is wild to me.

Pretty much agree, but just looking at his current resume, it’s incredible. You’re in good company when you’re mentioned alongside Shaq and Hakeem, and he can only go up from there. Only injuries and bad team management will keep him from ascending even higher.

Since 2019 Kawhi has looked like a juggernaut against the Mavs who can't guard a chair, choked a 3-1 lead against the Nuggets and got hurt this year and the team looked damn good without him.

okay i mostly agree.
so perhaps we shouldn't rush to crown players as all time, all time greats after one ring.

Ppl were really trying to argue Kawhi was top 10 all time after having at best 3 elite regular seasons and 2 playoff runs. That was just as absurd.

I don't even get it

so that was dumb with Kawhi so we should do the dumb thing again with Gannis? :lol:

Pretty much agree, but just looking at his current resume, it’s incredible. You’re in good company when you’re mentioned alongside Shaq and Hakeem, and he can only go up from there. Only injuries and bad team management will keep him from ascending even higher.
His resume is incredible but damn the man has only played eight seasons and folks are putting him Top 10-15 of all-time TODAY. Let the man have a few more playoff runs like this, finals appearances/wins and longevity to get the the counting stats before we start doing all that. Someone really put it in perspective for me when they brought up Dirk has 30K points all-time.

To say all that after only 8 seasons is wild to me. I will admit, he probably had the best 8-season start to a career ever but that doesnt put him in the Top 15 for me.

Its official, NT. Giannis is now officially my favorite player in the league. Seems like a nice dude, humble and he is funny.

I saw a story about him as a rookie sending all of the money he had back to his family in Greece via Western Union. Sent it all so he couldn't afford the cab ride back. It was a game day so dude just takes off and starts running to the arena. Mind you it was winter and he was only wearing a wind breaker type jacket. A couple who was driving the down road recognized him and gave him a lift to the stadium.

Freak, a real one. Respek.

Bucks not a super team. Middleton is a star though, not a superstar, but a star all the same. Jrue a solid player. Combine Pat and PJ and that’s 1 solid player. Wild the bucks were good enough to win when PJ plays all those minutes and provides nothing on one end of the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom